[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Most effective flash suppressor for 7.62x39mm?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Ruger_AR-556_014.jpg (152 KB, 1317x1000) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_AR-556_014.jpg
152 KB, 1317x1000
I've seen various web pages that had tests of flash suppressors for 5.56mm rifles, but are there tests out there or anything else to show whether any of the flash suppressors out there for 7.62x39mm rifles is better or worse than any other?

I'm considering an AK in 7.62x39mm as a general purpose self-defense/home-defense firearm, and possibly for other defensive applications. I know that 7.62x39mm rifles without muzzle devices make truly enormous and bright fireballs, especially with the inexpensive Russian steelcase ammo that most people who rely on this caliber tend to stockpile. So I'm looking to reduce the muzzle signature. I'm looking for three criteria:

1, absolute muzzle flash reduction
2, minimum overall length and bulk
3, if possible I prefer a closed-end design over pronged designs

In return, here's a close-up of the flash suppressor Ruger is currently putting on several of their rifles.

What does /k/ suggest? Thanks.
>>
a supressor
>>
Witt Machine
>>
You're not going to need an AK let alone 7.62 for home defense you cherry fuck.
>>
>>28067656
Shouldn't you be in bed, kid? Grownups are talking.
>>
>>28067783
Let me know once you deploy to Afganistan, fuckin' neckbeard.
>>
>>28067858
It's a school night. Does your mommy know you're up this late?
>>
>>28067867
nice b8 m8. Are you that bad of a shot to where you'd need 7.62 to clear your trailer home from a threat that'll never appear?
>>
>>28067892
>"need"

Fuck you for presuming to tell me what I do or don't "need." Are you Sarah Brady?

>"you don't need uh salt rifle!"
>"you don't need handguns!"
>"you don't need..."

Fuck. You. You are cancer. Kill yourself. Kill yourself now.
>>
>>28067858
Abloo bloo bloo. Why don't you grab a beer and start beating your gf faggot.
>>
>>28067442
Krinkov style brakes work pretty well
>>
>>28067442
Manticore Nightbrake would be my suggestion.
Coupled with GT, should be damn near zero flash.
>>
File: innacrops.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
innacrops.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>28067442
Just take any old flash hider and tie a multitude of taffeta streamers to it so that when you fire on full auto your enemy will be too mesmerized by your display of being a whacky-waving-inflatable-NFA-flouting-tube-slav to detect your position.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.