[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, instead of talking about shooters in CA, lets talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_0378.jpg (3 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0378.jpg
3 MB, 2448x3264
So, instead of talking about shooters in CA, lets talk about stuff we got last week with the whole black friday sale thing and the things we're getting in the next week....

I got mags and tools, and a shitton of 9mm and 223.

I need to get everything to finish an AR lower. bought 3, got 2 A2-ish kits from PSA already, but need to get a longer flat top.

I do OK?
>>
>>28068481
cherish that shit comrade, new regulations coming soon!
>>
>>28068548
they would not have said weapons because of the ten day waiting period before you can pickup a firearm in California
>>
>>28068481
>spent almost $2,000 on AR parts
>live in socal
>most of it hasn't shipped yet

what are the odds of retailers pulling a sandy vag and cancelling my orders?
>>
>>28068481
I'm waiting on another 25 mags I got from PSA, but they're aluminium instead of pmag.

Any good deals on 20" flattop uppers?
>>
I'm about to crack and get this Urban Go carrier + 2 level III plates from AR 500 for $200 dollary doos. I know it isn't the best but it's a good price for a carrier that I have seen good reviews on and plates that can stop rifle rounds. At it's price I wouldn't feel bad about throwing it in the back of the safe and only taking it out every once in a while (or when needed). Good choice or get something else?
>>
>>28068589
since there were no children killed zero
it's "welp, that was too bad" and not "think of the children!"
>>
>>28068589
>barrel and handguard shipped today right before shit went down

Feels good man.
>>
>>28068481
I got a 10/22 for 180$

Shoots bretty good.
>>
>>28068589

Just remember..if Sandy Hook didn't cause anything to happen with firearms, fucking nothing will short of a public execution with a bunch of white, male rednecks screaming "THE GUNS MADE ME DO IT, TAKE THEM AWAY BEFORE I HURT SOMEONE ELSE!"
>>
>>28068481
ffuuuuuu

Gen3 pmag. Has a dust cover, seems like a good thing.

dust cover doesn't clip on bottom of mag. Nothing you can do with it but hold it in your mouth or something while you shoot. Terrible design. could have made it clip on either end of mag...
>>
Ordered a Lucid m7 from primary arms for $100, hoping its decent. Should arrive tomorrow.
>>
File: 20151202_224403.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20151202_224403.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Got this highly modified used s&w model 10-5 for $450 during black friday
>>
Got reloading equipment.
Reloaded 200 rounds of .45acp

Its day two, and i shit you not, local police watched me load the last hundred through a window in my garage from across the stree.
>>
>>28068481
Sooo...

All the armorer's wrenches I have bought are shit-tier. Had two of them break on me, one no-name brand, and one DPMS fairly nice armorer's wrench.

Made my own armorer's wrench out a piece of steel and two dowel pins, drill four corners for a square hole and removed the rest of the material (for the torque wrench to fit in).

My question is, why do the armorer's wrenches break so easily? The prongs that fit into the holes on the barrel nut snap off.
>>
>>28071482
lol what?
>>
Got a KMR Alpha and gas block last week, should be here tomorrow. And after today's shooting + general political climate here in Oregon, I went out and picked up a spare lower.
>>
>>28068481
I bought a garand barrel from the cmp on cyber monday. It wasnt on sale or anything. Just happened to be the day i bought it. Theyre pretty cheap though.
>>
>>28071580
You probably have a selection limited to consumer base quality.

But i dont know anything about those, based on your input its possible gun smiths have a selection that you cant buy easily.

Its not like theyd put up with shoddy quality.
>>
>>28068641
Ditto bro! Got mine used but it came with fiber optics.
>>
>>28068664
hmmm

let me check my PMAGs for a similar occurrence, I did notice some new gens won't work with older gen PMAGs
>>
Got a few grips, Forend kit to add a grip to my bump fire AK, and something else I won't remember til it arrives
>>
>>28071608
>I live in a bad neighborhood.
>I got a pistol.
Shot it alot.
>went shopping
>Seen unmarked suv with immensely tented windows and a spot light.
>i left my tumbler on when i left, went to check on my brass
>Suv is on the opposite side of the street, 40ft away from a window with a clear veiw of me from chest up.
>They watch for 1.5 hours and leave.
No headlights, no dome lights, could barely see them in the dark.

Dogs barking outside, just fucking spoopy.
>>
>>28071690
Apparently he is correct, Gen 3 PMAG top covers won't fit on the base of the mag. I guess it's just a way to get you to spend $5 on new top covers if you actually use them.
>>
>>28071708
You aren't muslim or something are you? It's time to trim the beard if you have one.

>>28071646
Seems like BS since a lot of other gunsmithing tools aren't pleb-tier. The other alternative is I'm doing something wrong with it.
>>
>>28071794
Free, white, and over 21.

