[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /k/, it's 2040 and you've passed the selection
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17
File: jwk.jpg (150 KB, 960x956) Image search: [Google]
jwk.jpg
150 KB, 960x956
Alright /k/, it's 2040 and you've passed the selection to go from a tier 1 unit to a tier 0. You've been offered the option to modify your body with 3 unique features that will enhance your operational capabilities. Keep it "realistic".

My picks:
>bionic eye with infrared and gen 3+ nightvision
>all joints remade with titanium for zero risk of injury
>reinforced spine
>>
>>28060739
rocket launchers in my shoulders
mecha looking aesthetic exterior
nipple flashlights
>>
File: 1400880644813.jpg (225 KB, 613x827) Image search: [Google]
1400880644813.jpg
225 KB, 613x827
>>28060739
>Bionic eyes (fuck myopia)
>Carbon-fiber skeletal reinforcement
>medical nanomachines.
>>
>>28060739
>Enhanced lung capacity
>Enhanced hearing capability with no more EEEEEEE
>Sharper vision with better low light visibility
>>
>hydraulic ram powered dick
>high torque, brushless, multi-axis motors replacing hip joints
>increased capacity prostate fitted with integral high pressure pump

FUCK THEM ALL TO DEATH
>>
>>28060829
Tinitus?
>>
>>28060840
Yeah fuck that shit. Feels like there's cotton shoved into my ear canal.
>>
>>28060739
Extra eye
Badass eye patch for that eye
Tactical dick
>>
>>28060847
>laying in bed trying to relax
>can only focus on the eternal EEEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck man, make it stop.
>>
>>28060739
OP wasted a feature on the Gen 3 / Thermal vision in his eye. That tech is already pretty good outside of the human body, no need to integrate it.

My mods
>Amped prosthetic limbs - super strength legs / arms for faster running, 2-3 story jumping, breaching doors on my own
>Vibration Mapper - Installed in palm of hand; place palm on surface, allows you to see through walls for whats inside as long as it's alive. Calibrated to detect heart beats, can send a sonar if necessary to map the immediate area
>Neural Drone Link Up - Mentally control your own CAS, can mark targets via standard designators or take manual control to fire direct. Works with full sized drones deployed from airbase, and portal scout / assault drones that are man portable.

I'm going to assume by 2040 we will also have cloaking technology which I would prefer to leave as an external modification. Not too difficult to simply wear a robe that can be removed / replaced.
>>
BECOME MOTOKO KUSANAGI
>>
Reinforced Spine
Extremely sensitive hearing
Upgraded blood/muscle oxygenation
>>
>>28060834
But anon, how will you lead a normal sex life?
>>
>>28060896
He'd have to replace the brake fluid in his dick.
>>
>>28060858
The more you focus on it, the stronger it gets!
>>
>Reinforced/ehnahnced skeleton
>Enhanced skeletal muscles/tendon tissue
>Boosted/selective time perception

My only regret would be that 60fps video would look like a slide show.
>>
File: Timothy Zahn's COBRA.jpg (129 KB, 294x475) Image search: [Google]
Timothy Zahn's COBRA.jpg
129 KB, 294x475
I know exactly which sci-fi character I want to emulate in this hypothetical

(except the obsolescence issues)
>>
File: odst-soldier.jpg (100 KB, 789x1024) Image search: [Google]
odst-soldier.jpg
100 KB, 789x1024
definitely bionic eyes. The concept of eyes that don't wear down with age is good enough, let alone heightened perception.

