[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally completed my Perfect SIG 556xi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: SIG556XI.jpg (4 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
SIG556XI.jpg
4 MB, 2988x5312
-SIG 556XI 5.56 NATO
-Aimpoint T2 with Larue Low QD mount
-CZ EVO / BREN Iron Sights
-Lower 1/3 co-witness
-TLR-1 HL Light
-Homemade a forward sling and light mount (soon to be anodized)
-Irons clear light, so no obstruction
-Magpul MS3 2-1 Point Sling
-Paintjob to match South LA marshlands
-100% reliability (excluding magazine old problems) over the last 2300 rounds
-Excuse the tapco mag, that is my vice mag.

Besides the obvious lack of replacement parts availability in a SHTF scenario, I think this rifle is perfect. What do yall think of this setup?

Coming soon:
-Magnified optic on QD mount to be used with cheek riser for longer range varmint hunting.
-Supressor
>>
The light mount is legit. Nice work!
Are the rails MOE or proprietary?
>>
File: t2.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
t2.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>28065118
*vise
bonus T2 pic
>>
File: light moutn dimentions.jpg (161 KB, 1052x828) Image search: [Google]
light moutn dimentions.jpg
161 KB, 1052x828
>>28065147
MOE rails.
Here is the specs i made in solidworks to fab it up.
>>
I dont really care for the paint scheme.
>>
>>28065226
Pretty neat tho i would get a Surefire light instead of a TLR
>>
File: nutria.jpg (489 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
nutria.jpg
489 KB, 640x640
>>28066056
I tried with a sea sponge to mimic an ATACS FG pattern, but it didn't come out so close.
>>
>>28066236
I tried to match the surrounding marshlands and woods in my area.
>>
>>28065118
the paint actually looks cool for once
>>
>>28065118
So you went ahead and put the flashlight in a place that makes irons useless?
>>
>>28066261
>Irons clear light, so no obstruction

the light is flush with the base of the sight post

Nope, the irons clear the light. The whole reason i made the mount was so it would clear those .605" above rail CZ irons.
>>
File: d8pvaUC.jpg (181 KB, 1154x2048) Image search: [Google]
d8pvaUC.jpg
181 KB, 1154x2048
>>28066254
This is how I painted it (with rustoleum and sea sponge). If you are interested. http://i.imgur.com/d8pvaUC.jpg
>>
How is the SIG 556?

I've been wanting one.
>>
>>28066512
Gun is good and reliable. It shoots smooth, and has great ergos. Adding lights irons and optics is difficult unless you do it like I did. If you use the cheek riser, then you can mount everything like an AR
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.