[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Think this SKS is worth $400?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
Think this SKS is worth $400?
>>
>>28057427
if it still has the original stock it would be a pretty fair deal
>>
Country of origin?

Also, instant lowball rights since its in a Crapco stock.
>>
>>28057455
I'm in the USA, seller is in my state, though I don't know more than that. The ad simply says $400 for the SKS.

The more I think about it, the more I think I don't want it.
>>
Looks chink. Offer 350.
>>
>>28057455

Looks Chinese sans the stock
>>
>>28057427
no
>>
File: disgusting.jpg (152 KB, 630x628) Image search: [Google]
disgusting.jpg
152 KB, 630x628
>>28057427
What the fuck man, spoiler that abomination.
>>
>>28057465
Not what he meant
>>
>>28057427
Looks chinese due to the markings on the receiver. (they're there, just zoom in close)
>>
File: IMG_0911.jpg (4 MB, 1937x2592) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0911.jpg
4 MB, 1937x2592
>>28057427
Syrupfag weighing in.
Let's assume for the sake of argument that the basic rifle cost $200 (ballpark estimate; that's what my Tula went for).
Then, there's that replacement gas tube from NCStar which goes for $35. (Seems like a dumb addition to me, but one man's junk)
Then there's the Tapco Intrafuse stock for $85 (also, stop shitting; it's a fucking SKS, and those short-as-shit wooden stocks are uncomfortable as hell for people taller than the 5'2" starved Russian conscripts in heavy winter coats that it was designed for)
Now what we seem to be missing is a bayonet and a magazine. Magazine was probably removed for the use of duckbill mags, but let's assume that it's lost to the void and subtract $35. Let's assume the same loss with the bayonet and subtract $20 (Amazon quote).

So just on parts value, you're looking at $265 just to break even with the MSRP-based original investment (sans taxes, s/h, etc.), assuming the seller themselves started with the rifle as-is.

tl;dr FUCK no, it's not worth $400 (at least, not by my syrupbucks reckoning)

Pic related is my '50 Tula SKS, and considering that I've sunk about $325 into it and kept all the original parts, I'd feel like a gouger if I sold it to anyone for more than $225.
>>
You'd have to pay ME before I'd take that gun.
>>
>>28058214
DAT FUCKING M1 DOE
>>
>>28057427
>no bayonet
>tapco furniture
>rail that probably won't hold a zero
>$400
There is absolutely zero reason to pay for somebody else's stupidity OP.

At $400 you could buy an unmolsted SKS and still have some change for ammo. For an extra hundred bucks you could buy yourself an AR or an actual AK instead of a bastardized SKS.
>>
>>28059545
It's an M305 (M1A/M14)...
>>
>>28057427
Anybody that pays over 350 for any sks is a retard.

There is still plenty and the only reasob gun shops sell it for 400 is because of these retards
>>
>>28057427
>>28057455
Good stock if you aren't a manlet and actually intend to shoot it.
Terrible if you plan on being like the majority of /k/ and do nothing but take pictures of your guns, talk about them, and never put rounds through them.

The original stocks, much like the nuggets, have an abysmally short stock made for thick ass Russian winter coats worn by manlets. When you are an actual human wearing a shirt, this leads to a horribly short length of pull.

Length of pull is one of the most underrated thing when it comes to shooting.

practicality over aesthetics, it's a tool.
>>
>>28061371
Why is length of pull so important? I can understand if it's too long, and too short might be uncomfortable, but generally can't you just make it work?
>>
Canadafag - no. SKS at max, even in the USA is 350 Max. If you are Canadian and spending $400 on an SKS just drop $50 more and get a SVT-40.
>>
>>28061385
You can make anything work, doesn't mean it's the best option.
You can walk to work instead of driving your car, you will still get there if you leave early enough.
>>
>>28061399
100% comfort is not necessary to use a rifle for its intended purpose
>>
$400 is a ripoff for a chink sks with crapco furniture and no magazine.
>>
>>28061424
Neither are all of your fingers.

But really though, length of pull has a habit of effecting accuracy when you aren't shooting at a bench.

It's also not much of a problem when you are switching between different modern guns because they are all roughly the same, that's why most people never notice it. It is however a problem for a lot of small women because their frame is so much smaller they tend to have a massively longer length of pull when using a normal gun, The opposite is true when most men use guns like the SKS that have an extremely short length of pull.
>>
>>28061474
oh ok that makes sense thanks for the clarification.
>>
>>28058214
SKS's cost meribros like 3 times what they cost us though..
>>
>>28057427

>implying you can determine the worth of a gun just by glancing at it.

It's like buying a used car. You shouldn't just buy it at face value - what if something is fucked up internally?

See if you can either inspect the bore yourself or get an image of it. If it looks like shit, don't buy it. If the seller gives you grief about wanting to see the bore, don't buy it. As an informed gun buyer, this is the kind of info you ought to have before making a purchase.
>>
>>28057427
Am I the only one know thinks that things looks bent? From the tip of the stock to the end of the barrel- it looks bent inward a little bit.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.