Some sort of neuro-computer interface that allows me to communicate with electronics with my mind.

also would replace legs and arms with some robotic shit.
>>
>>28060858
>>28060901
I really feel for the combat vets. They're probably going to need hearing aids when they turn 40. Hope that's covered by tricare along with the don't off yourself counseling.
>>
File: swedish operators.jpg (77 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
swedish operators.jpg
77 KB, 960x638
>>28060933
>Lots and lots of useless plastic shit and useless weight
>No actual ammo

0/10 would not operate with.
>>
>>28060943
in the future magazines just spawn in your hand when you need them.

do you even operate?
>>
>>28060943
>armor that can potentially stop a .50 cal
>armor that can absorb multiple hits of plasma weaponry that can tear through standard armor plating on vehicles
>useless plastic shit and useless weight
>suits are sealed for exposure to space vacuum

get out
>>
>>28060943
Clipazines clearly on his sides my dude.
>>
>>28060847
>>28060858

guise, i know it's reddit but this indeed seems to help. Guy posted a "cure" for tinnitus, or at least a way to dampen it's effects for some time.
https://np.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/3l3uri/these_guys_lighting_a_mortar_shell_in_their_garage/cv3474n

Hope it will help you too.
>>
>>28061176

Drumming my head like a retard for 5 minutes now. Doesn't work for me I guess.
>>
>infinite lifespan through some medical nanobots and cell replacement drugs and whatnot
>space marine armor
>super intelligence
>>
>>28060739
>bionic legs
>reinforced spine
>adrenal glands
>>
>>28061264
actually replace that marine armor with bionic eyes
>>
>>28060739
>Be a genetic chimera via gene therapy, improvised endurance, reaction time, etc
>Nanomachines for faster body regeneration of damaged organs, broken bones and stronger disease resistance (cuz nanomachines son)
>Energy and projectile resistant armor
>>
>>28060739
Joints contain a lot of your spongy bone. Good luck being an anemic super soldier.
>>
File: cheekibreeki1.jpg (23 KB, 318x307) Image search: [Google]
cheekibreeki1.jpg
23 KB, 318x307
> carbon nanotube reinforced skeletton, joints and soft tissues
> 20% increase in mithocondrial yield
> the ability to digest cellulose

Unlimited innawoods
>>
Just make me a t1000 senpai. With a bionic benis
>>
>>28060739
Immortality (Organs made to not fail)
Armor (soft tissue injected with something to make it hard
Skeleton Made of carbon nano tubes, titanium reinforced
>>
My picks
>my vision is augmented
>modified digestive system to digest any organic material
>some sort of sub dermal implant for warmth and protection

Behind enemy lines without any supplies forever.
>>
>>28061300
>abillity to digest cellulose
WOLBACHIA
>>
Enhanced adrenal glands
Improved white blood cell production for healing factor
Denser skeleton.
>>
>>28060739
>tier 1 to tier 0

I hope we assume I've actually been a Tier 1 operator, and not that the govt called me and was all "yo time to become a tier 0 operator now mr tier 1"

I would literally assume it was somebody on /k/ attempting to shitpost me over the phone and hang up.
>>
>>28061257
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yDCox-qKbk

like this?
>>
File: WE WUZ.jpg (61 KB, 387x600) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ.jpg
61 KB, 387x600
>>28060739
>nigger detector
>auto-aim headshot on niggers
>ability to harvest energy from dead niggers and use it to continually recharge my 2040 laser rifle
>>
A ULV and I get the cushy job of controlling it in an air conditioned room in Arizona
>>
>>28060739
>Heavy duty prosthetic limbs
>Reinforced/heavy duty/artificial body, including muscular and skeletal system either being reinforced or being replaced with superior, vat grown systems
>Neural implant that boosts performance of brain and allows better reflexes and co-ordination with any exoskeletons and allow for redundant eyes incase if somehow you fuck up your face, you can just pop on another helmet and have a second set of eyes, though you should have one on in the first place

This is literally what Special Forces will be like in 25 years.

We are making prosthetic limbs that have the potential to be stronger than our regular limbs.

We are 3D printing organs n shit, that have the potential to be stronger than our regular organs if gene therapy is used to alter them.

There already is a neural implant being designed and tested within the military, which when combined with certain other technologies, could implant memories, allow you to see shit though another set of "eyes" and would give you perfect memory recall, this is all shit we have right NOW though.

