[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /k/. Former 160th SOAR black hawk crew chief here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: SupKommandos.jpg (63 KB, 573x430) Image search: [Google]
SupKommandos.jpg
63 KB, 573x430
Spent 4 yrs in 160th SOAR as a uh-60 crew chief. Transferred to 160th while I was a mechanic then moved up to flight platoon after a few months in my battalion.

Spent time in Iraq, Afghanistan, Central America, and the Philippines.

Got out a couple years ago. I will answer to the best I can but will not talk about details from overseas.
>>
>>28050849
Was the any noticeable difference in flight quality between the humid and the dry areas?
>>
>>28050849
Do support personnel have to go through selection to serve the SF?
>>
>>28050849
How fucked is the current status of the US armed forces, especially the marines (if you ever encountered them in large numbers or had to work for/with them) compared to other similar groups from other countries?
>>
Do you guys receive a security clearance?

What is your medic program like? Is it a flight medic that just stays onboard when transporting people?

Have you/your crew ever been in a gunfight?
>>
>>28050856
Not really unless you are a pilot. Dry areas are best though from a maintenance standpoint.

>>28050858

Our support personnel were mostly civilians. But as a far as enlisted support staff such as tool room, they were not sf. If you didn't work the flight line or in a flight platoon, you were a normie.
>>
Do you think that countries that share a border with NATO should have conscription like Finland for example?
>>
>>28050886
Share a border with Russia, not NATO. That got confusing fast.
>>
>>28050867
The current status of the US armed forces is the least fucked compared to other countries. The brits and aussies were cool to work with but I'd pick a group of US soldiers or marines over any similar groups from other countries.

>>28050875
Everyone allowed in our hangars has to have security clearance. It's a requirement.
>>
File: 1447517008192.jpg (79 KB, 606x459) Image search: [Google]
1447517008192.jpg
79 KB, 606x459
Are you aware that the Marines are best branch?
And wassup with the Navy? Are the planes on their carriers Air Force or Navy? If so why even have a Air Force?

Does the musicians without borders ads piss you off as much as me?
>>
>>28050922
lol
>>
>>28050886
Conscription or some kind of short term mandatory public service should be a requirement in every country. Imo.

>>28050922
Marines are by far the best general infantry in the world but that's about it. They can't compete with rangers.

Navy is for people from the midwest that never seen water before and think it's a good idea. Planes on carriers are navy.

Musicians without borders are a bunch of libtards.
>>
Describe the average Operator to me, personality and face-armor wise
>>
Desu senpai i really loved you guys in nam. Imagine getting to blow away villagers while listening to "It Aint Me by Fortunate Son"
>>
>>28050849
Are you into scuba diving and spear fishing?

I knew a Crew Chief who was into that after the military.

Also how does it feel being an airborne domestic terrorist white supremicist now courtesy of our minnesota 'chapter'.
>>
>>28050964
A 5'9 Paul Bunyan look alike with less flannel. Most come off as assholes a bit but with a bit of restraint. Out of regs length on haircut. I kinda think of them as the modern knights. They are the example of a modern professional soldier.
>>
>>28050970
Our avionics guys hooked up all our birds with ipod hook ups. 60s/70s Rock was the most played while flying, with gangster rap as a close 2nd.

>>28050972
Hahah I went scuba diving once while on oahu but I am not a fan.

Minnesota can go fuck themselves hahah.
>>
File: 71EinqoQNRL._SX522_.jpg (26 KB, 522x159) Image search: [Google]
71EinqoQNRL._SX522_.jpg
26 KB, 522x159
>>28050942

>Marines are by far the best general infantry in the world but that's about it. They can't compete with rangers

Lurking former 0311 helo company muhreen. Fair enough but Rangers are for specialized operations, hence "special forces".

We do dif jobs. Basically if the military needs to do a small insertion, rescue a hostage, capture a high value target etc.

If it's full scale war and you just need fuckers killed, send in the Marines.

Also I have a buddy that was a Ranger. I'll say a good Infantry Marine is as physically capable as a Ranger, but again they get better training.
>>
>>28051036
Not arguing with that at all. I absolutely agree. My brothers little friends have asked me what branch to join a few times. If they want to be infantry, I tell them marines. I'd rather have a marine battalion than an army infantry battalion any day of the week.

But marine aviation are a bunch of window lickers hahah.
>>
>>28050849
Thank you for your service. Don't forget to use all those fancy buttons and metals to get yourself a discount at the local Mccy-D's while your at it.
>>
>>28050849
Shank you for your cervix
>>
>>28051102
I only use MUH SERVICE card at home depot. Saves some money big time.
>>
Why did it cost 25 million dollars per enemy combatant killed in Afghanistan? Were you firing solid gold bullets?
>>
>>28051127

We were firing solid gold DynCorp contracts.
>>
>>28051117
I am still not that clear as to why we are even in afghanistan. I've only seen one gold bullet and it was on a necklace.

I've never heard that 25mil per enemy killed. I'd say it's because the US government wants to spend that much to prop up the arms industry.
>>
Which Bat?
>>
>>28051167
I was 4th.
>>
Resurrecting this thread

Flight medics. How do I become one and how much shit do they actually do?
>>
>>28050849
Thank you for your service.
>>
>>28050849
how many kebabs have you removed or assisted in their removal?
>>
>>28050849

What is something trivial you miss doing?

What is something trivial you'd rather not have to do again?

I.e something silly for both.
>>
>>28050849
Do you miss it?
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.