[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the cheapest method to beat OC and CS/CN gas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: set1-14W_D.jpg (8 KB, 310x207) Image search: [Google]
set1-14W_D.jpg
8 KB, 310x207
What's the cheapest method to beat OC and CS/CN gas?
>>
>>28068187
Not being around it in the first place.
>>
>>28068236
Nice one. Besides that, obviously.
Would a half mask + goggles work?
>>
>>28068187
A respirator that takes commercial filters designed for airborne particles and a set of science safety goggles.
>>
>>28068187
Try not being a pussy? Its just mace/tear gas
>>
File: 1435583964997.jpg (279 KB, 700x950) Image search: [Google]
1435583964997.jpg
279 KB, 700x950
Here, nice infographic about this
>>
Buddy and I during patrol week tried this out to fight against CS grenades. Basically get your beanie cover and dampen it. Then cover one side with dirt/mud. Next dampen one side of your shemaugh and place the damp side inside next to the beanie. Lastly place dry part of the shemaugh around your face with the beanie coving the outside like a gas mask.

It ended up working for my buddy and I while the instructors kept tossing CS grenades in our foxholes all night. I still hear the cries of other man that night with no make shift mask though.
>>
>>28068187
The shit burns any skin it contacts, your eyes and nasal passages are just thinner and more sensitive. If you had a fully sealed face mask and I coated your scalp then you're going to have an irritated scalp for the next 24 hours. No matter how well you wash it off it can still flare back up for a full day afterwards.
With that in mind, a simple painters mask won't work. Cheap home depot respirators won't work either. The filters used are rated to stop particles down to a certain size, and the compounds in OC spray are small enough to work their way through these commercial filters.
A more expensive mask and face shield used in small media sand blasting is your best bet for a "cheap" solution that actually works. Also remember that your filters are basically worthless unless you have a good seal on your face.

Milk does not counteract OC spray.
Ant acid products do not counteract OC spray.
The only treatment is copious amounts of cold water and time.

>>28068352
>heres a nice disinfo graphic for liberal retards
It never stops being funny.
>>
A good pair of swimming goggles and a cheap work respirator rated against gases and other chemical of the sort.
>>
>>28068352
I feel like this would fail horribly.
>>
>>28068252
Yes.

People spend too much time railing over milsurp full face mask or those awesome, albeit incredibly expensive 3m plastic bubble face shields. Buy a 3m tekk respirator, ORGANIC VAPOR CARTRIDGES, and some eyepro that creates a seal around your eyes. Congratulations, your kit is as good as any milsurp mask at half the price and 4x the comfort. Only time you'd want a full face is if you're wearing a fuckin bioweapon mopsuit
>>
Thanks for the input guys
>>
>>28068619
This anon knows what's up. Be aware that the organic vapor carts start to go bad once they've been opened. Please consider the MULTI GAS cartridges depending on what you're preparing for.

I like my 6000 series full face but you're not getting any kind of cheek weld while wearing it.
>>
>>28068187
You can build your tolerance to OC in the same way you can with spicy food, but who in the hell actually wants to be sprayed that much?? Not me.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.