[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /k/. thinking about joining the marines. How do I necome
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (14 KB, 233x217) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
14 KB, 233x217
hey /k/. thinking about joining the marines. How do I necome into reconnaissances marines?
>>
sorry I just smoked like 4 bowls. how do i get into*
>>
>>28057257
Tis difficult sir. Not necessarily "hard", but difficult. You gotta have sand.

Source(s): I was in a unit that people think is elite.
>>
>>28057248
Go to your recruiter and tell him what you want.
Then sit around SOI for a year or more just to get into Recon. Have fun taking photographs.
>>
>>28057293
Sears Blue Crew?
>>
>>28057318
Close. Macy's rewards member.
>>
>>28057248

Hope you like water and most likely washing out into another MOS like communications or motor tuh.
>>
>>28057318
I hear you have to know somebody to get in.
>>
>>28057248
You could take the easier path and get the same/better results. If you just want a cool title, join regular old infantry and try to get into whatever company hosts the sniper platoon. Sometimes it's Weapons. Sometimes it's HQ&S. I was fortunate to get into Weapons. Then I befriended a lot of the snipers as well as their CO. Ran the indoc. Joined the platoon. You have to do pig shit for awhile, but then you're good. Might even get to go to sniper school, but then you get to put a cool sticker on the window of the Jeep Wrangler you inevitably buy.
>>
>>28057419
>might even go to sniper school
The fuck? In the army everyone in a sniper section goes to sniper school. Hell, I was in recce and I got LRM. I've heard USMC sniper school is really good, but damn.
>>
>>28057458
It's all about priority. The slots fill up way too fast. I've seen guys join the sniper platoon and EAS never having gone. Generally, they'll try to have you go before you do a combat deployment, but that isn't a guarantee these days.
>>
>>28057475
Guess it keeps standards high.
>>
>>28057293
LAR?
>>
>>28057248
Don't prepare so much technically that you need bad habits broken. Prepare a lot athletically.
Don't treat training or selection like it's a means to an end. Channel your inner thespian and convince yourself that you're really at war and everything you're doing or not doing counts.
You tread water because your ship just sunk, it hurts and you've got cramps but you can't give up because you're not in a pool you're at sea and if you stop you die. You fall asleep guarding anything and your friends all get their throats cut.
Say what you need to say to yourself to make shit seem important when it's not and become a detail oriented person with good habits.

Right now lots of people are training to kill you whether you become a Marine or not, they fucking hate you and they'll have their way in your lifetime if people don't kill them for you. They're carrying weight you're not ready to carry up mountains too steep for you on less food than you would need to even try. They might not have the book smarts you do but they've been out working you since the day they were born. Where they come from the quitters have starved to death.
Make that enemy in your head and focus on him. Believe me he's real, for every few hip hop jihadis you'll come across there's one country boy like him, believes harder than your western sensibilities will allow you to imagine and can kill a woman or a child without a second thought.
>>
>>28057257
Smoke another bowl
>>
>>28057257
>I just smoked 4 bowls
>Life in an elite military unit is for me

Am I being trolled or are there people who are really this out of touch?
>>
>>28058429

>Am I being trolled or are there people who are really this out of touch?

You're a troll, or the one out of touch. Every fucking Marine I ever met smoked pot before they joined. Most are out and smoke it still. Myself Included.

The type of people that actually end up joining to go to battle and possibly die usually aren't rule following pussy bois like yourself.

Semper 420 you stupid faggot.
>>
>>28058502
I don't know what you're talking about, but hardly anyone I knew innaCorps smoked before, during, or after. Hilariously, the ones who did ended up going to parties and taking Ectasy or some other drug and getting kicked out. Fucking retards if you ask me.
>>
>>28058559
no one ever told you they were/got high because they know you are a lame snitch good boy who could get them in trouble
>>
File: 1438216170723.jpg (75 KB, 663x960) Image search: [Google]
1438216170723.jpg
75 KB, 663x960
>>28058559

Well I was Infantry, and every one of my buddies did. The first Sgt we got was a pog and he went crazy because our companies DUI's were more than twice his old unit.

The super shitheads that didn't have self control smoked spice and got kicked out, or did ectasy at raves like you said.

All my buddy's are in school using GI Bill, the one who doesn't has a successful business, and we all still smoke it, all be it not as much.

I guess the pogs don't party as much.
>>
>>28058655
Wasn't a POG, but I do know that some of the HQ guys got the boot for spice and similar shit. Could be that we just had different situations, but I'm serious when I say that the majority of the guys I knew didn't smoke pot. And if they did, they were fucking ninjas about it.
>>
>>28057458
Guess sniper platoons in the Marines are more like a group of designated marksmen.
>>
>>28058655
It's all bullshit anyways, can't smoke weed and chill but I can get fucked up on jungle juice then come in hungover the next day.
>>
>>28058738

I drank before I joined, but yeah I became a fucking alcoholic. Not saying the marines are at fault for it, but that type of lifestyle its very accepted.

I knew a guy who missed morning formation by 4 hours because he was piss drunk and passed out in town. Command fucking gave him a completely free pass because he used his arrive alive card to get back on base and they said that was responsible of him.
>>
>>28058502
>>28058559
>>28058638

Just sayin, this is painfully true. Not all, but many guys I knew who went on to be Marines, both Officer and Enlisted, smoked and parties (read: harder drugs) their faces off before joining.

It sucks because I wanted to joing too but I told the truth because I thought that's what you were supposed to do.
>>
>>28057248
>run 3 miles in 18:00 or less
>20+ pullups
>100+ crunches
>pass selection
>>
>>28057458
>army
>everyone

No, I've been in 2 units, and the HHC sniper platoon has had less than 10% mtow for actual sniper school on their ERB.
>>
>>28060779
Well, I was only in one unit and I was at Fort Benning so that's probably why. Plus, I/ wasn't a leg.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.