[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/omrades I need help. We're doing practice qualifications
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: LEqual.jpg (44 KB, 376x242) Image search: [Google]
LEqual.jpg
44 KB, 376x242
/k/omrades I need help.
We're doing practice qualifications at the police Academy today.
My groupings turn to shit at 15-25 yards. I keep shooting low and to the left, until eventually at 25 yards I'm lucky to get it in the target area.
How do I fix this asap? I have a 45 usp but it's obviously something I'm doing wrong and probably not the gun.
>>
>>28051480
Anticipating recoil or squeezing too hard.

Does your dept issue you that USP with a heavy ass police trigger or is it your personal piece?
>>
>>28051589
Issued, I hate the thing. It's too big for my hands. And I'm the special snowflake who needs .45 ammo at the Academy.
>>
>>28051630
Yeah you're gonna have to keep practicing then. Most dept. guns seems to have a fuckhueg pull and it's making your groups suck. Just keep practicing as much as you can.
>>
>>28051480
Far from being an expert in handgun shooting but you may be experiencing from trigger jerking and/or recoil anticipation.

Read this : http://www.usacarry.com/common-handgun-shooting-problems/2/
>>
>>28051480
>>28051663
Also shouldn't you seek advice from your instructors rather than going on a rather random board ?
>>
>>28051694
I did. But I love you guys and figured I'd also ask /k/
One suggested that it might be too little or too much finger on the trigger.
If I can't fix it by tomorrow I'm going to ask all of them whay the hell I'm doing wrong. Should not being going from 3inch groups at 2-12 to shooting off paper at 15-25.
>>
Focus on the front sight as you squueze, keep it smooth the whole pull. I do it after lots of practice, one of the newer guys at a qualifying shoot sang to himself (in his head) that worked well for him. Everyone has different methods but the results should be similar.
>>
I just got back from the range.
I had the same problem, i got a feel for the trigger break, then pulled it so softly and slowly it surprised me everytime.

Took like 4 minutes to fire 13 rounds but i got significantly better results.
>>
>>28051480
I had similar problems with a 30 yo. FN BDA (or HP-DA, which ever you prefer) I was handed on a Finnish Army range, horrible trigger, most bullets hit the ground few yards in front of the target, was told that at the end of the squeeze the barrel dipped, tried paying more attention to my squeeze, got most of shots on target but in very different parts until we moved from 25m to around 15m, then the results started being better.
>>
Press trigger straight back
>>
>>28051480
If you're going low and left, you're anticipating recoil and overcompensating.
>>
>>28051480
>police Academy
-Ask someone for a laser
-Look at the little red dot on the target
-See if the red dot moves as you pull the trigger
-Fix your trigger pull
>>
>>28051480
You're anticipating recoil. There's an easy fix to this. Have someone load your magazines with dummy rounds mixed in. When shooting, if your gun jerks downwards then the problem is confirmed, and you just need more practice. Keep using the dummy rounds until your flinch is gone.
>>
>>28053430
correction; carefully squeeze the trigger, especially towards the end if you are not intimately familiar with the pistol you are using, simply pulling it will just result in jerking which can and often will move the barrel off-target
>>
File: 1447864011300.jpg (215 KB, 1224x1584) Image search: [Google]
1447864011300.jpg
215 KB, 1224x1584
>>
Remember 70-30. 70% squeeze with your left hand pulling back, 30% squeeze with your right hand pushing forward. Too much grip on your right will fuck up your aim and trigger pull.
>>
>>28051480

there are three steps to a perfect shot.

1. align sights on target
2. squeeze trigger without moving sights
3. dont fuck up 1 or 2

its really not hard OP, especially in "stand and deliver" qualifications
>>
>>28055016
Missing

"Don't hold your breath"
>>
>>28053466
>Keep using the dummy rounds until your flinch is gone
what is the logic in this? It would seem that random snap caps would only show a flinch, I don't see how it could help resolve one.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.