[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
35M Army MOS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (331 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
331 KB, 1024x682
i just enlisted, was wondering if anyone had worked directly with HUMINTS and could give me a little more information as to what they do. i've obviously researched on my own and have a little more than basic understanding as to what the duties are.
>>
Also, how bad are the winters at Fort Sill?
>>
>>28063324
God I hope your recruiter didn't lie to you.
You will sit in a TOC reading debriefs and countless documents, look through hundreds of pictures and decide what is useful and what is trash.
You might get to actually talk with people on occasion to get some intel yourself, but it is seldom.
Then you will tell a shitload of officers what you think of the intel you looked at. Have fun.
>>
What enticed me the most was the TSSC and learning a second language. I figured that it would have is drawbacks. lol
>>
>>28063355
This

I'm 11B and I became good friends with a 35M and they just sit in a fuckin TOC and listen to officers.
You will never leave the wire
>>
>>28063324
Put up with that shit and transfer to Psy Ops first chance you get.
>>
>>28063868
Same here, but I heard thats more an all-sources int thing. The 35M I know worked mostly outside the wire, running about in civvies.

I figure its the luck of the draw based on your deployment.
>>
>>28063354
Icey!!!
>>
>>28063915
Go psy ops and then you can pretend to be SF too. Its awesome!!
>>
enjoy wainwright
>>
>>28063354
not bad. I've lived in OK since 93, at Sill on and off since 08. winter isnt too bad, we get snow once or twice a year and shit gets crazy but other than that it's the march tornado season you should actually worry about. buy you a weather radio.
>>
Your capability as a 35M is dependent on the schools that you get to do, unless you bust your ass on pt and convince your unit they won't really send you if they don't need to. It also depends on what unit you get attached to and what the commanders agree to let you do. It's all politics once you pass your MOS school. And unless you're the lead in that Intel team you don't really pick through the reports, that's an analyst job. But basically it all comes down to what your commanding unit thinks you're capable of doing. My buddy was always outside the wire with the infantry because of politics, someone sends a request up it either gets approved or denied.
>>
35M here, I'm at Ft Shafter, if anything try to go to DLI, and drop an airborne packet, it's your best chance to do cool shit.
I've got a lot of friends who are SOD-A for either 1st or 3rd group.
If you have questions about DLI, I can answer all of them, I worked OPS there for about a year and I was a student for 6 months.
>>
>>28067648
Me again, or drop a packet to go to 75th STB. That's a awesome fucking gig, INSCOM sucks, FORSCOM can suck, but the SF community is a different fucking world for 35 Mikes.
>>
>>28063324
Eyo nigga I'm in HUMINT, shoot and I'll answer what I can.
>>
>>28067742
Me
>>28067677
>>28067648
Yeah, what this dude said pretty much.
Or get fucking lucky and get a plainclothes job in Germany. I got a friend right now who goes to work in a suit and tie every day over there. Its crazy after Paris too.
Just don't get over 110 on your DLAB, those languages tend to go to shitty units. You want Russian, German, or French.
>>
>>28067771
Im taking the DLAB in the morning. It seems like a pretty solid MOS. Only other thing that peaked my interest was 24T. What language did you learn? All that is in my contract is BT at Sill and AIT at Huachuca. Where would I do linguistics school at?
>>
>>28068101
French, then airborne, then off to Carson. You can get airborne pretty easy at Huachuca or at DLI, just make sure you're in halfway decent shape since you'll need all 70's. You'll do language at DLI. Its dope as fuck.
>>
>>28067648
Who are your SOT-A friends?
>>
>>28068135
Sweet. So when will I know what language i'll learn? Is that something im finding out tomorrow or will that be further down the road?
>>
>>28067336
Every person I have talked to that has been to Sill has wanted to suicide themselves while there.

Granted that is the description for about 80% of active duty stations
>>
>>28063968
>but I heard thats more an all-sources int thing

The enlisted that are putting together finished intel products and giving briefings are all source.

And being a good all source analyst is about predictive analysis.
>>
>>28068203
You get it in AIT.
Its more or less random, but you will get one barring any ridiculous circumstances.
You'll also get to enjoy being the only group of people at DLI besides the Green Berets and three letters with any social skills.
>>
>>28063354
If your not from Minnesota, they are the 9th circle of hell.

I still think that state got a bad Injun curse
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.