[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting a gunshop Youtube
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: 1402453826845.jpg (100 KB, 689x774) Image search: [Google]
1402453826845.jpg
100 KB, 689x774
So my lgs might be willing to start a youtube channel, and I might be the one producing it. If it goes through, I'll most likely be making a channel that accompanies a matching Facebook page, which will be mostly focused towards local sales.

What would you say are the good qualities of other similar channels out there, and what are the bad? Obviously the preachy attitude of guys like IV8888 and MAC are annoying as all hell, while the ramblings of people like Nuttinfancy and (I really hate to say it) Hickock are tedious. I like the way Ian runs Forgottenweapons, but I doubt I'm going to be ever dealing with super rare and expensive weapons, and at the end of the day the videos have to help sell guns.

Thoughts, /k/?
>>
I thought the most likely thing to do would be to start with the basic "here's this neat gun we have" covering whatever has been in the case for a while, then getting into new guns on the market, finding guns that don't have good disassembly videos on youtube and making a few. I don't like the idea of "top 5" lists because, lets face it, that's some subjective bullshit. But whatever looks like it'll help sales, I'd be willing to do.

Best part is, he has employees I know would be great to take over the channel should I ever leave, so I'll be leaving behind a pretty neat legacy.
>>
>>28049914
>Nuttinfancy and (I really hate to say it) Hickock are tedious.
>I thought the most likely thing to do would be to start with the basic "here's this neat gun we have"
>then getting into new guns on the market
>But whatever looks like it'll help sales, I'd be willing to do.
Soooo, Hickok44?
>>
File: filthy_american.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
filthy_american.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>28049861
do it like TFB tv
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hsHhz-ul5A

they are pretty nuts sometimes, but their contend is OK

if you want to do it like IAN, look for C&R arsenal, they have a pretty nice channel too

webm related, this is what will happen if you do not know what you are doing
>>
>>28049961
God why would you even grab the gun like that.

I like the way TFB does their channel too. I think we'll have a very big mix of new, used and C&R. We're in a pretty diverse gun market where I am. I hadn't heard of C&R Arsenal, they seem pretty neat so far.
>>
For the love of christ buy a bipod before you start making videos

>>28049914
>finding guns that don't have good disassembly videos on youtube
Yes please
>>
>>28050144
I'm going to ask a few friends I know that have their own artistic ventures, because right now I have squat for a camera.

I really want to make some videos on older Spanish guns, but it really depends on whatever comes through the shop. And, you know, if I actually get to do this.
>>
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 649x1154) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 649x1154
>>28049861
Looks kinda like my Linda.
>>
>>28049961
>Alex C
Yeah, no. Fuck that retarded asshat.
>>
File: hi point bipod.jpg (125 KB, 912x546) Image search: [Google]
hi point bipod.jpg
125 KB, 912x546
>>28050144
hurr I meant tripod. Don't get a bipod for your camera .... or do, whatever
>>
>>28049961
All their titles are clickbait, I've been avoiding them for that exact reason. I don't trust the content if they're using those kinds of titles, makes it seem scammy. Anybody pushing legitimate content like that needs to stop.
>>
>>28050323
>starting a gun channel on youtube
>not filming from behind your sandbag barricade with pic related
Come on now.
>>
File: cameragun.jpg (81 KB, 620x306) Image search: [Google]
cameragun.jpg
81 KB, 620x306
>>28050338
derp
>>
Well, just got back from the store. He's definitely OK with me starting a channel up in his store, it's just going to take some time getting things set up. Hopefully you guys will get a chance to see it soon.
>>
Appear honest, if you just shrill one gun design after another you will sound like infomercial more than a gun reviewer
>>
Show us how the gun works, like Ian. I wanna see a more in-depth explanation of the Kel-Tec RDB
>>
Honestly, be prepared for a metric fuckton of hate.

But if I had the dosh to start one?
>One series of vids that are purely informational, explains the history of firearms, etc
>One series of vids that is firing a bunch of guns, showing off firearms safety and generally having a good time
>One series that is dedicated to oddball loads, testing munitions, armors, etc - fucking around at the range and all

Still, youre doing gods work in any case, anon. People need to know that most gun owners are normal, funny people.
>>
>>28050910
I'll do my best to do that. At the end of the day, the video would have to sell the gun in one way or another, so there'd be more positive talk than any, but I'd never oversell the product.

>>28050947
I love Ian's style (I find myself talking a lot like him when explaining anything gun related) and love working the little pieces/parts of the guns so people have a better understanding of what's going on. We probably would never get really, really cool stuff, but there was a Ruger takedown AR in there a few weeks ago, so it should be fairly lively.

>>28050958
>Honestly, be prepared for a metric fuckton of hate.
I'm really not going to try to push for a much larger audience outside of my area as far as the sales go, but I'd love to make videos that get around the web as well. Hopefully I'll get the chance to play around with his stuff before he sells it. He's got a really nice set of Colts that need some camera time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.