[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey K I am really finding University pointless. I am a bit weakly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: royal marine wso w RAF.jpg (210 KB, 1600x1031) Image search: [Google]
royal marine wso w RAF.jpg
210 KB, 1600x1031
Hey K
I am really finding University pointless. I am a bit weakly spoken round my parents but I did say before basically being forced to go is "I want to join the Royal Marines". I am very fit and regularly do the BFT for entering and would really ramp up my fitness coming up to the PRMC and application. I have the entire application filled out and ready to go. Should I give up uni and go for the RM's? Really am conflicated. Everything inside me wants to become one and honestly I feel my life is in limbo.
>>
If you KNOW that's what you want to do then go for it. You can't have any doubt. You need to also expect that it is going to be very hard. Going in thinking that you are very fit and can pass it with ease is what's going to drop you. Should you decide to do this OP, good luck.
>>
File: 1448039085243.gif (2 MB, 250x240) Image search: [Google]
1448039085243.gif
2 MB, 250x240
Hey man

What year are you in of Uni?

Personally I'd finish Uni, if you go to any bootneck recruiter and tell them you're thinking of dropping out of Uni to join the RM the first thing I guarantee they'll say is "so you don't finish what you start?"

Now that's not me calling you a quitter and you have your own reasons for doing things but I just know what it will look like to one of those lads.

Also get a degree behind you, waiting list for the marines will probably be quite long anyway so you might as well get that qualification whilst getting yourself ready to join. At least then if you wash out you'll have a backup.

Also with a degree you might have more options for officer selection.
>>
>>28061657
I do not think it will be easy. I just want it more. Not trying to sound like a douche. It's a massive gamble either way.
>>28061669
1st year. This is why I am conflicted. I know they'd ask something like that. Idk what to do. I feel bored here and it's not what I want in life but a degree is useful
>>
>>28061612
If that's what you want you should do it. I dropped out of college at 19 and went into the Army. I think I made the right decision! Now I get to go to college anyway and for free this time.
>>
>>28061691
What's the degree?

Honestly, do what you want but I'm an ex matelot and worked with Royals a lot. Got some good friends in there. You might even be able to get some funding through them to finish your degree?

That's just my opinion though. Enjoy your time at Uni for a few more years, get yourself a good qualification to fall back on whilst nurturing other talents that will be useful to marine life like survival, adventure sports and shooting.
>>
>>28061738
My degree is Bioarchaeology. If that isn't BS I don't know what is. It is interesting but also boring and feels so pointless at the same time
>>
I once wrote a book and maybe that's also something I'd like as a "qualification" seen as it would also fulfill me a bit. My uni does an online creative writing course that I could pursue while down at CTCRM?
>>
File: knife.jpg (10 KB, 200x480) Image search: [Google]
knife.jpg
10 KB, 200x480
>>28061612
as former usmc who was lucky enough to have served alongside the 40 Commando in combat, you may not like it as much when you are in but you will eternally regret it if you dont at least try. You couldnt ask for a better bunch of guys to be with and university will always be there when you get out, the Royal Marines wont.
>>
File: 1433360630106.jpg (436 KB, 2299x1500) Image search: [Google]
1433360630106.jpg
436 KB, 2299x1500
>>28061612
DO IT OP!
I'm kinda in the same situation, just different country. I've always hated school, and went to university just because everyone was going and because of my parents. I've wasted over 2 years now and I'm completely sick of this shit. I don't know, maybe I'm too dumb for this, maybe I'm too lazy, but even if I finished the university and found well-paid job, that's not what I want to do. What am I going to tell my grandchildren when I'll be 70 years old? That I spent my whole life in the office and made shitton of money? That's not what I want in life. When I'm going to be old I want to tell stories about completely different world, how I fought for my country, how I fought for freedom, how I fought the evil, how I saved peoples lives and all the cool shit I did in military.
I'm going to enlist in the following days and if my parents aren't going to accept it, then fuck them, I'm going to move out.

>inb4 you're just a kid, that has never lived without your parents support
Go fuck yourself, I'm not the kind of person that would like to go back in time to elementary school and don't give a flying fuck about anything. With great freedom comes great responsibility, and I know that. When you are little, no one takes you seriously and you can't do most of the things. Now I drive cars, I own guns, I can buy alcohol, I can do whatever the fuck I want. And I love it.

>inb4 But Anon, it's dangerous, you can die on battlefield.
If I'm going to die, that's the way I wanna die. I want to die fighting, I want to die for my country. I want to die with my boots on.
>>
>>28062903
>you will eternally regret it if you dont at least try
Also this.
>>
>>28061612
Apply to be a RM Officer - get Gubmint bursary for the years, and join the RM Reserve in the meantime?

You can go to college during the week and train on weekends.
>>
File: royalmarines-1.jpg (198 KB, 920x1361) Image search: [Google]
royalmarines-1.jpg
198 KB, 920x1361
>>28061612

I'd advise either:
1)
>Stay at uni
>Join RMR
>Finish degree
>Do an FTRS with the RMR
>Join Royal as a regular Officer

2)
>Leave uni
>Join Royal as an OR
>Continue your studies part-time through the Open Uni or suchlike
>Have some hoofing runs ashore
>Graduate
>Have more hoofing runs ashore
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.