[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thinking of getting a compact pistol. >sub compact is too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Kel-Tec-P-11.jpg (83 KB, 650x577) Image search: [Google]
Kel-Tec-P-11.jpg
83 KB, 650x577
thinking of getting a compact pistol.

>sub compact is too small but i can deal with it
>standard is too big

id like 7-15 round mag capacity in 9mm, for under 400 usd, im looking at the glock 19, ruger lc9, and the kel tec PF9.

what would /k/ recommend? also im not interested in revolvers because i think mag capacity is king, unless /k/ can help me find a small .357 mag for under 400.

basically i need a pistol smaller than a standard size with a relatively high mag capacity in 9mm, unless its a .367 mag for under 400.

thanks anons
>>
I carry a keltec p11. Its accurate, cheap & durable. I dont wanna be out of anymore than a $300 pistol after its confiscated after a DGU resisting Dindu trying to culturally enrich me.
>>
With those options in mind the glock 19 is leaps and bounds above the rest. Slightly more difficult due to double stack frame but by the the most simple, reliable, easy to repair and also holds the largest aftermarket. With the right holds aND shirt choices the double stack frame can easily dissappear also
>>
>>28030388
>glock 19, ruger lc9
If you can comfortably conceal the Glock 19 as easily as the Ruger LC9, then the choice is rather obvious. Also, I've heard the LC9 can be somewhat snappy due to how light it is, and Kek Tek guns are worse, so if you do want a slimmer subcompact 9mm you might want to look elsewhere (M&P Shield is available at that price point)
>>
File: IMG_20151124_155336.jpg (3 MB, 2605x2604) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151124_155336.jpg
3 MB, 2605x2604
>>28030476

Also I got my gen3 19 for "used" (from what I could tell it was barely fired) for $412 at cabelas. 2k trouble free rounds since then ( 1 stovepipe that I attribute to a limp wrist of a new shooter)

Pic related. my gawk fortay problem solva
>>
>>28030388
Smith and Wesson shield, been hearing good things about walther pps but I carry the shield when I'm not carrying my uspc and i enjoy it
>>
>>28030498

Excellent points. I had a PF9 for a stint and they are much harder to shoot well. Also unfortable to just go plinking with
>>
File: BEST EDC (Large).jpg (149 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
BEST EDC (Large).jpg
149 KB, 1440x1080
>>28030388
I have a P11.

I bought it when my 1911 was at the gunsmith as something to pocket carry. I was a student and didn't have much cash

Absolute piece of shit.
>shit tier 50 pound trigger pull with 5" of travel
>plastic sights
However, it was perfectly reliable for the 150 rounds I put through it.

Nail in the coffin: the fucking front sight fell out when I was pocket carrying it.

Better than nothing if you're poor as shit, I guess
>>
>>28030532

>trigger pull and weight

dropped.

thanks anon.
>>
File: ianccw.gif (4 MB, 309x265) Image search: [Google]
ianccw.gif
4 MB, 309x265
>>28030498

where is the safety on the ruger?

>im left handed so glocks really appeal to me
>>
>>28030660
The M&P Shield can be had without the safety.
http://tooeleshootingsupply.com/shop/smith-wesson-mp-shield-9mm-pistol-thumb-safety-3-1-barrel-black-7-8-round-mags-smith-wesson-10035/
>>
>>28030704

does that mean theres no safety at all on the gun?

the shield is starting to appeal to me.

>the best safety is between your ears
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.