[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get my class 3 guard card in Texas and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 1004x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 1004x353
I'm trying to get my class 3 guard card in Texas and I have to qualify with a handgun and a 12gauge. What is a good shotgun to go out and buy for security guard purposes? I was thinking the Nova but shotguns as a whole are a relitive unknown for me.

>>>http://www.benelliusa.com/nova-tactical-shotgun
>>
File: 1374332134089.jpg (411 KB, 2500x1875) Image search: [Google]
1374332134089.jpg
411 KB, 2500x1875
>>28029824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW6-4WJrbyg

Here is excellent video on it

Currently considering:
Super nova
beneli m2
Mossberg 590a1
>>
>>28029845
What do you look for when buying a combat shotgun?
>>
>>28029856
Price.
It's literally limited only by what you want to spend and what features you want. A Maverick 88 will do everything a Benelli or Browning can hope to do, just without the style. For combat, you might want some adjustable sights for when you have to throw slugs. Smooth bore 18 inch barrel with changable choke tubes. I like ones that take remington style chokes as they are very available. Pump guns cycle pretty much everything if you aren't short jacking including less-lethal.
>>
I recently bought a winchester sxp abd really like it. Defintaly something to be considerd for that price point
>>
>Wilson Combat makes some great shotguns.
Higher tolerances than standard, and I imagine if you plan to use it for your job you can likely justify a higher investment.

If you don't like the price tag on that, check out the
>mossberg 500 or 590,
or
>remington 870
>>
Can't go wrong with a supernova OP.
>>
I used my 590SP with a side saddle and kicked ass. Also, it should be noted that my instructor didn't let us use semi autos
>>
>>28029845
I have a Benelli M2. You need to put many rounds of buckshot through it to break it in. Make sure it's lubed thoroughly too.
>>
File: A1_GUN982.jpg (46 KB, 600x198) Image search: [Google]
A1_GUN982.jpg
46 KB, 600x198
Hawk 982 Seems to be a great bang for the buck, I got one and I am quite satisfied with it.

870 Clone for $200 ain't to bad of a deal, can take most 870 aftermarket parts too.
>>
>>28033604

I second this. I bought one back when I was completely broke and lived in niggerville. Shot like a champ, and if it ever got stolen I wouldn't have been too butthurt about it.
>>
File: Hawk_pump_std.jpg (14 KB, 650x182) Image search: [Google]
Hawk_pump_std.jpg
14 KB, 650x182
Best part about the damn thing, actual fucking sights... that's what sold me. I'm glad I am not the only one who bought the thing. I love laughing when people wince at it when I say "It's a chinese shotgun" and I explain to them it's the same one from BF4 then they say I am lying.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 640x400
Stevens 320 from savage arms. You can get them for $200 or less.
>>
File: KELTEC_KSG.jpg (10 KB, 535x168) Image search: [Google]
KELTEC_KSG.jpg
10 KB, 535x168
Pic related

>7 slugs in one tube
>7 shells of buckshot in the other
>extremely compact
>>
File: 20151124_233344.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20151124_233344.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>28030638
Wilson combats are ummm.....Remingtons with aftermarket parts.......yeah...
>>
>>28029824
I love my benelli nova tactical. I am not sure if my personal thoughts matter much.
>>
>>28029824
>>tfw I work security over in /k/ommiefornia. I work in a hospital so carrying isn't allowed (even though we get to fight people a lot more often than any post that does carry). We had tasers but some dipshit tased a guy during a code secure (kidnapping) obviously the parents weren't too thrilled and now we're all unarmed.
Kinda unrelated but first time I've seen security carry shotguns
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.