[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swiss vs Leatherman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (839 KB, 2164x1486) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
839 KB, 2164x1486
Sup /k/ im looking into getting a multitool and i can't decide between leatherman and swiss. I have watched a few videos but I still can't decide. I don't have any specific needs, just the occasional odd job.
>>
I own a lot of Leathermans and the only Vic I own is the Swisschamp

The debate comes down to the pliers. If you need pliers, then get a Leatherman, if not, then get a SAK. The pliers on the SAK are just horrible.

The smaller SAKs are better for daily carry, but the Leatherman Wave/Surge are just much better for going inna woods and shooting.
>>
>>28046524
Came here to say exactly this
>>
>>28046282
Goin' innawoods? Leatherman Signal

Goin' inna server room? Leatherman Skeletool

Goin' full retard? Victorinox ______
>>
>>28046282
Leatherman seems to be one of those overpriced things that relies on its brand name. It's not much higher quality than its competitors then again it's 2-3x the price. I like Gerber considering its more cost effective. Never had an issue with parts/build quality despite what brandfags are probably going to chime in saying. There are plenty of fine brands out there that aren't necessarily big names. I mean seriously $170 for something you might end up leaving/forgetting somewhere is just nuts and I'm not even a poorfag.
>>
>>28046732

I love my Leatherman tools, but it's hard to beat a Gerber.

If you get them on their regular sells, you can buy three Gerber Diesels for the price of one Wave.

Look up "Ganzo multitool" and you'll see an exceptionally high quality Russian tool for ~$30.

Boker also makes a SAK, called the "Tech Tool 4", which is basically an identical tool as far as quality goes, but for half the price.
>>
>>28046282
To me, it comes down to this:

The swiss is a nice pocket knife / handy knife
The leatherman is a nice utility knife

To his, his own.
>>
Do you need a knife for innawoods game field dressing?
>bring a folding pocket knife
Do you need a specific tool for a specific situation?
>use that specific tool
Do you want to be a gay fuckboi?
>buy a leatherman
>>
I hear that Coast multitools are good as well, just bulky. But between the victornox and any plier based tool, i would take the plier based tool.
>>
>>28046282

Swiss if you're looking for a pocket knife with useful gimmicks

Multitool if you're looking for multiple tools in one place.

If you're looking into a heavy, thick sak, get a good multitool

If your system can take the ounces, multitool every day
>>
>>
>>28050413

>Those hideous screws

>That hideous shape

>Those 2tactical4me colors

Just because it's HK bdanded doesnt make it better. I give credit to HK for choosing reputable brands like Benchmade to make their products, not like every other gun brand that sells chinashit, but Leatherman is where it's at.
>>
>>28046282
>no pliers on the swiss
yeah, get the multitool
>>
File: image1.jpg (1 MB, 1976x1168) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1 MB, 1976x1168
Had the same Leatherman Wave for nearly fifteen years - in fact, it's in front of me. It's been all over the country with me, been used as a fishing knife, been submersed in salt water for periods, been muddy, bloody and dusty, had close calls with airport security and in that time I've never had a complaint. The lock up is still nice and tight, it cleans up nicely with a bit of Breakfree CLP, the normal blade is easy to sharpen and keep that way and the sheepsfoot blade is still sharp without ever having given it attention.

Your mileage may vary and I know the Wave had a redesign a few years back so I can't speak to the current model, but I love mine- have looked at replacing it for shits and giggles a couple of times and just can't see a reason to
>>
File: full retard.jpg (494 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
full retard.jpg
494 KB, 1024x768
>>28046699
Never go full retard.

I do like Swiss Army Knives though, I did buy the largest one I could realistically afford to fuck around with.
>>
>>28046282
If you're a stickler about pliers, Victorinox also has the Swisstool
http://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Products/Swiss-Army-Knives/SwissTools/c/SAK_SwissTool?f=category&v=1/101/1016&m=add&
>>
File: 20151130_074608-1.jpg (3 MB, 1558x3210) Image search: [Google]
20151130_074608-1.jpg
3 MB, 1558x3210
Someone say Swiss army knife?
>>
>>28046282
Apples and oranges because of the weight. I have a Leatherman from 1995 or something, works fine.
>>
>>28046282
I keep a Leatherman Micra on my keychain, always comes in handy
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.