[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
US officials confirm sixth Chinese hypersonic manoeuvring st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1646257_-_main.jpg (69 KB, 752x423) Image search: [Google]
1646257_-_main.jpg
69 KB, 752x423
US officials confirm sixth Chinese hypersonic manoeuvring strike vehicle test

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/china-again-tests-nuclear-hypersonic-missile/
http://www.janes.com/article/56282/us-officials-confirm-sixth-chinese-hypersonic-manoeuvring-strike-vehicle-test

Keypoints

>The DF-ZF/Wu-14 hypersonic glider moved with Mach 5 instead of Mach 10 as with the five previous tests. This indicates that the speed is variable and would also add to the counter-interception capability of this weapon. The two previous tests provided evidence of this weapon's ability to perform 'extreme manoeuvers' and 'evasive action' at the speeds of Mach 10.

>The possible launch-vehicle was identified to be the Kuaizhou-1/2 series of solid-fuel fast response ORS space rockets, using a military-grade road-mobile TEL (pic related).

>According to the US analysts, the fact that this is already the 6th test since early 2014, indicates that the DF-ZF is a very high priority weapon for China, and that we can expect an accelerated development. According to Richard Fisher, China could deploy this weapon by 2020.
>>
File: Qian Xusen.jpg (28 KB, 500x327) Image search: [Google]
Qian Xusen.jpg
28 KB, 500x327
Daddy Qian would be proud.
>>
On an unrelated matter, Chinese scientists recently theorized that it is possible to communicate through a plasma sheath by using the plasma sheath as part of the antenna circuit. It's a very clever idea. In the past, everyone has been trying to brute force it and punch through the plasma sheath. Instead, the Chinese scientists decided to co-opt the plasma sheath for communication. This is a new idea that no one had thought of before.
>>
File: WU-14_HGV.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WU-14_HGV.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
Needless to say, America's gunna die.
>>
So I just fed my baby some formula without melamine. Isn't that nice?
>>
Impressive.

China truly will become the only superpower. I hope America will not steal the design they cannot be trusted
>>
>>28028721
>>28028725
>>28029354
I mean, 0.5RMB is really very little. Why not get a decent job instead?
>>
A DF-ZF hypersonic glide vehicle cannot be stopped by a laser. There are two reasons. Firstly, a laser has a limited range of a few miles in the dense lower atmosphere. The energy is bled away when the air molecules are lased and starts rising. Cooler air molecules take their place and keeps bleeding away the energy.

Secondly, a DF-ZF HGV travels hypersonically. This means it has a glowing plasma sheath. The plasma sheath is comprised of ionized particles that will keep dispersing a laser due to chaotic refraction caused by differing density (which continuously fluctuates due to temperature variation and air flow throughout the plasma sheath and layer density variations dependent on the distance from the surface of the warhead). Also, the gas atoms (such as oxygen, nitrogen, and others) will disperse the laser light energy in different directions. This makes it impossible to focus the laser light energy on one spot to burn through the warhead.
>>
>>28029365
These threads are made by autists to bait other autists.

I wouldn't recommend replying to them.

Maybe post a source shitting on the PLA?
For example
http://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_reports/RR800/RR893/RAND_RR893.pdf
>>
America is sooo dead.
>>
File: 1446132215000.jpg (66 KB, 643x960) Image search: [Google]
1446132215000.jpg
66 KB, 643x960
>>28029545
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/1883071/china-hits-launch-button-massive-pla-shake

>The Post reported in early September that a sweeping overhaul of the PLA would phase out its Soviet-style command structures in favour of a US-style model. The army’s seven military command regions would be consolidated into four in a massive drive to transform the world’s biggest army into a nimble, modern force on par with the best of the West.

We high-speed low-drag now.
>>
>>28029460

I'm not so sure that's true... The DoD has already said that it's lasers will eventually be used against ICBM's, ASBM's, and so on, and I have no reason to doubt them.

Also, what kind of laser are you talking about? Gas? Chemical? Solid State?
>>
>>28029702
DF-ZF is traveling within the admosphere, which would make laser shootdown pretty hard due to the plama sheath and air-molecules.

ICBMs are easier to be intercepted, since they are flying in space, where air-friction isnt a concern.
>>
>>28029722
> Less-powerful lasers—that is, lasers with beam powers measured in kilowatts (kW) rather than megawatts (MW)—can have less effectiveness against targets that incorporate shielding, ablative material, or highly reflective surfaces, or that rotate rapidly (so that the laser spot does not remain continuously on a single location on the target’s surface) or tumble.

>Lasers with power levels in the megawatts could have greater ability for countering targets mentioned above—including supersonic ASCMs and ballistic missiles

The navy really seems confident that it's MW laser has a chance of countering threats like the DF-ZF, but the laser, with a predicted range of 10 nautical miles, would really be one of the navy's last lines of defense.
Also why bring up ICBMs being easier to intercept in space? We're talking about lasers and if it's space the laser would hardly affect it due to the atmosphere.
>>
>>28029365
Why would I do that when I can literally get paid to browse 4chan instead?
>>
>amerikkka strong
>at printing dollars and steal oil
g-d bless israel
>>
Another target to shoot at.

Probably bring back nuclear tipped SAMs.
>>
>>28033304
That feel when AIM-54s might have carried nuclear warheads.
>>
>>28028711
That's my fetish.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.