[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>guy from work comes over >ducks his head into my room
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1413
>guy from work comes over
>ducks his head into my room
>is that a paintball gun
>uhh, yea...
>>
I use my school's student machine shop at odd hours
>people walk in on me machining
>hey what's that?
>uhhhh a hydraulic valve
>oh ok
>>
>>28072459
Made a muzzle brake in my school's machine shop, noone gave it a second thought
>>
>>28072459
>>28072470
I used my school's 3D printer lab to make a liberator. Got a weird look or two but nobody really gave a damn.
>>
>>28072440

>/k/weapons
>/teen/ paintball

K, so then what happened?
>>
>>28072497
You can't fucking tell us that then NOT give us pics or details on how it went!

>>28072512
it's obv not a paintball gun. That's what happened.
>>
>>28072459
>>28072470
>>28072497

fuck man i wish my school had this stuff, we had a extremely shitty woodworking class was our only shop class.

fuck public education
>>
>used my welding shops tools to finish an 80%
feels good to be a gangsta
>>
>>28072614
It went poorly. The material in the one I was using just didn't stand up, and after the 2nd test shot out of it, the thing blew up.
>>
>>28072649
>fuck lack of funding for public education
fixed for you.
>>
>>28072668
I should mention that the grade of material used in the printer was likely low. Coming out of it, it just seemed flimsy and generally unsafe.

Fired it with a length of string and a portable vice, which is fortunate for me as I would've lost a thumb.
>>
>>28072699
PLA or ABS?
>>
>>28072675
>implying

public school funding is higher than ever
it''s the fact that schools are publicly funded is the problem.
>>
>>28072710
Was ABS if I'm not mistaken
>>
>>28072699
Technically it worked like the real ones then.
>>
>>28072649
Or you know, Live in a good area. My school which was public had 3 3-D printers and 2 Separate laser cutters along with a cnc and a lathe.
>>
>>28072660
Not me but someone I know
>used city tools and materials to build a rack for drying hats and gloves over a wood burner for deer camp on city time
thanks tax payers
>>
>>28072497
I used mine to make a full sized horse penis.
For an art project.
>>
>>28072734
huh. Did you use 100% infill for the barrel?
>>
Friend pics me up from airport
Whats that long case with the two locks?
>high powered pellet gun
Oh...for pigeons?
>mhm, pigeons

Another occasion:
>older sig sauer has out dated rail on it
>find 3D printer file
>out dated rail to picatinny adapter
>send file to physics dept
>'print out this camera adapter mount with your strongest material'
>they print it out
>pick it up a few days later
>free of charge and works like a champ
>>
>>28072762
Yeah, I was going 100% for the barrel and about 60% on the rest. In hindsight the 60% areas might have been the failure point.
>>
>>28072459
I made about 8 different cleaning bore rods from brass on the lathe in highschool, havent had to buy another bore rod since. Got my dad to coat them at his work, dont remember with what but it works like fucking magic. I made a replacement piston for my SKS as well. Like a fucking dream.
>>
>>28072793
I would assume that's ok. The barrel is completely unsupported, so I'd assume the rest wouldn't matter UNLESS you made the face of the bolt too thin and the cartridge forced its way out of the back wall.
>>
>>28072731
Public Schools are largely funded by property taxes, which fucks everyone who doesn't live in a suburb
>>
>>28072731
>doesn't know what taxes are
>>
>>28072921
kinda hard to pay for Tyronne's school with taxes when his parents don't work huh
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.