[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Applying to be an FFDO I need handgun recommendations.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: FFDO-Badge-0613a.jpg (55 KB, 250x358) Image search: [Google]
FFDO-Badge-0613a.jpg
55 KB, 250x358
Applying to be an FFDO

I need handgun recommendations.
>>
Deagle brand deagle in 50AE
>>
>>28071199
Thanks for the recommendation. Do you have a particular reason for favoring the Desert Eagle, .50 AE?
>>
>>28071185
Use whatever your colleagues use so you can share mags or use whatever service or compact size gun you like the most.
>>
File: 399822[1].jpg (217 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
399822[1].jpg
217 KB, 880x660
The largest Glock you can comfortably conceal in the largest caliber you can use effectively (perhaps the .40 S&W compact Glock 23), but for God's sweet sake, load it with Glasers.
>>
>>28071268
Most pilots are not FFDO's. In most cases, I will be the only armed person in the flight deck.

Browsing the application process, it appears that the Glock is the favored handgun for the program.

I am not yet sure whether it is mandatory or simply the most popular.
>>
>>28071375
why would you bring an explosive device like that on a plane?
>>
>>28071185
Do FFDO's not get issued firearms? A little bit of googling says that they are issued H&K USP compacts in .40 with LEM triggers. I would just say use what you're issued unless its in shit shape just so you can use the ammunition that your work gives you and share mags with coworkers who will likely be using the same shit. If not pick up a Glock 23 or a H&K P2000 in .40 with the LEM (pretty much an updated USPC).
>>
>>28071469
Thanks, I have only just started the application process. As such, I am ignorant. I appreciate the information.

Assuming that I have the freedom to choose my firearm, which would you recommend?
>>
>>28071469
>Do FFDO's not get issued firearms?

To this I do know the answer: no.

I have to purchase the firearm.
>>
>>28071460
Is this faggot serious?
>>
>>28071524
Any of the pistols in my post. Although the way I see it is you could be potentially the only armed resistance in a shitty situation at which point I would want the most ammunition capacity I could get. I would carry the largest 9mm pistol you could comfortably conceal. If it were me and I could get away with a Glock 17 or S&W M&P9 I would go with that, if you need something slightly smaller but still holds 15 round the Glock 19. Federal Air Marshalls carry SIG P229's in .357 SIG. Law enforcement in the US carries Glocks most frequently closely followed by S&W. SIG Sauer, Beretta, and Heckler & Koch are also very popular. I would check out these brands and then go finger fuck the models that interest you at your local gun store.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.