[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Russians Are Coming: Estonia's National Militia
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
Since Russia’s involvement in the Ukraine conflict in 2014, nearby Baltic states have been on high alert. Estonia, the smallest country in the region, signed a military equipment deal worth 138 million euros ($147 million) last December — the largest procurement in its history.

The country also has a growing militia, known as the Estonian Defense League, made up of 15,000 volunteers. They take part in war scenario exercises, with many of the members keeping firearms of their own at home. Should Estonia's sovereignty be threatened, the militia will be called upon to defend it at all costs.

The organization's membership has risen by 10 percent since Russia annexed Crimea in 2014, partly based on national Estonian fears that Russia will attempt to breach its eastern border. NATO has increased its fighter jets and ground troops in the country, as a show of what they say is support to its ally, yet Russia has claimed this is "provocative" and held its own military exercises near the border.

VICE News follows 800 members of the Estonian Defense League on a combat training exercise to find out how they are preparing for a possible confrontation. We also meet with US NATO air support and speak to ethnic Russians in the Estonian border city of Narva.

youtube.com/watch?v=nhQS48vUye0
>>
File: rk62 inna snow woods.jpg (596 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
rk62 inna snow woods.jpg
596 KB, 1632x918
>>28064049
Fucking love you, Esto-bros! You're the only people really understanding what's really going on at the eastern border, and acting accordingly.

greetings from the other side of the gulf. Would volunteer if SHTF, assuming our borders wouldn't get raped simultaneously.
>>
>>28064049
You better do what you did in ww 2. Stink your head in the NATO butts and keep looking from there.
*ukrainian_kun*
>>
>>28064278
>You're the only people really understanding what's really going on at the eastern border, and acting accordingly.

Lithuania, Latvia and Poland all made similar defence increases
>>
>>28064049
I've got to say, their soldiership is very poor.

But that's what I'd expect from a country that didn't see combat in half a century.

I would recommend them into get as many international exercises as they possibly can, and especially try to unitize the US forces stationed in Europe.

Not that I believe anyone of note will read this... but it made me cringe in a bad way. I just hope they won't see combat.
>>
Russian paid trolls in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>>28065541
The Estonian military has a god tier SIGINT and cyber warfare doctrine, but little in the way of conventional forces
>>
It would probably have been wiser to just give that 147 mil to Russia to leave them alone
>>
>>28064049
I'm not a rusaboo, but I think you should be worried about a different type of invaders. I've heard EU wants to bring a shit load of niggers and mudslimes to Estonia.
>>
File: 1360529848919.jpg (554 KB, 1795x1205) Image search: [Google]
1360529848919.jpg
554 KB, 1795x1205
Estonia is awesome.
>>
>>28065721
Once you pay the danegeld, it's hard to get rid of the Dane.
>>
File: 76rh.jpg (24 KB, 250x262) Image search: [Google]
76rh.jpg
24 KB, 250x262
>>28064049
>VICE
>>
>>28065541
You do know that what was show was not the army but a militia of ordinary people?
>>
>>28065770
Rudyard Kipling
Wasn't expecting such well read people on / k/
>>
>>28065541
What makes you say that?
>>
>>28065541
>I would recommend them into get as many international exercises as they possibly can

they literally do this
>>
>>28064049
>Type 56 (possible semi automatic lookalike?)
>in Estonia
>>
>>28065897
Estonia used Type 56 Aks are their standard issue rifle before they switched to Galils.
>>
>>28065820
Where have I claimed it's the military.
Still, it's likely that some of them went through the military in their younger days (Does Estonia have conscription?)
And I am sure that some of the commanders came straight from the army.
So it does reflect on the army.

>>28065851
Well, first thing that jumped to my eyes is the APC they were shooting from at the start.
The park it on top of a little hill, which is the worst possible location because it's both exposed for AT fire and provides nice contrast against the skies for the people below.
Even worse, it's parked on the road, which means that it's camo is useless against the road, great contrast for aircrafts to find a target, just follow the road, it just jumps out at you.

The there is the way the guys are shooting, not all of them but many don't take the time to aid their shots. or shoot standing up at far away targets, in flat terrain...
And what the hell the guy standing/crouching on the APC and shooting from his service refile is thinking?

I didn't watch the whole thing yet, though I will. I am sure there will be more.

>>28065879
That's good.
>>
>>28064049
>Estonia
They have a huge russian population. They'll side with Russia.
>>
>>28066661
>So it does reflect on the army.
That's a very weak link you've drawn.
>>
File: 1448910206283.jpg (81 KB, 374x354) Image search: [Google]
1448910206283.jpg
81 KB, 374x354
thanks for the kek, OP.

esto-keks think they can resist russian invasion...

estonians would get rolled and it would be a walk in the park.

hilarious for all these shit tier nations to think they can stand against russia...
>>
>>28067088
You want to tell me that the officers of the militias do not draw their personal from the army too?
It's obviously not just a bunch of grown men role playing, they are receiving directions and instruction from the army, and I am sure that many officers there come from the army.

