[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /k/ think of the Australian Navy? Its been going t
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: HMAS_Choules_FBE_2014.JPG.jpg (374 KB, 1920x1272) Image search: [Google]
HMAS_Choules_FBE_2014.JPG.jpg
374 KB, 1920x1272
What does /k/ think of the Australian Navy? Its been going through a major upgrade lately, of course to compete with China and other south east asian countries. From what I can gather, australias forces are pretty small but high quality
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Procurement_programme_of_the_Royal_Australian_Navy
>>
>>28049317

Still needs those AWD, and at least 6 of them.

Hopefully those FFH replacements will be decent too, but the ASMD upgrades on the Anzacs have provided a good stop gap until they enter service.
>>
Something tells me the new submarine program is going to be the clusterfuck of the century
>>
>>28049360
apparently itll be the navys most expensive buy
>>
Australian navy is stupid as shit, especially because they support those stupid whale terrorist
>>
>>28049382
>whale eating jap detected
>>
>>28049401
Honestly I'd be fine with sinking both Japs and hippies at the same time
>>
>>28049401
>whale fucking hippie detected
>>
>>28049418
nothing wrong with fucking some whales
>>
>>28049317
>check what they have
>most capable ships are 4k ton frigates with 8 cells

Wew lad, it's pretty horrible.
>>
>>28049360
Weren't they moving towards buying the Japanese Soryu's? Those are some of the best attack submarines on the market, not a bad choice desu
>>
>>28049445
>fucking the fatties
Gross
>>
>>28049941

Being based at Garden Island, those were the days.
>>
>>28049317
I'm an officer in the RCN. I and pretty much all my colleagues are extremely jealous of the funding and upgrades the RAN has received while Canada's navy flounders.

Things are starting to look up a bit though, with steel cut on the Harry DeWolf class and we should have a converted civvie tanker for ras capability in a year or so.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.