[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do Glocks have such bad triggers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2
File: glock.jpg (632 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
glock.jpg
632 KB, 3000x2000
Why do Glocks have such bad triggers?
>>
>>28057592
Prepare for Glock fanboy rage and insult slinging.
>>
>>28057592
It's they way they were raised.
>>
>>28057592
Profit maximization probably.
>>
>>28057592
If I can shoot comfortably and accurately with the stock trigger is the trigger still "bad"?
>>
>>28057592
They're not that bad. Not great, but not terrible either.
>>
>>28057645
Yes.

>>28057592
I'm with >>28057651
For plastic jew shit the trigger isn't as bad as you'd expect. Definitely not good though.
>>
the trigger is meant to be robust, reliable, and safe. it isn't a fucking bullseye gun, and if you suck with a glock trigger it isn't the gun, it's you.
>>
Because they're content with being "better out of the box than M&Ps"
>>
Triggers are subjective, people like different things.
>>
>>28057723
>burns...
>>
>>28057645
>>28057651
Every Glock I've ever dry fired in gun stores had a painfully heavy, creepy trigger. There's no way anyone could comfortably shoot that unless he has monkey hands. As for accuracy, I don't care how accurate you are, you will always be MORE accurate with a better trigger. It's true that a good shot can manage a bad trigger, but it's also true that a track star can run a mile with a backpack full of rocks. In neither case should unnecessary hindrances to good performance be tolerated.
>>28057671
>safe
I realize safety is Americans' national fetish, but if the purpose of a gun is protection, shouldn't a more accurate and comfortable trigger be SAFER? You do realize that the idea that a light trigger will "go off" on its own is a myth, right?
>>
>>28057751
No, trigger weight and creep are objective. They can be measured in pounds and inches. NOBODY is going to shoot better with a heavy, creepy trigger.
>>28057723
>content
The right word is complacent.
>>
>>28057788
The safeties in the entire trigger mechanism you dumb shit. Accuracy is thrown out the window in a gun fight where you rely on instinctive shooting as opposed to bullseye shooting. Fucking idiotic nigger you are.
>>
>>28057645
>if I like the taste of shit, am I still eating shit?
>>
>>28057851
>The safeties in the entire trigger mechanism you dumb shit.
I already know that, but why does it have to be so damn heavy and creepy?
>Accuracy is thrown out the window in a gun fight where you rely on instinctive shooting as opposed to bullseye shooting.
Then why do so many 9mm Glock owners say that shot placement will compensate for their guns' impotent caliber?
>>
It's a double action trigger, what do you expect?
>>
>>28057592
if your looking for a good reset, its actually a pretty decent trigger
>>
>>28057851
THANK YOU ANON
>>
>>28057592

I don't really mind it anymore. I used to be a big trigger snob but after shooting a lot of guns side by side, I don't even notice the difference between the triggers I would hate when dry firing and the triggers of my favorite guns.
>>
File: DSCF0062.jpg (628 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0062.jpg
628 KB, 1600x1200
If you don't like a Glock trigger make your own.
>>
>>28057788
I kind of disagree on the heavy trigger, I find it to be pretty light in comparison to stock triggers for other weapons.

I am pretty accurate with the Glock, and its used in stock and customized form in competition shooting. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
Its all relative. OP please list me three pistols with "good" triggers.
>>
>>28057948
I dont know probably the same reason you wont shut up about a decent trigger being bad.
>>
>>28060146
Not OP, but my favourite in terms of semis:

>Sig P226 X5
>Sig P210
>STI Trojan
>>
>>28057592
It's not great, but it's not terrible, but I still got a trigger job on my 20 for a reason.
>>
>>28058237
Single action, double action is like a modern revolver before you pull the hammer.
>>
>>28057948
Shot placement is vital for any pistol, even the mythical fuddy-five.
>>
>>28057788
>heavy trigger
lol no
>creepy trigger
lol not at all. My Glock 19 has far less creep than my PPQ did.

I honestly preferred my Glock 19 to my PPQ so I sold my PPQ and kept the Glock.
>>
I just hated my friends glock trigger when I shot his. Granted the only pistol I own right now is a 1911 so I'm spoiled by single action. I'd much rather have a real safety and a single action only trigger though.
>>
>>28057592
Their not bad, just not great.

I like glocks because their easy to build on and there's so many companies that make after market for them.

kinda like ARs
>>
>>28057592
who cares, GLOCKs just work, that's all you need from a gun
>>
>>28057592
Compared to what, exactly?
>>
>>28057592

>why do i think my opinion is fact?

name a polymer gun without a plastic trigger.

at least the glock trigger is predictable unlike the XD's which have no wall and the M&P's where the trigger becomes flatter as you pull so your finger actually kinda moves on the trigger face as you squeeze
>>
>>28063737
Ruger LC9s
>>
Is it actually bad or does it just come with a learning curve? I don't like glocks partially for the trigger partially cuz I can't see what I'm hitting. Would practice make this better or should I stick to steel gats
>>
>>28057592
You've never shot truly bad triggers have you?

Glock triggers are trash, but not bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>28057948
Shot placement is king, so you are an asshole thinking its not. But glock triggers do suck so you at least have that part of the argument.
>>
>spoiled

I think you misspelled 'crippled'
>>
>>28057592

>the safety IS the trigger

haha glawk funny joke
>>
Does anyone here have that pic of a glock that has a small frame inserted and posted it on 4chan?
>>
>>28057592
if you would learn how to shoot, maybe you wouldn't have to blame the trigger
>>
>>28062744
Yes, and a Glock trigger is closer to double action than it is single action, in addition to releasing the striker it cocks it from half cock as well you fucking moron
>>
>>28064070
No it isn't that bad

IMO only thing I would really like to see on Glock triggers would be a shorter, more tactile reset
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.