Otherwise it's inconceivable that the army dumped APCs on them and told them to go play.

It's impossible for the militia not to be trained by the army, more so the APC crews who are probably retired soldiers.

look, I'm not trying to be mean, if you are Estonian, then take it as constructive criticism, and if you know anyone who is part of the militia then you can take action.
Things I've pointed out and many other small things that are instantly obvious and could be helped with a simple week long co-training with some experienced unit are stuff that one can improve easily.

It looks like they are not thinking like soldiers should, which can be excused for the ordinary soldiers, but not for the officers.
>>
>>28067644
If Russia looked at the baltics the wrong way, NATO would be having a word with you.

Russia has muscle, but it's not powerful enough to take on an international alliance for the sake of some Estonian clay.
>>
>russia doesnt invade (and i dont mean separatists) and annex the industrial powerhouse that is eastern Ukraine which is 99,99% russian speakers
>russia wants to invade the shithole is estonia
k
>>
>>28068125
You're literally of by almost 50%
>>
Fuck all this panic, it's people not even grasping the reason from Russian involvement in Ukraine. Thinking their just about to blitz across all of eastern Europe, the Baltic's are already in NATO, invading isn't going to prevent them from being in it if they all ready are.
>>
all I see is soft "men" and women. If Putin wanted he could send in battle hardened "separatists" and the Estonians would shit their pants and surrender.
>>
>>28069260
>sending russians to try and blend in with estonians
>>
>>28064049

Why the hell are they using Chinese AKs?

I know that even the Syrian Arab Army gives those only to the Conscripts who guard unimportant places and facilities, because they think they are shit.
>>
That qt at 17:40

Hnnng
>>
File: 1308766_-_main.jpg (104 KB, 752x423) Image search: [Google]
1308766_-_main.jpg
104 KB, 752x423
44 CV-90 for Estonia.

http://www.defenseindustrydaily.com/estonia-acquires-cv90-ifvs-from-netherlands-in-biggest-acquisition-ever-029019/
>>
File: 1441640490781.jpg (630 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1441640490781.jpg
630 KB, 1920x1280
>>28072357
Lucky bastards. Our piece of shit MOD is still choosing what IFVs to buy. I swear to God if they choose the 30mm Boxer over a tracked vehicle....
>>
File: f.gif (869 KB, 400x265) Image search: [Google]
f.gif
869 KB, 400x265
>>28066172
Right now the standard issue rifle is the AK4, some Defense League units have gone over to the AG-3F2 and some units are on the Galil, usually the ones who would be tasked with city fighting in Tallinn.
Type 56's have not been in any active use for a long ass time.
>>28067943
A lot of what you are saying is spot on, that is why the Scouts Battalion is actively trying to beat these shitty habits out of the Defense League and there are more international training op's taking place.
A lot of the Defense League officers are very old guard and as such stuck in the past, but there are younger officers moving through the ranks with combat experience with our allies in Iraq, Afghanistan and some shitholes in africa.
I say this as a defense league member, there is a shitton of improvements to make and I am glad I'm in a recon unit.
>>
Estonian here

I will being let you boys in on a secret: we're actually going to invade Russia ourselves. With Nato support we halt and crush this Russian menace.
>>
>>28073256
We will push our borders to the Great Wall of China.
If you are going to spill the spaghetti, go all the way, türaürask.
>>
File: crime.png (2 MB, 1284x722) Image search: [Google]
crime.png
2 MB, 1284x722
>Crimea
when did Vicenews fallen this low
the report make by Simon was pretty good
even though he is jew
>>
>>28064049
that grandma @ 19.09
>>
Bump for Beesti
>>
>>28072430
I think if there will be a conflict it will most likely take place in an urban inviroment, so I like the boxer for our military
>>
Who cares about Estonia. Why would Russia invade it now?
>inb4 Russia is evil
Estonia is only doing it to suck more money from EU and be somewhat relevant. You retards should try to think more about your country than about Russia.
Hapкoмaны.
>>
Saw these guys in basic of sorts at our barracks. We got shit for dinner so we nonchalantly bummed their grub. I now consider you my battle brethren, heroes of Kaitseliit. Sucked stealing the exact same cold milk and sausages, but at least we left you with our warm thoughts and cold fucking "tea".

t. Finnish Gona Fighter
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.