[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in dire need of a gun safe, I've got $500 to spend,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 20151127_071821-1.jpg (3 MB, 2385x2097) Image search: [Google]
20151127_071821-1.jpg
3 MB, 2385x2097
I'm in dire need of a gun safe, I've got $500 to spend, any recommendations? I have two scoped rim fire rifles, two AR's, one with an aimpoint pro, a shotgun, and about 10 pistols. Of course I need room to grow.

Pic unrelated, just what I picked up black Friday
>>
>>28029692
i'm gonna spend 4-500 and make a locking wooden bed frame/gun cabinet
>>
>>28029810
Sounds neat, if I was planning on keeping my current bed frame, I'd like to do something like that.
>>
Let's see some gun safes /k/
>>
>>28029692
I'm in the same boat... I have a few more long guns though... ARs/AKs take up a crap load of space. :(
>>
>>28029692
How is the lc9s? I use a cheap stackon and have it bolted down so no one can run with it, its not going to protect your guns by any means and its easy to cut open but it keeps kids out and its cheap
, there are plenty of options upwards of 500 but I don't consider any of my guns an investment so I don't really care if I lose them all sans my nugget and AK and they are next to the bed at all times. How is the lc9s compared to the shield?
>>
>>28030020
No joke, I use an armoire right now and those 5 long guns take up half the space
>>
This has my eye. About $350

https://www.stack-on.com/categories/security-cabinets-gun-cabinets/products/63

Don't really care about fire/issues like that. That is what homeowner's insurance is for.
>>
I got the stack-on safe from walmart. dial lock and 16 gun. It sure wouldn't comfortably fit 16 guns, but it's enough for me. Personally, I wouldn't get a gun cabinet nor would I get anything with electronics or keys.
>>
>>28030098
I have one of their 10 gun models? It's pretty good but if you live in a humid place stack up on dessicant, I get these packs from Walmart they like $3 a pop and come in these plastic containers that are split up, on top is the beads, and on bottom is the moisture they collect, they work good and work for months,
>>
>>28030112
I figure most thieving bastards are looking for the smash and grab. A bolted down cabinet that give them 15 minutes of trouble to get into is going to be deterrent enough.
>>
>>28030059
Between those 3 and a Walther pps, which I also own, I like my pps the best, but the lc9s is my second favorite. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the shield yet though, but from dry firing alone, I prefer the lc9s over it. The trigger on the lc9s is by far the best of the 4, however it suffers from heavier recoil because it's the lightest and smallest, and the sights are just ok. Overall it's an excellent little carry gun.
>>
>>28030138
and if not, report your shit stolen and file an insurance claim.
>>
I got a 24 (I think) steel locking gun cabinet from Walmart for under $300 shipped to my door. I want a safe but didn't have like over $1000 to spend, so this works and keeps them locked up and I'm a centralized location. Kinda cramped but it works.
>>
>>28030145
Thanks bud,
>>
>>28030152
In** not I'm.
>>
>>28030059
I have an lc9s and that trigger is nicer than my glock or many other handguns I've shot
>>
>>28030152
Got a link for something like that?

>>28030157
No problem

>>28030098
I've heard a lot of people bash stack on, are they really that bad?
>>
>>28030181
The trigger was the main reason I bought it, it's ALMOST comparable to the Walther PPQ trigger
>>
>>28030193
It's not a safe. If you have the expectation when buy it, you will not be disappointed. It is a security cabinet. Keeps honest and slightly dis-honest people honest.

If someone wants in and they have the time/tools, they are going to get in. Right now my bang sticks are all piled up on the floor in a spare room. lol
>>
>>28030238
I see, I could probably live with that then.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 480x480
Sell some guns and get a Sturdy Safe
>>
http://gunsafereviewsguy.com/articles/myths-about-gun-safe-theft-protection/

buying a safe, for anything, is serious and difficult. do lots of research. look beyond your pre determined budget.

if your safe can be defeated by a fire axe then you must successfully disguise your safe and secure your own tools.

gage steel is not plate steel

>lol select all squares with turkeys
>>
>>28030146
check with your insurance before a theft. your provider my require certain prerequisites of your safe to accept your claim. and firearms can be a particular sticky situation.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.