[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever accidently looked like an idiot when it comes to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1448840056568.jpg (45 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1448840056568.jpg
45 KB, 600x450
Have you ever accidently looked like an idiot when it comes to gun knowledge?
Like have you ever said or done the wrong thing and you know it was wrong, in front of others?
>>
Someone asked me what casings were made of and I said copper. I didn't realize I was being retarded until much later.
>>
Not really said the wrong thing factually but I said I think that Boberg handguns are too overly complicated right in front of Mrs. Boberg herself... Yeah, good times.
>>
I push my opinions on gun stuff (brands, models, calibers, etc...) as 'fact' on my noguns friends (some of whom are interested in getting into firearm ownership, and some of whom have already gotten into guns and have bought things I recommend etc...)

I would imagine some day if/when they talk to more people they'll realize that and there may be some backlash.

I didn't give intentionally 'bad' advice or anything, but I kinda shill for things I personally like and exaggerated about how bad things I didn't were.
>>
I've gotten BDUs and ACUs mixed up
>>
>>28040737
I thought the AIM 54 was semi active only
>>
>>28040737
I think everyone has had that moment.
The best thing you can do is be understanding of new gun owners
>>
My mind died on me when someone was talking about an AK hammer on here and I "corrected" them by telling them it had no hammer, those idiots. Somehow I thought no external hammer=no hammer.
>>
>>28040737
No because I'm not an arrogant prick who goes around correcting everybody. I also know how to keep my mouth shut about things I don't know too much about so there's that too.

/thread
>>
I called a bullpup a bullup for 16 years.

Why the fuck is it bullpup and not bullup?
>>
I called a magazine a clip and took a whole 1 second to correct myself.
>>
>>28043609
You are the worst tripfag to ever shitpost on this board and if you actually do own any guns I suggest you put the barrel of one of them in your mouth and pull the trigger
>>
>First time shooting a semi-auto, on a Scout trip
>Get the full briefing, paying as close attention as I can
>Scout leader walks me through loading the SKS (5 round strip)
>Range goes hot, I squeeze off first shot
>*BAM*
>Coming straight from a .22 bolt action, I'm a bit rattled by the recoil and report
>Totally forget that it's semi-auto
>Pull the bolt handle and a fresh cartridge flops out
>spaghetti.gif
>Pick it up and start fiddling to load it again
>Adult supervising us tells me to just leave it and shoot the rest of the mag
That's pretty much the worst of it. I also made myself look like an idiot a few times on /k/ when I was new.
>>
File: 1439318705308.png (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1439318705308.png
51 KB, 512x512
>some guy asks me if I'm shooting an ak47
>its an slr107
>tell him it's an akm because of the stamped reciever
>>
>>28044289
And become a liberal anti-fun statistic. Your funny.
>>
>>28040737
Generally it's the other way around. If I speak about a topic with any implied credibility, it means I know that topic by heart, if I don't know the topic by heart, I don't speak about it like I do.

I've corrected many people that were wrong right in front of people they were trying to be all gun savvy with, not out of any spite, I just have aspergers.
>>
>>28040737
I once saw a post about the Iver Johnson Enforcer and posted that the idiot had cut down an M1 Carbine.

Up to that point I had no idea that that weapon had existed.
>>
I like going on the police shooting/self defense shooting threads and say that they should've fired some warning shots before actually shooting the person, guaranteed replies every time
>>
>>28040737
today i asked an older guy at the gun store if he knew anything about steel core rifle ammo becoming legal in our state.
soon after he asked why i would need steel core ammo.
i sort of choked and ended up using the "for the range" "it'd be cool" excuse.
i could feel the spaghetti falling out of my pockets...to make it worse i fumbled putting the bolt back in a century ak i was looking at.
>>
>>28040737

I once called a mag a clip.

