[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me why I should or should not open carry /k/.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 723x691) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 723x691
Tell me why I should or should not open carry /k/.
>>
>>28030173
because you base some life decisions on a random message board i don't think you should carry a weapon at all.
>>
Do it faggot
>>
Rifle while wearing anything but hunting gear?
No.

Handgun? Sure, just don't dress like a nigger.
>>
If CC is an option, then OC is exclusively for autists to take pictures of themselves in coffee shops. If CC is not available, then OC if you want I guess.
>>
>>28030173

Open carry would increase the chance you get shot in the relatively unlikely scenario that someone is going to start shooting before you notice and decides to shoot the obviously armed person first.

However, hip carrying is a pretty top tier and quick drawing position, and it makes nogunz faggots uncomfortable and upset, which you could consider a plus.
>>
>>28030421

You don't even need to have a fucking gun anymore to make liberals upset.

I went in a supermarket to buy fucking pies last weekend for my family's early Thanksgiving lunch with my binocular carry case on my belt, and this blue-haired skanky braided leg-hair looking hippy degenerate bitch started following me chanting about how I can't bring that in here, and shrieking that I have a gun.
>>
>>28030173
Depends on environment:
Rural: You are carrying a working gun and there is no issue.
Urban: You are an attention-starved faggot who is hurting the cause.
>>
>>28031124

>implying I'm going to inconvenience myself so no gun libruls can feel better

I'm going to legally exercise my right to open carry and the sound of people getting butthurt about it just makes it better
>>
>>28030485

I'll bite. Why do you carry binos on your person?
>>
Depending on where you are and your ammount of free time and money, getting a CC permit can simply just not be an option for you. If you can get it, I'd recommend it.

OC does have advantages like ease of access and decreased time to draw, but soccermoms and coffee shop types may or may not get uppity. CC doesn't attract attention if you do it right, but you have to actually keep it hidden on you and not be a fucking schmo about it. (Don't carry shit that's gonna leave noticeable bulges)
>>
File: how to open carry.png (500 KB, 621x553) Image search: [Google]
how to open carry.png
500 KB, 621x553
>>28030173
>>
>>28031454
Dress like the guys on the right and people will assume you're a detective or some shit most of the time.
>>
>>28031206

Not worried about butt flustered soccer moms, but they'll call the cops in a heartbeat and try to say you were brandishing.
>>
>>28031476

Exactly what I was going to say. It's amazing how wearing the expected clothing and behaving like you belong somewhere will make you invisible to most people.
>>
>cc handgun
You are a criminal
>oc handgun
You are a cop
>oc rifle
You are a good, upstanding citizen
>cc rifle
You are a big guy for me
>>
>>28030173
>why you should not open carry
tactical advantage
>why you should open carry
comfortable

if weather permits a jacket there is little reason not to conceal
>>
>>28030421
>Open carry would increase the chance you get shot
Has this ever actually happened?

Considering every mass shooting but one in the last fucking forever has happened in a no guns zone, I don't think this is a valid concern.

What I want to see are incidents of defensive gun uses by open carriers versus concealed carriers. I bet it's a whole hell of a lot smaller (probably because less people open carry, but still)

For the far more likely scenario of being mugged or assaulted, an openly carried firearm (coupled with some damn situational awareness) is an excellent deterrent. Criminals are criminals because it's easy for them, the last thing they want to do is try to rob the one obviously armed guy on the block.
>>
File: image.jpg (158 KB, 1080x1020) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
158 KB, 1080x1020
>>28030173
Women and guys who look like girls are in danger of being raped so they should OC.

OC is only for those groups or someone going hunting
>>
>>28031593
There has yet to be a scenario where the shooter has been stopped by anybody but law enforcement or suicide.
>>
>>28031434
Birdwatcher/trainspotter?
>>
>>28031633
>suicide induced by opposition from a ccw holder
Ftfy
>>
>>28031686
[citation needed]
>>
File: 2015.gif (16 KB, 676x509) Image search: [Google]
2015.gif
16 KB, 676x509
>Not living in a state that has Constitutional Carry
>Not being able to switch between OC/CC as your mood suits

Must suck to live in some liberal shithole.
>>
>>28031633
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/10/03/do-civilians-with-guns-ever-stop-mass-shootings/

The fucking WASHINGTON POST can give nine examples of mass shootings in progress stopped by concealed carriers. Step your fucking game up, retard.
>>
>>28031730
Volokh is not even remotely the Washington Post.
>>
File: 1421940586467.jpg (73 KB, 800x598) Image search: [Google]
1421940586467.jpg
73 KB, 800x598
>>28030191
>>
>>28031741
They let him post on their site, or mirrored his post.

Either way, there's nine examples of that guy being fucking wrong, spouting off his absolutes with his proud little half shut faggot eyes like he's won the race when he took off in the wrong damn direction to begin with
>>
File: 1410118805308.jpg (39 KB, 848x480) Image search: [Google]
1410118805308.jpg
39 KB, 848x480
>>28031633
Mass shootings don't count as such if not enough people die.
>>
>>28031761
None of that justifies urban OC.
>>
>>28032183
Good thing it doesn't need to be fucking justified

That article shoots down the one reason that anon gave for it being unacceptable. If there are no arguments showing it's unacceptable besides "W-well I don't want to piss anyone off ehehe" then you can fuck right off, because there very well may be a real benefit of deterrence to having your weapon on display.
>>
>>28032233
>Fuck being part of society!
>>
>>28032288
I don't think you know what that means
>>
>>28030173
For EDC? Element of surprise offered by CC is invaluable.

For heading out to the range? I OC a rifle while walking through town all the time. It bugs the shit out of some people, but fuck them.
>>
>>28031476
>>28031551

I carry a K frame in a shoulder holster and dress in business casual 90% of the time.

I usually keep a jacket on but if I need to take it off, any comments or stares are usually along the lines of "How cool!"

Presentation.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.