[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me how bad I fucked up /k/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: PPQ-Walther-M2.jpg (123 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
PPQ-Walther-M2.jpg
123 KB, 600x400
Well, I went to the lgs today, and decided I wanted to buy a .22 lr handgun. I fondled a bunch of them, and ended up really liking the feel of the PPQ 22lr. Now I stripped the gun in the store, and it seemed much better built than the dreaded zamak p22, but I feel like I fucked up bad because it is umarex produced. So /k/ how bad did I fuck up? By the way I paid about $330 after tax and background check.
>>
>>28047933
Umarex only imports firearms. They don't make them, Walther does in Germany. The same is true for their HK MP5 and 416 clones.
>>
>>28047963
More like Walter doesn't exist, it's only a name Umarex uses to get retards to buy their crap products... You may get lucky and it won't snap in half after a few boxes of federal bulk because no-one has seen federal bulk in a few years...
>>
>>28047963
I guess I should rephrase. Based on post purchase research (I know, i'm a jackass), walther's made in arnsberg are shit, walther's made in Ulm are good. Anyone have any experience with the PPQ 22lr?
>>
>>28047933
Honestly a .22 lr handgun will most likely be relegated to range use and the occasional acorn/carrot removal. So as long as it functions it's fine. Reviews look good and pricing seems fair. Quit with your buyers remorse and go shoot the dam thing.
>>
>>28048034
Thanks anon. Being a poor college-fag it's hard not to feel like I fucked up. I guess I'll run the piss out of it and see out it works.
>>
>>28048057
Any full slide 22 is probably going to be shit in the long run... Why didn't you buy a mk2/mk3/22-45/buckmark like a non retard?
>>
>>280479330
Full slide .22s designed to look like regular pistols are generally shit compared to ones just built to be .22 pistols like the Ruger Mk I-Mk III series and 22/45, the Browning Buckmark, the S&W 22a, and the Beretta Neos. Supposedly the PPQ .22 doesn't use a ZAMAK slide though, so you didn't fuck up to badly, just expect it to not be as reliable as the purpose built .22 pistols.
>>
>>28047933
You did fine pussy, now go shoot away your unfounded remorse with a brick of .22
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>28047933
I own this handgun. For 100 rounds it failed to feed, fire, eject, everything. I sent it back to manufacturer and they found nothing wrong.

It had to be broken in, and needs high velocity ammo. With HV stuff, it runs good and is a tack driver. Just be aware of its ammo pickiness.

I can not confirm if this is universal with these handguns.
>>
File: 1447580836588.jpg (14 KB, 212x212) Image search: [Google]
1447580836588.jpg
14 KB, 212x212
>>28047933
http://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p22/7574-show-me-proof-p22-made-umarex.html

Decide for yourself.
>>
>>28048748
I'd also like to add that I love the mag release, and the mags themselves seem very nice.
However the saftey is a bit strange to get used to.
Also be aware that the safety just blocks the hammer from hitting the firing pin. It doesn't disengage the trigger or drop the hammer. I can answer any questions OP. If not, happy shooting
>>
Should have bought a SR22 instead. Much more comfy in the hand. Also looks better.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>28047998
There's merit to what this anon is saying. One of the first guns I bought was a .22
M-16 clone. I have umarex, Colt, and fucking Walther stamped on it. It's a 7/10 gun desu.

>pic related
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 284x177) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7 KB, 284x177
>>28047933
nigga, why not get pic related?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.