I am ashamed.
>>
>>28041011
Sounds like shit everyone ever has done at one point or another. I tend to give firearms advice and recommendations based on things I own and like or like and want to own/will own in the future as well. Everybody shills.
>>
>>28040737
At a big 5 I was looking at a yugo Mauser with my dad and he asked me what it was chambered in
I completely forgot what 8mm was and the nice lady had to remind me
>>
>>28044472

hanging yourself is also an option
>>
>>28044289
Agreed m8. This nigger needs to go.
>>28043609
Hey said nigger, go over to /pol/ if cancerous shit posting is your thing (which from seeing the garbage you've posted in this and other threads it is) then you'll fit right in there and then you have a place you belong and we here at /k/ don't have to deal with you.
>>
>>28040809
But doesn't brass contain copper? Wouldn't that mean you're half right?
>>
>>28044837
HOW DO YOU MAKE BRASS?
>>
>>28044543
i swear i should just leave a place for awhile after spaghetti falling out and with guns around.

i once fumbled with a mosin bolt at a gunshow because of it.
>>
Fudd here,
After a round of clays, I like to annonce to all withon earshot "I need to get more bullets."

Amongst the too tacticool for you crowd, i intentionally call detachable magazines "Clips".

Ive been around guns and shooting all my life, and love to fuck with pendantic asshole know-it-alls. Especially after I outshoot them.
>>
>>28044877
Add copper dumbass

>>28044590
It's not shit-posting if it's right nigger. Fact yourself before you fuck yourself.
>>
File: CZ_52_pistol.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1755) Image search: [Google]
CZ_52_pistol.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1755
>have you ever said or done the wrong thing and you know it was wrong, in front of others?

I like to shoot the Tok or the 357 in my living room and sometimes down the hall when my roommates making noise. Does that count? Pic unrelated.
>>
>>28045861
Nice
>>
When I was a nofuns I once said all handguns were 9mm and all magnums were 45.. I played tpo much resident evil
>>
>>28045861
Pics of wall with timestamp feggit.
>>
>friend has beautiful rifles and reloads
>I'm always too gentle with the bolt and end up having to pick the hot casing out of the chamber
Every time he says "just fucken slam it open, we'll pick up the casings later" and every time I still pussy around with it.
>>
>>28043609
>tripfag
>not arrogant

also
>post does both things it claims you don't.
>>
>>28040737

Yes

Once was at a sporting goods store when I was 13 or so. My knowledge of guns was basically Vidya so when I saw a box I .50 AE I said "Cool, .50 American Express."

Another time not long ago I saw an old Colt AR-15 in a pawn store that had the Vietnam furniture on it and had no forward assist. I asked the guy behind the counter about it but I called it the forward release, twice, for some reason. Wasn't until out in the car my brother asked me why I was calling it that.

Lastly, last month I was looking at 1911s in the store. I don't really know if this is true or not, but my general belief is that a looser 1911 is generally more reliable than a tight 1911. I shared this belief with the guy behind the counter and he disagreed.
>>
File: Cosmoline.jpg (8 KB, 148x200) Image search: [Google]
Cosmoline.jpg
8 KB, 148x200
>>28044465
Does your rifle had this?
>>
>>28048270
Dude you were 13, its ok.

The ar thing, whatever forward assist, forward release w/es.

And the last thing is again, wtf ever bro they are handguns you're not going to bulls-eye a jap suicide bomber at 300 yards away with the thing.
You my friend are too hard on yourself.

Me, the worst thing I did was I was a 240b gunner and I fucking was so full of myself I set record disassembly reassembly times for my troop, but when I fucking put the ammo in I put it in links down, like a fucking dipshit.
>>
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 379x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 379x480
I was at the range and didn't realize steel core was banned, so the RO comes up to me asking me to use a different ammo and I asked if HP was steel cored
>>
At gun show, talking to gf about getting her some dry fire practice ammo like thingies, I forgot their name, look over at some colorfull reloads and keep talking about how you identify the fake boolitz by their color and they are about $15 for a set of 6.
Guy obviously overhearing literally runs away giggling with a huge grin on his face.
Mfw he thought I was calling the table full of 6 round reload baggies fake bullets.....
>>
I was talking with a professor about gun laws and I mistakenly said that GL aren't regulated within the US as they have a use (I said they were flare launchers), and I didn't realize that what I had read was that the 37mm novelty launchers are unregulated.

What I had said was that while the launcher itself isn't regulated the rounds themselves being destructive devices are regulated heavily.

Turns out I was wrong, so I corrected myself the next time I saw him.
>>
>>28044877
copper and tin, pleb.
>He's never smelted in WoW
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.