[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do any of you guys have experience with the marlin 795? I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: zoom_795.jpg (20 KB, 700x200) Image search: [Google]
zoom_795.jpg
20 KB, 700x200
Do any of you guys have experience with the marlin 795? I'm thinking of picking it up as my first rifle but reluctant since it's only a .22 lr
>>
It's a great rifle but in the end you will just find yourself wanting a 10/22.

Just get a 10/22 right off the bat.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>28060353
Get a Ruger 10/22, the aftermarket is obscenely large. And yes, a .22 should ideally be your first rifle
>>
>>28060353
more accurate than the 10/22
more reliable than the 10/22
and the mags are even cheaper than the 10/22
hell its even fucking cheaper than the 10/22

buy it.
>>
>>28060355
This
>>
>>28060355
this is wrong
started with a marlin and bought a 10/22 later cause omg the 10/22. 10/22 is the best internet bullshit

the 10/22 is mediocre out of the box and requires at least double the price in aftermarket to get to the accuracy level of a marlin
it does have higher potential and its possible to get an awesome trigger bull but thats hundreds of dollars later

everything about the 10/22 is fat cause the rotary mags are thick

the 10/22 has no last round bolt hold open
it has no stock sling swivels which is just bullshit

i kept both cause its nice having 2 semiauto 22s when you bring people to the range but the marlins a better gun
10/22 has endless aftermarket cause the stock ruger parts are lacking
>>
The Marlin's are an excellent rifle in their own right (out of the box it's better than Ruger), but if you wan't to customize it any way just get a 10/22
>>
Biggest complaint is that the stock feels like it'll crack any day now.

Also my sights were fucked up out of the box on the Marlin. All my shots place an inch or two to the right unless I slap my scope on. How the fuck do I fix them, /k/?
>>
>>28060547
tap the rear gently to the left with a punch or something at the range shoot to confirm zero

punch would be the proper way if you were lazy and dont care about marring hit it with another gun or a mag

if it goes to far whack it back in the other direction

its alot of trial and error but can be done
>>
>>28060353
I Made the mistake of buying a marlin .22
Never again /k/omrade...
Get the 10/22
>takedown if you can
>>
>>28060512
>better than ruger OTB
>OTB
STEP UP NIGGA
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.