[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Height and ability to join army.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 245x245
I'm 5'6" and skinny

Will this have a significant impact on me being able to join to the Australia Defence Force

Looking to become an engineer (starting engo degree next year) that does go out in to combat.
>>
Taller than me, mate
>>
The Talibans are going to own your ass in the dunk contest bro.
>>
Bumpy bump
>>
Fkkbh
>>
>>28064754
army seems to like smaller guys who are good at body weight exercises.
>>
>>28064754
Im 5.5 ft and built like a water buffalo.am i good to go?
>>
>>28064754
nigga 5'6 isn't going to hold you back if you don't let it

Remember Vietnam was full of little shits and they made for tough as nails fighters
>>
>>28064754
Call up and ask.
I've been considering joining at least the reserves just to have something more to do.
>>
>>28064754
>5'6

WHEN
WILL
THEY
LEARN
>>
File: 1423476707318.jpg (193 KB, 1024x763) Image search: [Google]
1423476707318.jpg
193 KB, 1024x763
Is this you OP?
>>
Current serving ADF member here. You're fine, only problem you'll have is keeping up with the tall cunts during stomps, but we normally put manlets up the front anyway.
>>
>>28068802
cool thankyou

im thinking of being a combat engineer as it doesn't look like other engineers go out on operations and I would much prefer to be in combat

would past mild psychological issues (anxiety/depression) affect my chances of getting in, and if so, could i simply just lie about it or do they actually go through my medical history.
>>
>>28068868
btw, i dont experience that shit anymore so it's all good
>>
File: butwhy.jpg (10 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
butwhy.jpg
10 KB, 183x275
The army/navy/airforce/nationalguard let in

manlets
niggers
retards
degenerates
muslims
faggots
women

but I will never be able to join because every once in a while my tum tum gets upset (ulcerative colitis)
>>
>>28068794
Christ, what's up with the dinosaur on the left
>>
should be ok as long as you aren't an abbo
>>
>>28068751
When all tall fags succumb to the great gravity wave of 2018, the short shall be one again
>>
>>28068969
sucks to be you, you racist ableist faggot

hope you die
>>
>>28064754
>australia
>combat
Not since pre-2010 days friend.

Whenever we were doin shit in afghan the only coalition members who didnt have the ROE of
"If something goes wrong call the americans and make them fix it" was the republic of georgia whose ROEs were
"If you see a flicker of movement out of the corner of your eye have your whole squad unload every weapon in its general direction"

Brits never went more than 5k outside the wire without us, the jordanians werent allowed outside the wire cuz they raped too many people, and I have never actually met an australian soldier, though I hear they are part of the coalition I think its now more of an "on paper" kind of deal, or maybe something like with poland where they send a few companies twice over a 5 year period so they can say they are helping.
>>
>>28068868
Yo, as a guy who got blown up directly by the incompetence of a combat engineer
(Guy was sleeping in the back of a sweeper vehicle instead of watching the monitors for the detector) i just gotta say that I dont have a vendetta against the profession, but I make it a point to remind everyone I meet who wants to be one that the lives of many people directly rest on your actions.

Luckily the armor plating on our vic held and I just lost hearing (and possibly a few IQ points cuz it was my 5th TBI in a 6 month period)
Ive seen combat engineers who couldnt sweep a lane with ground penetrating radar gear as well as I can with a 10 foot stick and a KBAR, and they caused needless casualties, and I have met combat engineers who could glance at a field and say "40 pound HME charge with a pressure plate over there" and it would be something we couldnt even find until EOD dug it up where he said it would be.

Those guys prevented a lot of needless casualties.
Be the latter cuz I used to turtlefuck the shit outta incompetent engineers who got attached to us.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.