Fuck everybody who's like they were born in the wrong period, fucking become an engineer, get on the forefront of this shit and become one of the first to get this shit in like 20 years so you can operate like no man has before. It's not like you'll be too young, you can just have your organs replaced and in like 40 years, once we perfect gene therapy, you'll have the ability to alter your DNA to have your body reverse the aging process or at least, significantly slow it which is something we're on the forefront of making a possibility.
>>
>metal faec
>metal benis
>metal asscheeks
>>
>>28060739
>High powered legs exo-skeletons.
>Integrated communications systems in brain that goes across all signals
>Integrated Navigation systems in brain with direct imagery.
>>
File: BlackLivesMatter.jpg (71 KB, 906x580) Image search: [Google]
BlackLivesMatter.jpg
71 KB, 906x580
>>28060739
>Cloaking
Turn invisible. Self-explanatory. Also have a pair of NVGs that have green lights on the lenses and make a terrifying whining noise when you turn them on.

>Powered Exo-Skeleton to increase movement speed and strength
Run fast, punch hard. Why wouldn't you? Makes the first part even better, because when someone turns around in a dark room because of the electrical whining noise, they'll only see a pair of blinding green lights before they're roundhouse kicked in the face so hard that they fucking explode.

>Gun Knuckles
By Gun Knuckles, I mean have a functioning prosthetic hand, but the back of the hand flips open to allow loading of four bullets of varying size. When it's needed, a punch will fire off either one, two, three, or four of the shots, and depending on the caliber loaded, the punch would either instantly kill the target, or knock them the fuck over.
Also, I could be an absolute edgelord and shout some bullshit like ".50 FISTY!" when I punch a 2040 Raghead through the wall of his mudhut and make his head fucking explode.

On top of that, carry a nightstick and go around operating innacity, beating up dindus and chavs.
>>
removable exploding fists

basically I would have the option to remove my standard hand and replace it with a metal fragmentation fist armed with a small explosive charge.

perhaps even a launching option could be added to launch the fist like a missile.
>>
File: EMe80.jpg (710 KB, 4665x3110) Image search: [Google]
EMe80.jpg
710 KB, 4665x3110
>>28060739
>Jensen's knife arms
>Bionic Eyes
>Reinforced Spine
>>
>>28060739
>Right eye replacement, variable zoom and thermal
>Knees reinforced
>CNS modifications, make me more aware and able to push myself further
>>
File: 40445.jpg (136 KB, 293x475) Image search: [Google]
40445.jpg
136 KB, 293x475
>concsciousness reallocated into a cortical stack
Pic very related.
>>
>>28060896
Normal sex life is for pussies anyway.
>>
2 words

penis missile
>>
>>28061831
>reread
>kovacs stacks that one cop just to be spiteful

What a lovable cunt
>>
>>28060739
The bionic eye may not even be that far. It's not nightvision but damn it sounds great: http://www.businessinsider.com/ocumetics-bionic-lens-perfect-vision-at-every-age-2015-5
>>
File: aww yeah.gif (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
aww yeah.gif
3 MB, 1280x720
>>28060739
>bionic eyes
>genetic aug: increased immune response, healing speed and metabolism
>some kind of computer brain implant for maximum quick thinking, sit. awareness and CYBERPUNK
>>
File: 1445925411371.jpg (302 KB, 535x656) Image search: [Google]
1445925411371.jpg
302 KB, 535x656
>>28061176
holy shit, just tried this. i still have a little EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but it's a lot quieter.
>>
>>28060739
Carbide infused skeleton, increased density of muscles, enhanced nervous system(better reaction time)
>>
Absolutely nothing. If you have these abilities, then someone has devised away to take them away via EMP/portable EMP/ or any other means
>>
>>28061908
I should specify that was toward things like nanomachines or bionic eyes. Reinforced joints and bones to a certain extent would be absolutely great
>>
>>28060739
>>28060739

Here's the problem with this hypothetical.

