[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would copeara work in a fight or does it only work in the dance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
would copeara work in a fight or does it only work in the dance floor

is it retarded as it looks ?
>>
it'll work in a fight if the other person is unable to adapt to it because it's so unlike anything else. niggers be all jumping and spinning on the floor and doing somersault kicks and shit that you don't normally expect.

with that said it's very wasteful energywise and has a lot of openings unless you're some sort of capoeira master
>>
>>28038381
Yes it is as retarded as it looks.

>inb4 some capoeira guy says his instructor beat up 5 guys at once.
>>
>>28038381
>>>/asp/
/asp/ is the martial arts board.

Ignore the mandrama though.
>>
>>28038401
i go to asp they tell me this is fighting this is more weapons related and get told to go to /k/

now i am here i get told to go to asp

so where do i go?
>>
>>28038425
>nobody wants anything on their board
I never understood this shit.
>>
>>28038425
you go nowhere because capoeira is dumb in a fight. sure looks cool in the roda. you watch a capoeirist (whatever the fuck you call them) in an actual fight and they play a lot more conservative to the point it's not even what people will think when you say capoeira.
>>
>>28038381
>would copeara work in a fight
Maybe.
>would a real martial art work better
Yes.
>would a gun work even better
19/20 times.
>>
>>28038381
If you're really good at landing the kicks you can fuck people up who don't understand what you're doing. The whole art provides like one or two practical tools, it's not really worth the time investment to train in it as a whole unless you enjoy it. It is worth the time investment to train to defeat it or just to train those kicks that work so you have that in your toolbox.
You're still going to need a solid base in kickboxing and BJJ with takedowns/wrestling/judo to be competitive.
>>
>>28038381
>Capoeira
Meme sport that keeps to itself because it's not supposed to be compared to viable self defense skills like knife wielding, Kung Fu, Karate, etc.
>>
>>28038381
using strict forms of any martial art in combat is silly. what you would use is the agility and reflexes you honed.

I like capoeira, but mostly as an exercise form and a way to let off some steam.

Nah bro, Judo/BJJ + Muay Thai/Kickboxing is the way to go for your basics.
>>
>>28038381
It looks fun, most youtube level fights are just first strike into ground and pound, enjoy your massive head trauma because people don't care anymore. Nice 10 years of Karate Kenpo only to get sucker punched by some dirty nigger.

1) Capoeria involves training on not getting hit which is lifesaving these days, supposing you evade the first strike then put down your counter

2) It involves a lot of techniques when you are restrained which is nice for vs. police or vs. a joint locking fighter - which actually are the most popular arts now

3) You will gain nice flexibility and overall fitness from it

4) I can see this become a nice casual don't want to hurt anyone IRL art, you look hot to chicks, and possibly could learn some stuff that is practical in the exact world we're living in.

In a world where striking became better than grappling or locking I could see Capoeria being shitty but now in 2016 it could be a outside the box choice.
>>
>>28038392
my instructor only beat up 4 guys at once. I've beaten up 6 though.
>>
>>28038381
>copeara
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VSz3EpnDgs
>>
>>28038870
>posting a clip of an extra recording a movie scene from his phone
I hate this video.
>>
>>28038381
If the intention is not to get hit, you can learn that by running 15 minutes a day.

Otherwise learn boxing and/or learn being physically huge, and hope you don't get stabbed.

Most martial arts are great for enjoyment and physical/mental discipline yet inapplicable to real fighting situations. This is one of them.
>>
File: refernces.jpg (84 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
refernces.jpg
84 KB, 638x479
>>28038870
You do realize that this is from a movie, right? Movie is called 'Never Back Down', if you're interested.

I'm not saying that capoeira is great combat training, but that was staged. Here, have some capoeira knockouts from MMA to balance that idiocy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNYklGAr0Vg
>>
>>28038381
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq6TlH7ABkc
>>
>>28038381
It's a performance art. It has less to do with combat then a Tennessee Williams play. Attempting to use it in a fight would be a very bad idea.

