[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have been trying to get rid of my hi-point 40 cal carbine with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: s7_290816_714_01.jpg (7 KB, 400x118) Image search: [Google]
s7_290816_714_01.jpg
7 KB, 400x118
I have been trying to get rid of my hi-point 40 cal carbine with red dot sight and muzzle brake. I was selling it for $200 and pretty much like new shape. I could hit beer cans out to about 50 yards with it which surprised me. I had a guy show up to look at it and he offered a trade instead of the cash. It was a Star PD in .45 ACP 6+1 semi auto pistol After we both fired the guns, we shook hands and traded. I don't know a lot about Star firearms and I've learned I need to replace the buffer on it every 1000 rounds or so, which it doesn't seem hard to find those. Would you say I made out better in the deal or he did? Or about equal? I really love this compact little 45 and it shoots great and is accurate. But all that can be said about my cheap little carbine I traded away, as well.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>28028512
If the pistol is in good condition and has been maintained properly.
Inspect it everywhere, apparently their frames have a tendency to crack.
Pretty interesting though.
>>
>>28028613
Every where I have checked seems fine. It does have a cut in the frame that is put there by the manufacturer that some people misdiagnose as a cracked frame but it's to help with frame flex and is suppose to be there. But even the recoil buffer is in good shape still on this one, for now. I'm going to order a 10 pack of the buffers just to be on the safe side but it's hard finding good prices on these pistols. I was asking $200 and I see the handguns go for $250-$500 pretty much so I do think I made a good trade on my part. I only fired around 30 rounds yesterday but today going to do around 250 and see how it does but it's been cleaned/lubed and inspected now.
>>
>>28028613
Also along with the handgun he gave me a heavy bag of stuff that absorbs moisture because I was telling him I'm having a rusting issue because of humidity and stuff which was super nice of him.
>>
It's probably beat to shit. Those are old as guns and it probably hasn't been maintained well. You also sold a very reliable firearm that worked for basically a shitty gun. Value wise it's a wash because a hi point carbine isn't worth much but you got screwed on every other metric.

Pics?
>>
File: abc.jpg (113 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
113 KB, 720x960
>>28028643
The bluing is off some by trigger guard but internals look good. This is the only photo I have of it for now. Also came with 100 rounds hollow points from a local gun shop
>>
>>28028643
Like I said in the 30 rounds I fired it had not one issue at all and today I plan on putting 250 rounds through it just to see for sure. It's also pretty accurate for being so small for a .45
>>
File: 1437084271704.jpg (25 KB, 600x436) Image search: [Google]
1437084271704.jpg
25 KB, 600x436
>>28028661
Yea, I would've kept the hi-point unless it was broken.
>>
>>28028673
The hi-point I really didn't use much. It had no real purpose for me. Mostly when friends and I would get together and shoot on weekends, they would shoot it and try out different hand loads for testing and stuff before using them in their handguns. That's why I wanted to get rid of it in the first place because I had no real purpose for it. This one if it proves reliable today is okay for glove box safety and not worrying about it getting beat up because the finish is not so great so I can make up a purpose for it. I think the trade was about even really but time will tell.
>>
Even in the end if I got the bad end of the deal it's both just cheap firearms so not that big of a deal I suppose. I just don't know a whole lot about the Star brand and the hi-point had no where to go in my truck really
>>
>>28028661
Polish it up and maybe reblue it. I don't care for the carbines so getting a 1911 style pistol is not bad in my books.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.