[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did anyone on here buy a complete or parts kit ak from psa?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: PSA-AK47-buildkits.jpg (53 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
PSA-AK47-buildkits.jpg
53 KB, 600x300
did anyone on here buy a complete or parts kit ak from psa?
>>
>>28033193

If I didn't already have a WASR, I would have.

IF they ever drop a 5.45 version, I will get that mufugga.
>>
they seem to have been out of stock forever
>>
>>28033193
>>28033217
They seem to be have been out of stock forever because there most likely stopping production on them, made of cast Korean parts and badly headspaced barrels as well as missing parts in a lot of the kits. Look at the akfiles for more info, the guns are fucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (4 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4 MB, 3264x2448
I bought the receiver with barrel and bolt, pic related, finally got to shoot it today and oh boy.

Failures everywhere, I'm just hoping it needs to be broken in and oiled to fuck.
>>
>building an AK
Why even. AK building requires a fuckload of effort. If you aren't buying a complete receiver you'll have to get a hydraulic press, which you'll never use for anything else.
>>
>>28033681

>I CAN'T LOOK AT AN IMAGE, GUISE

That's the idea behind the PSA builder kits. The barrel and receiver are finished & waiting for the guts, furniture & dust cover.
>>
>>28033193
It's a piece of trash.

I put mine together with some surplus parts and a balkan stock set. It'll be on armslist shortly. Finish is so bad it makes the balkan wood look like finely crafted stuff.

Mine was so fucked the handguard retainer wouldn't even function. I cut it off and put on a bolt on retainer.

I'm not even brave enough to shoot that cast trunion piece of garbage. Bought a Polish AK form Atlantic to be my "first AK" because as far as I'm concerned my PSA purchase never happened and I'm trying to scrub it from memory.

BTW love the AR I built from them a few years ago so not a PSA hater by any stretch. That AK is an abortion though.
>>
PSA like most US manufacturers took a fat shit on their first attempt at an AK
>>
US built AK's are garbage avoid them.
>>
File: I_m_too_gay_for_this_shit.jpg (37 KB, 461x424) Image search: [Google]
I_m_too_gay_for_this_shit.jpg
37 KB, 461x424
>>28036403
I mean you're fucking wrong, but whatever
>>
>>28033193

I did, posted a parts thread a while ago. Cast everything, including the op rod and trunnions and shit. needs to be drowned in lube to work properly. sold it quick. dont fucking buy these.
>>
I was really hoping these would be good. I love my PSA AR, and I really like the idea behind these build kits. Oh well, glad I waited for reviews before I bought one.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.