Maybe your torqueing too much?
Check the specs on the bolts and see if your up to snuff.
>>
r8 first AR m8s

PSA lower w Magpul ACS-L
PSA 16'' 1:7 Ultra light weight CHF barrel
MI G3 MLOK 15'' handguard
Magpul K2+ grip w oil bottle
Aero Precision upper receiver
Raptor ambi charging handle
FailZero FA BCG
MBUS2 sight set
M4-72 compensator
Lowpro gas block and melonited midlength tube
10 Pmags, MS4 sling, ASAP QD sling plate, and some pmag couplers

$1350, saved few hundred bucks
Should all be in by next weds
>>
>>28071893
If I was torquing too much it would have been barely the upper edge of the acceptable torque, what was it like 80 ft/lb of torque max?
>>
>>28071942
I wana build one, but i dont need it, and cant rationalize spending the money.

Even if i REALLY want to..
>>
>>28071986
Dont get me lieing to you.
See>>28072005
>>
Got the parts for my first AR and a Swiss Bayonet.

Wanted to get some ammo, but all packages get sent to my apartment's front office. Anyone know a good online retailer that keeps packaging low key? I'd rather my apartment manager not see me picking up a box covered in warnings and brand names.
>>
>>28071942
>first AR
>PSA lower w/ magpul ACS-L
good
>PSA 16" 1:7 pencil CHF barrel
Chrome lined? Also I personally prefer 1:9 because I don't usually super heavy ammo or tracers.
>MI G3 MLOK 15" handguard
Oh no! MLOK is clearly inferior. Why buy something practically magpul proprietary? Keymod is easier to machine anyway.
>Magpul K2+ grip w/ oil bottle
Personally I can't stand the part above the thumb web, that piece sucks.
>Aero precision upper
as good as most
>Raptor ambi CH
personal preference
>FailZero BCG
Looks good, donnow.
>MBUS2
you gonna put an optic of some kind on that?
>M4-72
best brake in the test
>lopro & midlength
good
>10 PMAGs, MS4 sling, ASAP, QD, mag couplers
You could do without the mag couplers, I hate them. Just get some 40 round PMAGs and see how those treat you. A redimag might do the trick, but are expensive.
>>
I bought a Browning brand Mossy Oak Bottomland baseball cap from Cabelas, and a fishhook to clip to it.
>>
Sure, why not?

>1500 rounds of FN 5.7x28 from FN for $.33/rd shipped

>Aero Precision COP M4 upper full kit for $500
>Faxon 16" AR barrel for $200
>Raptor Charging Handle for $60
>x2 Troy BUIS (front and back) $80/set
>PWS buffer tube for $140 (didn't go on sale but they posted blems for $90 after my order shipped; fuck those guys)
>PWS H2 Buffer $40
>Noveske 16" midlength Switch Block for $180
>bunch of other asorted AR parts including some surefire muzzle devices

It was a pretty damn expensive Black Friday for me.
>>
>>28072428
>PWS buffer tube
why.jpg
>>
>>28071942
>dropped 1.3 large on an ar
>literally can't do anything that you couldn't do with 50 sawbacks
>somehow managed to not even get one gucci part with all that money
>didn't even get an optic
As long as you can pay your bills and maintain a proportionate level of charitable giving and it makes you happy, I guess I really can't complain.
>>
>>28072184
yes chrome
why is mlok inferior
yeah Im going to put a MD-ADS red dot in next few weeks
also going to grab 2 40rd pmags and a surefire g2x light
>>
>>28072485
money is no issue
charity is for people who failed biology
>>
>>28068731
I bought one as a gift for some one. Put up a review if you can.
>>
>>28072485
>maintain a proportionate level of charitable giving

Na, I'd rather spend it all on guns.
>>
>>28072501
>>28072576
truly ebin
>>
>>28072452
Because flutes are sexy.
>>
File: 1404581844917.jpg (95 KB, 558x600) Image search: [Google]
1404581844917.jpg
95 KB, 558x600
>>28068481
I got a 1955 russian SKS cosmo'd up nicely, and a box of 1500 rounds for 495 bucks altogether.
>>
>>28068481
I picked up that $99 Heritage Rough Rider deal at Cabelas and grabbed a few boxes of ammo on the way out. Pretty uneventful.
>>
>>28070787
>faggoty little hand
you sure you can handle the recoil?
>>
I just got in 17 Magpul magazines between AK and AR varieties from primary arms. Been buying them up whenever I can. I prob have 40 or so. I plan on trading them or selling them for the mags I don't know I want yet for guns I haven't bought when ever the shit gets costly. Sadly buying cool rifles and ammo is going to be a lot harder.
>>
File: mags.jpg (327 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
mags.jpg
327 KB, 1032x774
>>28068536
well I'm ready
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.