[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Silencers vs "Totally not a silencer" Thought: turn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 500x500
Silencers vs "Totally not a silencer"

Thought: turn a Pistol length AR upper (8.5" or something) into a full length by adding a silencer or a "very peculiar sized flash hider" that just so happens to be the exact diameter and length of a very common flashlight tube.

Firstly: which would be more cost efficient? Silencers sold as silencers are a rich guy toy, and cost upwards of 1k, but would definitely meet or exceed the 16" barrel requirement. But would the flash hider plus whatever legal hoodoo to get the tax stamp cost less?
>>
>>28052955
http://aresarmor.com/store/Item/Muzzle_Ares_Breath
>>
>>28052955
Just contact your state rep and tell him to support the Hearing Act.
>>
Sometimes they are called "solvent traps"
>>
>>28052955
its like you want your dog shot.
>>
>>28052955
It's a silencer. Remember, any part or parts used to make a silencer -are also silencers-, so you can't make a flash suppressor shaped like baffles without being a silencer - even without being complete.

See: SIG MPX suit. Dumbass sig decided to sell the MPX with some VERY OBVIOUSLY BAFFLES and oversized threads at the end to secure a tube.
>>
>>28053471
>caring what an alphabet soup agency thinks

shall not be infringed
>>
>>28053471
So would sig have been in the clear if it took machining at home to add the extra threads to make it into a can?
>>
>>28052977
The fuck is the hearing act?.. This is the first I've seen mention of it, what's the TL:DR, I'm guessing it's something along the lines of changing regs on supressors to be like britain right?
>>
>>28053621
Hell no. The threads made it usable. The baffles made it illegal.

>>28053590
>making an alternative of something for public use that is no less regulated than the thing itself.
gig darwin, hope you like pegging
>>
>>28053471
>>28053621
I see some of those "flash hiders that are totally not suppressors" that will have a little metal fin on top so you can't slide a maglite tube over it... unless you spend 3 seconds with a dremmel on it.
>>
>>28053636
Just the opposite actually. Last discussion here about it was probably a month ago. Long story short: bill to make suppressors into non nfa items in order to help protect hearing.
>>
>>28053982

Wait did something change regarding supressors over in britain? I was under the impression they were unregulated and treated like earpro.
>>
>>28054023
I did not know that about the uk. Ignore my previous post. It was misinformed.
>>
Will this get suppressors off the nfa list? I'm not interested in airsoft toys
>>
It would have to be pinned and welded to make length anyways so you wouldn't be able to clean the core properly...
>>
File: 1439816197055.jpg (85 KB, 748x497) Image search: [Google]
1439816197055.jpg
85 KB, 748x497
>>28053471
You can't get arrested for having a device that traps harmful solvents
>>
>>28054481
You can be if you modify it to allow you to shoot through it. Or have the tools and intent to.

My 'solvent trap' is a microfiber cloth that I let solvents drain out to. Can't attach a oil filter to it. Its pretty obvious and transparent that the threaded solvent trap adapters are just a way to hook up an oil filter suppressor.

And as someone who hears EEEEEEEEEE every minute of every day, I wish they'd legalize suppressors and require them for all ranges.
>>
>>28053471
you can have all the parts but you can't have any drilled baffles or end caps. Everything else is just threaded pipe and freeze plugs
>>
Enjoy your 2 years in PMITA prison and nogunz.

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/news/35586
>>
>>28054658
what a fucking dumbass.... engages in illegal hunting with an illegal silencer
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.