>>28038389
The only people that would have trouble adapting to it would also have trouble to adapt to you simply running away.

>>28038478
Learning ballet would be more effective with those goals.
>>
What's with the karma sutra pose Op ?
>>
>>28038902
>It's a performance art. It has less to do with combat then a Tennessee Williams play. Attempting to use it in a fight would be a very bad idea.
why are there successful fighters that use it then?
>>
File: ura nage.gif (2 MB, 360x203) Image search: [Google]
ura nage.gif
2 MB, 360x203
Capoeira is shit.

If you want to learn how to fight, train a grappling art and a striking art. In order from best to worst, here's a fairly comprehensive list of good martial arts.

Grappling arts:
>Judo
>Wrestling
>BJJ
>Sambo

Striking arts:
>Muay Thai
>Boxing
>Kickboxing
>Kyokushin
>Sanshou

Alternatively, just train IPSC and carry a gun.
>>
>hurr durr muh arts muh style muh techniques
It's all a bunch of different bullshit words for the same damn thing, just fucking hit the guy.
>>
>>28038985
>why are there successful fighters that use it then?
Please name some. Also if it is so successful how come you never see it used in MMA fighting?
>>
>>28039620
literally couple posts above you
>>28038898
>>
>>28038381
Capoeira, like many other movement arts, can effectively train a lot of skills that would give you a strong edge in the fight. It can improve conditioning, flexibility, strength, spatial awareness, reaction time, and so on.

However, Capoeira specifically can train bad muscle memory; depending on what school you are studying and how advanced your practice is, you can learn habits that would drag you down in a fight.

I know a few serious martial artists who've gotten a lot of use out of capoeira training as an addition to Muay Thai and other more typical regimens. Pure Capoeira, however, is not so well adapted to either street fighting or MMA rules. Marcus Aurelio is very talented, but he's exceptional (Not to say that he's the best or even one of the best Capoeiristas currently practicing -- he just wants to be an MMA fighter more than they do).
>>
I'm pretty sure the other guy would just shoot or stab you if it was war. Or beat you to death with some blunt object that was nearby.
>>
>>>>/asp/
>>
Better off training yourself in something that's feasible in a standard 1v1 fight, like Muay Thai, Jiu Jitsu and Boxing.

Depending on your teacher/gym, Boxing will teach you to keep your hands high and chin low, which will eliminate like 80% of fights because cunts usualy just resort to throwing haymakers trying to get you to the ground or unconcious, and a high guard stops that shit, and it'll teach you to throw straights into their face. IIRC most people can only take 1-2 proper straight jabs to the nose/chin/eye area barefisted before running to serious brain/eyesight issues.

Muay Thai is a pretty brutal fist fighting style, I haven't really learned anything from it, but from what I've seen you can demolish people on the ground or on your feet with it.

Jiu Jitsu wants the fight to go to the ground so you can twist their ankle in 6 different ways that will stop them walking the same ever again.

To be honest, I'm just teaching myself straight rights, jabs, uppercuts and hooks while learning to keep my chin down and stop rotating my shoulders into jabs as a way of learning to fistfight. If it comes down to a 1v1 and I haven't been socked in the jaw from behind, I give myself a decent chance of landing a few jabs or a straight in his face before he properly closes in.
>>
>>28038451
Don't underestimate capoeira. In my hometown we had a group of bouncers who were all Brazilian capoeira fighters. Those guys were fucking hardcore. Murderers' faces, tall, strong, full of muscles, agile and fast as hell. You didn't want to fight them. They had probably grown up in the slums Rio or Sao Paolo and trained capoeira for fighting. If you train it as a dance or a physical exercise, you won't be able to use it in combat (but it's the same with all martial arts).
>>
Seems like the people that get screwed fighting against capoeira stay back, that advancing through their move would be a better strategy.

Also, I would bet that I could mag dump center mass as they danced.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.