[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>silver is slightly less dense than lead >harder than lead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: the-lone-ranger_l[1].jpg (31 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
the-lone-ranger_l[1].jpg
31 KB, 300x400
>silver is slightly less dense than lead
>harder than lead but less hard than copper: still accepts rifling.
>not so hard that it is considered "armor piercing" by law

Don't these factors make silver an excellent metal for hunting bullets? It performs similarly to conventional bullets but you're not poisoning your meat with cancer-causing lead which is more likely to fragment and get everywhere.
>>
File: 1443797857183.jpg (5 KB, 257x196) Image search: [Google]
1443797857183.jpg
5 KB, 257x196
Prohibitive cost
>>
silver is expensive as fuck, enjoy your 5$+per round
>>
>>28052358
>buy junk silver
>make molds
>cast bullets
>make custom handloads
>shoot deer
>>
>>28052363
I imagine you'd only use the silver on game. Which is like one round, if you're doing it right. Range time with lead I guess.
>>
lots of research on this that shows the accuracy with silver bullets is virtually non-existent.
>>
lead-antimony rounds are better for what you're looking for
>>
why not steel, copper, or aluminum?
>>
>>28052363
> tfw .338 lm is already that and more
>>
>>28052346
>less dense then lead
See that's a con though, not a pro
>>
>>28052346
The make lead free ammunition. I keep thinking about some type of jacketed plastic with a tungsten tip, but it is just not viable.
>>
>Person 4: Nice guy?! How come the asshole leaves bullets then?
>Person 1: I don't know. That is kinda weird.
>Person 4: Sure he's nice: the asshole leaves bullets for kids to fool around with!
>Person 2: I told you what the innuedo is: Dr. Ehrlich the Magic Bullet.
>Person 4: What's that?
>Person 2: Syphillis.
>Person 4: Eh?
>Person 2: He's telling you in his own special way that the whole world has syphillis.
>Person 1: Dr. Ehrlich the Magic Bullet! Of course.
>Person 2: Why do you think he rides off with his mouth closed?

Thankyoumaskman.

https://youtu.be/1tjWYEMQ70w
>>
>>28052346
This just reminds me of that issue of planetary where the lone ranger expy rides a demon horse made of smoke and kills his brother's murderers with silver bullets from thier family land claim.

Shit was boss
>>
File: image.jpg (276 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
276 KB, 750x1000
>>28052346
Are you hunting vampires or werewolves?
Supernatural creatures?
No?
Ok, then you don't need silver bullets.
Use fucking LEAD.
>>
>>28057494
are you actually this stupid?
>>
>>28057494
>Are you hunting vampires or werewolves?
>Supernatural creatures?
>No?

Hey, let's not jump to any conclusions.
>>
>>28057494

All these retards prepping for the zombie apocalypse with their shitty neon green serrated mall ninja katanas, I'd actually be a little disappointed if there wasn't at least one faggot prepping for werewolf apocalypse with silver boolits.
>>
>not hunting werewolves
fucking fags, all of you
>>
>>28057688
I keep silver in my wallet so i can press the muzzle of my J-frame to it and contact shot spoopy shit.

Thinking of going full MHI and making silver tipped PowerBall, problem is casting silver is a BITCH
>>
>>28057698
>hunting werewolves
>not fucking them
Who's the faggot here?
>>
>>28054918
Silver HPBT
>>
>>28057801
Does anyone here read MHI?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.