[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An American aircraft carrier defects to Russia. What happens next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6
File: USS_Nimitz_(CVN-68).jpg (732 KB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
USS_Nimitz_(CVN-68).jpg
732 KB, 4288x2848
An American aircraft carrier defects to Russia. What happens next?
>>
>>28061593
OP comes out as straight to his parents.
>>
They build a ski-jump
>>
SEALs sink it
>>
>>28061593
Turkey spontaneously sinks the carrier and shoots down all of the SU-24s.
>>
>>28061637
Da!!!
>>
>>28061593
Since we're now living in a world where inanimate objects are able to do things on their own: Guns start killing people.
>>
File: 1448213973876.png (45 KB, 231x277) Image search: [Google]
1448213973876.png
45 KB, 231x277
>>28061593
>IF FLOOBY DOOO SHIPPPY DO DO DO, THEN WOO BOO THE SHELM

Yes OP
>>
>>28061658

No, I mean everybody on board mutually agrees to defect.
>>
All the comsec gets changed.

Seals or cia sneak on and make the reactor meltdown.

The airwing sinks it and flies to safety.
>>
Thousands of naval personnel storm the bridge and kill/capture the traitors.

> Implying a carrier can defect without a democratic political commissar onboard
>>
>>28061724

>The airwing sinks it and flies to safety.

How would they get past all the Hornets? Not to mention point defense systems.
>>
>>28061718
You don't understand how many people are on a carrier do you?
>>
Since we are living in la la land

I enjoy a peaceful breakfast with my loving wife, and am genuinely happy.
>>
>>28061718
Well, first they sail to a deep part of the ocean. On the way, there is a series of unexplained reactor issues. When they arrive, they're signalled by a Russian carrier that happens to be close by; they evacuate the carrier and it "sinks", only to slip away undetected in company with two Russian carriers later while the Russians scuttle another obsolete carrier in its place to confuse the americans. An aircraft is jettisoned at the sight to help sell the story.

Unfortunately, close to Murmansk, the carrier is accidentally detected by another US carrier heading home from the search and rescue - a small battle breaks out, being resolved by the defecting carrier ramming the loyal one, which sinks to its death.

The Russians put it in a covered dry dock, and pull it to bits, until a few years later they scuttle the hulk and the captain gets to visit an FSB friend that helped with the defection.

Oh, also, I'd have liked to have seen Montana.
>>
>>28061593
Russians would turn them away to avoid WW3 because despite what people may think Russians aren't completely suicidal and don't want to see their country leveled (again).
>>
>>28061593
>>28061718
>EVERYBODY ON BOARD MUTUALLY AGREES TO DEFECT

The US surrenders due to use of Soviet mind control rays.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>28061746
Keep plugging along. It improves. In my case, years 7 through 16 were pretty brutal. Things have improved steadily since then. Just a hair over a quarter century, now.
>>
The other 10 sink it and most of the Russian surface fleet.

Seriously though, the first thing would be to reestablish comsec. Cut the rogue carrier off from the net as soon as possible. After that, I'm actually not entirely sure. I don't think we'd be justified in attacking Russia in order to retrieve it, but if the entire crew defects, that's treason, isn't it? A capital offence?

Of course, that doesn't mean we can just scuttle the ship with a missile barrage. They'd still need to be tried if possible. And it's not like sinking an extremely expensive piece of hardware is a favorable first option.

I imagine that, if Russia were to accept the carrier and hold onto it, it would cause international outrage. Widespread economic sanctions would have a dramatic effect on such a shit tier economy. And I doubt Russia seriously believes they would come out on top in a war with NATO, or even the US alone, IF it came down to war, which it probably wouldn't. And more to the point, is one carrier, even one of the largest and most advanced, worth economic hardships or open war?

Most likely, the carrier's return would be negotiated, the crew would be investigated and probably put on trial for treason, and everybody has yet another reason to hate Russia. Of course, Russian intelligence will probably take the opportunity to examine the ship thoroughly while all of this is going on.
>>
>>28061593
The US asks the Russians nicely to turn over the traitorous crew and ship. The Russians comply because they don't want a major issue over something that they had no control over. The carrier is retrieved, people are tried and jailed, and the military spends the next 10 years writing about ways to prevent it from happening again.
>>
>>28061593
a flight of pigs lands on it
>>
>>28062543
Were they sent by Ayy Lmaos?
>>
>>28061734
B-2s with JDAMs. The Goalkeepers will run out of ammo before they can shoot 50 bombs per aircraft.
>>
Then Russia returns it.
>>
>>28061593
>ITT: /k/ forgets what hypothetical situations are.
>>
File: Midway.jpg (628 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Midway.jpg
628 KB, 1920x1200
>>28061755
Made me laugh, asshole.
>>
>>28062660
You might as well ask what would happen if it was revealed that the entire country of Belgium was actually the head of a giant robot.

It would be almost as unlikely as a carrier defecting.
>>
>>28061755
>Oh, also, I'd have liked to have seen Montana.

