[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
C308 Worth a Shit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: PR_centuryarms_c308.jpg (48 KB, 800x403) Image search: [Google]
PR_centuryarms_c308.jpg
48 KB, 800x403
Every time is see it at the lgs... I can feel the wants.
>>
>century arms
take a guess
>>
>>28060770
>>28060763
so just get a PTR then?
>>
The c308 uses a lot of ptr stuff. Might have to take a gamble.
>>
>>28060793
yes
>>
Nobody on /k/ actually owns one, so they'll just tell you to go buy more expensive equipment. Ask literally anyone else.
>>
>>28060809
this
>>
>>28060763

The outside is made by PTR.

The inside (and the sights) are same old CETME surplus.

If this is a range toy, feel free to be a guinea pig and post your finding on /k/.
>>
>>28060809
LOOKS GOOD TO ME

I MEAN, NOT LIKE CENTURY REGULARLY BUTCHERS BUILDS MADE FROM DECENT PARTS, RIGHT?
>>
>>28060763
Most reviews I've read/seen recommend it. Problems are usually due to bad magazines or weak ammo from what I could surmise.

The sights are the original CETME design. So keep that in mind if you are deciding between the PTR and C308.
>>
I own one OP. I wanted a cheap battle rifle and got more than I paid for. It is accurate and very reliable. Take a chance if you want to save a little money. Used ptrs can be found for around the same price though.
>>
File: 2890056634.png (669 KB, 689x918) Image search: [Google]
2890056634.png
669 KB, 689x918
>>28060763
I own one of these.

First time I took it to the range, it fired 80 rounds without a single hitch.

Second time to the range failed to eject every time it fired and I discovered the bolt-gap simply went bad.

I got mine back from repairs (interestingly, they're repaired by PTR) a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't found the time to shoot it yet.

But if you are going to be buying this at all, definitely buy a forearm with an actual heatshield in it since this one does not have a heatshield at all. You can purchase them for ~$10 on RobertRTG. Friend of mine actually slightly burned his hand from how hot the forearm got and we had to set the rifle down and let it cool.

If you don't want to take your chances, just save up for a PTR. If you want to test your luck, go ahead and buy one of these.
>>
>>28060800
>lets take the already spotty PTR and make our odds of getting a good one worse
Ha no.
>>
>>28060763
Get a ptr, why is this even a question

>B-B-B-BUT THIS IS CHEAPPER $200 :-DDD

You're really skimping out on small money like that? You shouldn't even be shooting .308, let alone a semi auto one.
>>
File: 1447111060107.jpg (79 KB, 800x742) Image search: [Google]
1447111060107.jpg
79 KB, 800x742
>>28060763
>too poor to buy a SCAR
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.