There's no limitation on how "extensive" this shit can be.

For instance, you can't reinforce a fuckin' spine for combat operations. I've heard no discussion on spinal bone replacement that would supercede organic tissues.

I've heard mention of augmented eyesight, I've heard of Carbon Nano-Tubes potentially being utilized for biomedical applications (Unspecified) I've heard of Bio-Steel being used as a potential replacement for connective tissues, and muscle fibre supplementation.

Also Brain/Computer Interfaces helping with cognition, memory retension.
>>
>>28061466
>>28061466

>Watch this, had Tinnitus a couple years back, no problems since then.
>Next video in autoplay is some ASMR shit
>Have ASMR
>All the ASMR shit recently on Youtube creeps me the fuck out
>Get it when I get my hair cut.
>>
>>28060869
>send a sonar

Literally just tap the wall with your finger and let your vibration mapper receive what comes back.
>>
>>28061882

witchcraft. Happy it helped you dude.
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 335x439) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 335x439
>completely prosthetic body with the highest performance thresholds and durability that 2040 technology will allow with reinforced brain case, enhanced vision and hearing.
>a pile driver type mechanism in my wrists using my fist as the pile powered by high calibre blanks for added force in punching

That's all.

Also, if you only reinforce parts or joints of a body, like some are saying, the rest of your body will still take severe damage if you do physical things that a regular body can't do.

>Or Id want to be pic related
>>
>>28060739
>Modified skin that doesn't cut/tear
>Infrared, all eye modifications.
>Increased or accelerated perception so a minute to you feels like ten to me. With reflexes to match.
>>
>>28060911
i like how you think
>>
>>28061979
>if you only reinforce parts or joints of a body, like some are saying, the rest of your body will still take severe damage

this

most people forget that the human body is a package, not a machine you can replace a part and still expect it to work

full body prosthetic or bust
>>
>>28061934
>>28061934

>This fucking thread.
>Be familiar with fucking Cyberpunk 2020 character creation process
>Cyberpunking intensifies.

Fuck you OP.
>>
File: gits-sac_batou005.jpg (16 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
gits-sac_batou005.jpg
16 KB, 640x360
My body is ready
>>
>>28060739
I only need one.

Nanomachines, son.
>>
>>28060739
bump
>>
>>28062005
Let's fuck
>>
>>28060739
Break dance neuroImplant
Nanomachines, son.
Internal suicide vest
>>
>>28061330

A R C H A E A
R
C
H
A
E
A
>>
>>28060739
>Nipples replaced with knives
>Belly button replaced with knife
>Penis replaced with knife

They will call me...the hug of death
>>
>Exo Skeleton/Cyborg suit
(Something like either what Max had in Elysium or Jetstream Sam had, either way, something that will give off the result of something like Sam's)
>Nanomachines, son
>uhhhhhhhhh, Cloaking?????
A High Frequency Blade from the Gov. wouldnt be too bad either
>>
>>28060739
>outfitted with melange production system in cells
>undergo spice agony
>reinforced bones
>>
>http://www.rifters.com/echopraxia/recruiter.htm

Link highly related, tho it's set in 2090. Kinda a post-exoskeleton environment; the previous wave was exoskeletons commanding drones.
>>
>>28061300

>artificial glands that produce essential vitamins
>modified gut bacteria that helps your intestines absorb more calories/minerals

Eat nothing but leaves and bark and still get all of your nutritional needs!
>>
>>28060739
nearly everything everyone is saying they want are basically things that nullify what makes us squishy humans, so im gonna throw all of that titanium limb, exoskeleton shit into one package complete with all the sensory upgrades you want, and then add hyper endurance and a metamateriel sphinter
>>
>>28060739
gopro so that i can share videos to my normie friends on social media :)
>>
>>28061934
>For instance, you can't reinforce a fuckin' spine for combat operations. I've heard no discussion on spinal bone replacement that would supercede organic tissues.