You bastard.
>>
>>28061593
The rest of the Carrier Strike group destroys it.

If 1/4 of the VLS cells on the Ticonderogas, Arleigh Burkes and 1/4 of the Subs load is Tomahawks, there is 127 Tomahawks. Not to mention the subs are also going to be firing torpedoes as soon as someone figures out what is happening.
>>
>>28062660

No, because not even Tom Clancy would try and pull this crap.
>>
>>28062748
Yes, thats why OP is asking a hypothetical question on what the response would be to a US carrier defecting.
Because its hypothetical.
>>
>>28062924
Nah, they wouldn't waste a billion dollar carrier.

They'd send strike teams to commandeer the ship and sail it to the nearest USN port. Upon which the entire crew would be jailed until they can figure out who the fuck was stupid enough to try and steal a carrier.

That's assuming that the four thousand, five hundred other sailors don't assrape the traitors to death.
>>
>>28062955
What do you mean no? Clearly nobody in this thread understands hypotheticals when all of the responses are "THATS NOT GUN HAPPIN"

Deactivate yourself.
>>
>>28062971
There's no point in asking because such a thing is about as close to impossible as you can get.
>>
>>28061593
The Russians immediately return it.
>>
>>28062170
>Russia holds onto the carrier for a couple of months to be sure no one is trying to smuggle drugs into the country..
>>
>>28062170
What actually happens if you sink a nuclear carrier? Would there be any danger of reactor meltdown?
>>
How much cheaper will the follow on carriers be for these new Ford class?
Will all of them be 10 billion+?
>>
>>28061730
and if over %50 defect they're left with a skeleton crew because they're all killed each other a single team from a helicopter retakes the carrier.
>>
>>28061593
They build a used tires barrier on it.
>>
>>28061914
all hair your new leader yuri, he is great, you will all agree do to your mind being controlled you filthy capitalist pigs.
>>
>>28063184

The Russians used to dump outdated reactors in the middle of the ocean to get rid of them. They're currently leaking still so I'd imagine the same.
>>
>>28062649
why would they do that? if America could win against Russia it'd have already invaded it but even if Russia weaker it comes down to the same arguments about Russia invading America, neither could invade the other. also nukes.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28061755
Kek

Montana is worth seeing too friend
>>
>>28062972
>They'd send strike teams to commandeer the ship

They would have to send strike companies because there are thousands of people on that ship who apparently all want to defect.
>>
File: PLANS_Liaoning_(CV-16).jpg (124 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
PLANS_Liaoning_(CV-16).jpg
124 KB, 800x534
>>28061593
Either the reactor suffers a meltdown or it rusts away and sinks at the docks.
Then again China might buy it to make an "amusement center".
The crew is disappears to siberia and the us builds a new one for an eighth of the F-35 price.
Meanwhile the army shrinks to post-revolutionary war levels.
>>
>>28061593
more interesting question is, how the hell contingency of /pol/ (who are living in their moms basements and fighting good fight against feminist, jews and christians) manages to fill most of the crew in single usa ship that just happens to be a super carrier ?
>>
>>28061755
Would they let drive there, without papers?
>>
>>28061593
The rest of the carrier group takes it out when it defects.
>>
>>28062955
Ace Combat pulled it off.
>>
>>28061593
Mad BANTZ on the innanet
>>
File: initiate.png (3 KB, 60x48) Image search: [Google]
initiate.png
3 KB, 60x48
>>28064125
>I give my life for Yuri!
>>
>>28061658
But guns don't kill people,people kill people
>>
>>28062955
Well Clancy can't try it now can he
>>
>>28061593
The pentagon remote detonate the backpack nuke thats in a sealed section in the middle of the ship.
>>
>>28061593

>After 3 months at port the entire thing is covered in Rust,
>Russia sells the carrier to China
>China manages to repair the ship
>They spend several weeks taking detailed measurements of the entire vessel,
>After 3 years they manage to make a copy of the carrier.
>It sinks during its first trial at sea.
>They build an artificial island around it and tell the USN to "Prease Reave"
>>
>>28064416
There is a distinct lack of Belkans in our world to pull off Ace Combat shenanigans, anon.
>>
>>28061593
mutiny by 90% of the crew to de-defect
>>
>>28064416
Assault Horizon doesn't count.
>>
>>28065176
No, but we do have Russians.
>>
There is probably nothing about these carriers the Russians don't know already.

It's incompatible with their aircraft so it's useless militarily.

And they probably wouldn't want to spend the money to scrap it. Most likely they would sell it to China for a lot of money.
>>
>>28065293
I said Belkans, not filthy Yuke scum.
>>
>>28065276
It was Ace Combat 5.
The Kestrel's entire carrier group essentially defects because both Yuktobania's and Osea's governments were being puppeteered by Belkans.
>>
>>28064395
I suppose so. In that case, you'll need two wives
>>
>>28063799
Most likely. The bulk of their savings will be on maintenance and the fact that they can theoretically get lasers or defensive railguns when those become technology viable.
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.