[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you're looking at used firearms what, short of breaking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 053015_ak47.jpg (51 KB, 780x438) Image search: [Google]
053015_ak47.jpg
51 KB, 780x438
When you're looking at used firearms what, short of breaking it down on the counter, is the best way to inspect the bore? I want to prop a flashlight in the receiver and look down from the muzzle but done want the funstore guy to think I'm a moron, etc.
>Pic unrelated.
>>
He'll think you're a moron if you buy it without looking at it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with confirming the rifle is clear and then looking through it. After you confirm it is clear you're just looking down a pipe with swirls in it.
>>
>>28037091

Dude people at a gun store should expect that. One time I was inspecting a used revolver and the guy behind the counter gave me a better flashlight than the one I was using.
>>
>>28037091
>caring what people you give money to think
dude, I bring this to every gun show and with me when i'm looking at used firearms. you dont need to field strip it, just work the action and shove a flash light down there.
>>28037801
ya, no ones ever said shit when i checked the timing on every cylinder
>>
File: bore light.jpg (38 KB, 880x660) Image search: [Google]
bore light.jpg
38 KB, 880x660
>>28037863
>>
I'm not sure how many times it has to be explained to the

>NEVER POINT A GUN AT SOMETHING YOU DON'T WANT TO SHOOT, EVEN IF IT'S UNLOADED, HAS NO FIRING PIN, EVERYONE IS WRAPPED IN KEVLAR, AND JESUS CAME DOWN HIMSELF AND TOLD YOU TO LOOK DOWN THE BARREL

crowd but simply clear the gun, don't take your eyes off of it to make sure no sneaky bullets jump in the gun real quick and look down the barrel to inspect the quality of the rifling. The funstore clerk will probably even give you a fancy flashlight when he sees you don't have your own
>>
>>28037875
SAFTYE NAZI GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
>>
>>28037091
You do realize basically every gun store, pawn shop that sells guns, etc. have bore lights that they'll let you use for this exact purpose, right?
>>
>>28037875
>Taking that literally and assuming other people do as well

That's some mighty fine 'tism you've got there, Anon.
>>
>>28037091
>can we go to the side so we can break it down?
>I want to see the internals
>???
>profit
>>
>>28037091
Old school method: stick your thumb in the breech so that the ambient light reflects off of your thumbnail, illuminating the bore while you look down the muzzle.
>>
>>28037091
Seriously, I break it down on the counter. I don't give a flying fuck what the counter clerk thinks.

One time, as I started to break down a pistol, they asked me not to. I stopped, reassembled, handed it to the man, and walked out without saying a word.

They haven't asked me not to inspect my potential purchases since then.
>>
I take shit apart in the fun store all the time, even when I'm not buying anything.

Of course it probably helps that I've spent like 2-3 thousand in that store
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.