[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /k/ommrades. does anyone have any experience with ARX polycase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_8886.jpg (254 KB, 1584x875) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8886.jpg
254 KB, 1584x875
sup /k/ommrades.
does anyone have any experience with ARX polycase ammo? i was at my lgs today and picked up some in .380.
im not going to be able to go shoot for awhile so i figured i'd ask now if my twenty something bucks was well spent.
>>
>>28044456
idk but I like the look of those bullets
>>
>>28044456
It'll make holes, and hurt like a motherfucker is all I can say personally. The various reviews I've seen are all the usual hype building promotional shit. Hopefully this will catch on more so we can see some interesting shit come from it.
>>
Get these instead. There are 4 choices but two are the real deal of the pic you posted.

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/ammo/380-auto

The extreme penetrators outperform the wound cavity left behind from JHPs. I've seen enough tests and looked at enough .380 ammo to know that the cartridges in the link are the best ammo for any .380 provided they feed with no issue.

.380 JHP is susceptible to clogging and failing to expand.

Here's the best product review for them. He includes 4 layers of denim over his ballistic gel, I think.

http://youtu.be/LczfeWK9lHw

The neat thing is JHPs wound channel starts big on the expansion phase but drops off after that. The other ammo with the "screwdriver" shape has a large and consistent wound channel.

I believe the grooves displace fluid and material sharply to create the wound channel rather than expanding. It appears to be effective.
>>
>>28044456
>not checking Shooting The Bull for his indepth series on best 380.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7_C6kNfjiA
>>
>>28046521
>mfw someone beat me to posting STB
>>
>>28044456
is this the new RIP round?
>>
>>28046574
I don't get it
>>
>>28046631
then you have ousted yourself as a newfag and should lurk more.
>>
File: Screenshot-2015-10-15-17.21.32.png (531 KB, 499x696) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-2015-10-15-17.21.32.png
531 KB, 499x696
>>
>>28046120
You do know that those tears in the gelatin won't be there in actual meat, right?
>>
>>28047281
i'm interested to see testing on live tissue. anyone willing to cull a pig for science?
>>
>>28047565
high pressure water jets are used to cut a lot of stuff that's a lot tougher than flesh, if those divots can focus and direct that energy it's not entirely far-fetched for the ammo to cut via hydraulics creating a permanent, not temporary, wound cavity comparable to that of a hollowpoint.

sadly i can't find any live tissue testing, a shame since you don't even need to pick lead out of the meat afterwards to still be edible.
>>
>>28046661
No, I know about the rip and how useless it is, the difference is that this ammo is based on an already successful design. That's why I'm confused because you're so fucking stupid to assume this is like the rip in performance.
>>
>>28047278
Where can I get some sabots that fit drill bits?
>>
>>28047565
>>28047652
The concept isn't new and has been done repeatedly since at least the 70s. If it worked as well as they claimed then it would have gained popularity years ago instead of some ammo manufacturer trying it again every so often and people thinking it's a new concept.
>>
Meme ammo.
>>
It seems like it might be decent stuff. We're getting it in Canada soon. How much does it cost for meribros?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.