[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Newfag thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 300x300.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300x300.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
Going to buy my first handgun. I've done a limited amount of research and I've settled on an H&K VP9 or just a Glock 19.

Can anyone point me towards a good link for a comprehensive list of good quality hand guns ranked by price?

I'm just not sure what I want to spend and I'd like to see maybe three or four suggestions for every 100$ bracket (300-400$ range, 400-500$ range, etc.)

Any chance I could get some help with that?

Sorry about posting a new shit style thread.
>>
>>28070046
Fullsized? Compact? Subcompact?

>$300-$400 range
Something surplus
Assorted used guns
Something like a LCP or PF9
Import made 1911s
>$400-$500
SP2022
Used glock 19/17
Surplus hipower
G43
>$500-$600
Glock 19/17
CZ75
S&W M&P 9
P07
92FS
>$600-$700
SP01
Good condition used p226
>$700-$800
USP in 9mm
M11
>$800+
USPc
Mark23
Desert Eagle
Korth 1911
Any gun

Really it depends on what you want to do with it.
>>
>>28070046
Read the fucking sticky then lurk moar fgt
>>
>>28070143
>>28070046
All this being said If you can only want to own one handgun I suggest a 9mm compactish handgun.
>Glock 19
>USP 9mm Compact
>CZ P01
>M11
All of these are great handguns. With these sized handguns you can carry them, you will print more and it will be bulky/heavy but you can carry them. Yet they are large enough that you can have fun at a range with them and not go home with sore hands.

Smaller gun = easier to conceal but less fun to shoot
Larger gun = harder to conceal but more fun to shoot.

If you could buy two pistols I would suggest a slim 9mm for carry:
>G43
>PF9
>LCP9s
>Shield
And one of the above mid sized pistols for range/nightstand
>>
>>28070187
>LCP9s
Fuck my bad, I meant the LC9S
>>
>>28070185
The expected response
>>
>>28070046
If you're looking at the VP9 and G19, I assume you're looking at double-stacked 9mm guns for big hands.

My best recommendation is the Sig P250. Beautifully smooth double-action trigger with a break that isn't even there, solid reliability, hammer-fired and second-strike capable. And it's in your price range.

If you want to try a lighter trigger and a striker, the P320 might be up your alley, but it's more expensive being new and all. But the Internet's anti-boner for double-actions made the P250 a pariah of a gun and it's pretty cheap these days, but I like the trigger FAR more than the P320.

Just my two cents, take it or leave it.
>>
>>28070187
Thanks a lot, man. I'll be looking into all of these tonight and tomorrow. I'm really just looking to get started with gun ownership in general, it will be shot rarely and probably just at ranges. Just your average self defense weapon, although I'm enjoying research into the subject and wouldn't be surprised if I got more afterwards
>>
>>28070143

Wat, I have seen SR9s, XD, Sig, FN, at the upper 300 low 400.
>>
>>28070262
Thanks a lot, I'll look into both suggestions.
>>
File: Rally CZ75.jpg (24 KB, 403x421) Image search: [Google]
Rally CZ75.jpg
24 KB, 403x421
CZ-75 or bust nigga

For real tho, a Glock 19 is perfectly acceptable, but like one anon has said it will be harder to conceal than a smaller sub-compact gun such as the Glock 26 or 43 or the S&W Shield or something similar
>>
>>28070287
>SR9s
No aftermarket, covered in ruger bullshit safety stuff. Terrible option unless gommifornia
>XD
We are trying to help out OP, not be a huge faggot
>Sig
P250 DAO is annoying, I left out P320 because OP would fuck up and buy a p250
>FN
I slipped on this, FNS9 could be tossed in there
>>
>>28070292
CZ75 looks good and I've looked into it a bit during this process. I'm only partial to the Glock because I know a number of cops, and I like H&K because I carried an M27 in the infantry.

The real issue is pricing
>>
>>28070046

Get the book, "Principles of personal defense" by Jeff Cooper

Go to funz store and hold the following in your hand to check for comfort and ease of access to the magazine release, trigger, and any safeties.

Glock 19, 26, 42, or 43
CZ P01 or 75 Compact
Lionheart LH9
Ruger SR9, SR9c, LCR, LCP, or LC9
S&W M&P9, M&P Compact, Bodyguard, or Shield
Walther P99, PPS, or PPK
Bersa Thunder
Springfield XDS or XDM
Sig P238, P938, P229

These pistols are almost all 9mm but there are a couple that aren't. This is on purpose. The 9mm is usually the correct answer against human attackers if you can't have a rifle or shotgun.

Jeff Cooper didn't like the 9mm because of prejudice and the fact that he didn't live to see the advances in ammo these last few years, but other than that, the advice in the book is solid.

Get live fire training from a NRA certified trainer as soon as you can. Be safe, follow the law, talk to a lawyer, and carry responsibly.
>>
>>28070326
So what's the difference between the M27 and a standard M4?
They're both fully-auto rifles chambered in 5.56, but from what I've heard they're planning on phasing out the M249 for it?

Really though, the Glock 19 or 26 is the best you can get for the price range.
>>
OP dont let some faggot at the gunstore tell you 9mm wont kill someone. They will try to sell you a gun in .40 because nobody wants them.
>>
File: Glock 40 Problem Solver.jpg (103 KB, 1341x1252) Image search: [Google]
Glock 40 Problem Solver.jpg
103 KB, 1341x1252
>>28070360
bruh .40 is my problem solver, get that weak 9mm shit outta here
>>
>>28070258
It should be the standard response. Not trying to be a cockmunching edgelord but between lurking and the sticky a newfag will learn everything they need. We don't need multiple "hey /k/ I'm new to guns" threads in the catalog every 20 minutes. Basic response and point in the direction of the information that is already summarized
>>
>>28070358
The M27 can do auto and is more accurate. I was with the first unit to carry them in Afghanistan and they sold it to us as being part of a new emphasis on "accuracy versus blind suppression"
>>
>>28070388
But the standard M4A1 is also capable of full-auto and is more accurate than the 249.

Maybe they just really don't like the 249?
>>
>>28070411
The accuracy aspect was heavily emphasized as well as the interchangeability of the mags in comparison to the SAWs drums. Many of us auto gunners were against it. The mags would limit suppression in my opinion, although it was a beautiful weapon while I had it and ten times easier to move around with
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.