In theory you would not have to replace the spine. You could surgically build a carbon-fiber or titanium mesh around the natural spine and then somehow connect that mesh to the bones/muscles that would otherwise be putting load/stress on the spine. The nerves inside the natural spine could be left alone to continue doing their thing.
>>
>>28060739
>bigger dick
>graphene skin
>even bigger dick

I'm talking mag light, minimum.
>>
>all joints remade with titanium for zero risk of injury
Underrated augment. Joints are some of the most fragile parts of the human body. I would do pretty much the same as the OP.
>>
>>28060739
>Some kind of charisma mod like what I think was called the LACIE in Deus Ex - do better questioning people and getting into their pants
>joint reinforcement with pain elimination, because if I've gone from tier 1 to 0 I've probably spent the last 15 years doing knee destroying and back breaking grunt shit
>some kind of healing mod that injects nanomachines into wounds and at the very least stops bleeding and pain and partially heals so I have plenty of time to continue OPERATING before I should seek medical attention (like days of operating)
>>
>>28060739
honestly, titanium/reinforced spine and limbs, vision/hearing upgrades and stamina enhancers like you basically list are the clear best decision
>>
File: universal-soldier.jpg (72 KB, 630x419) Image search: [Google]
universal-soldier.jpg
72 KB, 630x419
>>28060739
>Enlarged heart
>Enlarged lungs
>Muscle fibers/ligaments reinforced with whatever material is the rage then

Can't be fallin' apart when I'm dead lifting a hatch off a tank Motoko style. Anything you can do to enhance your endurance and physical capacity will increase your operational capability. Integrating equipment into your body is going to force you into a niche. Be the tool for all jobs.
>>
Really, just some sort of active camouflage would be pretty fun to fuck around with.
>>
>cybernetic heart to regulate blood pressure, body temperature, pulse, dispense hemorrhaging agents and a recirculatory system to constantly "refresh" my blood and keep me at top performance
>nanofiber muscular and skeletal reinforcement to prevent relatively minor but potentially debilitating injuries such as sprains and bone fractures, in addition to increasing overall performance
>integrated nanite and leukocyte production capability, designed to continually repair bodily injury and maintain resistance to opportunistic infections and disease. Nanites are capable of repairing damage to sensory organs as well as greatly decreasing recovery time from traumatic injury, to less than 24 hours for a gunshot wound to the sternum

If I could only have one the cyber heart would have to be it. That alone would set you a miles and miles above even the best performance a non-augmented human could produce. Having something to strip lactic acid from your blood, constantly refresh its oxygen levels and prevent overheating would be pretty nice.
>>
File: ganjaglasses.jpg (67 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
ganjaglasses.jpg
67 KB, 1920x1080
>>28067925
>>28060739
>enlarged lungs
enlarged lungs, reinforced throat, and modified nose
FOR A SMOOTHER MORE PLENTIFUL TOKING EXPERIENCE
>>
>>28060739
>eyes of a mantis shrimp
>skin of a cuddlefish
>reinforced skeleton
>>
>>28060739
>pull brain out and put it in a case like in Ghost in the Shell
>all around better robot version of me body to drop the brain into
>backup loli body because you gotta have options
>>
Reinforced spine
Reinforced joints
Overclocked brain that allows for the faster processing of information, faster reflexes, etc.
>>
>>28060739
>Regenerative cartilage/disks/joint capsules/connective tissues

Fuck you that counts as one. Muscles and bones, and really every other part of the body is very capable when it comes to healing itself. Connective tissues/cartilage on the other hand is not

>Perhaps enhanced vision w/ more distance, NV and thermal

Doesn't take much imagination to see how that is useful

>More endurance/more efficient use of oxygen

That way, you can be a big guy4u but still run a 15:30 5K and manage heavier loads easier etc. combined with the regenerative cartilage size is no longer a hindrance as your body can support it now
Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.