[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Semi-new anon here, quick question: Why are tripfags bad? On
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: m60_01.jpg (16 KB, 650x259) Image search: [Google]
m60_01.jpg
16 KB, 650x259
Semi-new anon here, quick question: Why are tripfags bad? On a anonymous website, some people may want the ability to be recognized when they post, what's the problem? Is it too much like leddit, does everything need to be anonymous, or is there something else? To keep it /k/ , what machine gun would you use to mow them down and what's it run for $$wise?

Pic related, the last m60 Ive seen went for 40k.
>>
>>28027864
For dedicated threads or OP discussion threads theyre okay, but there's always a fat handful of assholes who will shitposting with names/trips on and be generally insufferable.
Even when it's benign it can feel like you're trying to get attention for your name rather than your content.
>>
>>28027882
Gotcha, many thanks
>>
>>28027864
Not all of us are bad, and a lot try to actually help anons who have questions

>what mg to mow them down?

M2
>>
>>28027864
Who you are doesn't matter. Using a name/trip for no reason is extremely obnoxious.
>>
>>28027882
You can word anything to sound bad.
>>
>>28027864
They arent bad when theyre just running discussions in dedicated threads n such.

But once they reach meme status they become insufferable attention whores who just post the same dumb content over and over to pander to thier "fans" who are essentially just autistic highschoolers clapping because it makes them feel included. Plus it is inevitable that they end up dying or getting arrested.

A few are based but the majority just do it in the hopes that somebody will post a screen cap or share a pic they made so they can go "I DID THAT, HEY GUISE, GUISE, NO SERIOUSLY GUISE I MADE THAT. ARENT I SOOO FUNNY AND QUIRKY, WHAT WILL FAGGOT_MGEE*420LLDO NEXT!"

I'm serious about /k/'s tripfags being cursed too. The biggest tripfags seem end up in legal trouble or dead.
>>
When you post with a trip, you're creating something: an identity. In a place where we all value our anonymity, someone who uses a tripcode is most of the time simply trying to get attention, and that has no place here. Tripfags are no better than XDSORANDUM girls, they only want to be noticed, and to be frank, nigga i ain't yo senpai
>>
Tripfags, like the ones who got v& in MN are going to be the death of casual, non crazy gun owners. Just when you manage to convince your liberal antigun friend that the 2A gives the rights for blacks to defend themselves against tyrannical pigs and ergo not all gun owners are racist fucks, tripfags go out and do some unfunny IRL baneposting and reinforce that stereotype. Good Job faggots, this is why we cant have nice things!
>>
The whole purpose of an anonymous imageboard is that discussion is centered around the contents of the posts, not who is making them. Tripping runs completely contrary to that.

Its fine if you are some kind of expert posting in a thread about your area of expertise, or the OP of a thread where who OP is is relevant, but using them in every thread all the time is bad.
>>
because they are missing the point of an anonymous imageboard and 90% of them are faggots

the 10% that isn't is tolerable, but still faggots
I really wish they had just removed the option to trip, it would make this place so much better
>>
>>28027864
>Why are tripfags bad?

Because most of them are morons who trip for no reason. They also tend to complain when you bring up stupid stuff they've said in the past, which is pretty dumb considering that they're going out of their way to allow people to connect them to stuff they've said in the past.

RPK, and too damn much.
>>
>>28028772
>this
For instance, somebody creates a the trip Slavshit guy. Slavshit guy is a gunsmith who specializes in slavshit. It is acceptable for him to use his slavshit guy trip in slav threads. But now slavshit guy starts getting a reputation, and now that people give him attention he forgets that the trip slavshit guy was just a stamp certifying "this guy knows a lot about slavshit" and becomes deluded thinking that such recognition is an actual appreciation for the charecter he created and named slavshit guy. So now he starts popping up in random threads trying to do stuff that makes people say "oh slavshit guy's at it again, lol epic win, somebody screencap the famous slavshit guy up to his silly and quirky shennanigans"

But nobody does that, they call him a faggot and wish hed go away because he's derailing thier blackpowder cap and ball revolver thread with his retarded slavshit based shit posts.

THAT is how a tripfag moves from nobody cares to recognition progressing into "jesus fuck wont this attention whore give it a break"

For the most part tripfags dont suck until they are given recognition though.

Thats not to say there havent been based tripfags, but most either fall into the "nobody gives a fuck" or "jesus christ go away" category.

Then theres guys like mcniggerator or saigamarine who think it will just be SOOOOO FUCKIN /K/ to go to a high profile event with guns and a camera........
>>
On the subject of tripfags:
I tried to leave 4chan for about a year and failed. One of my favorite tripfags was oppenheimer, hed show up in nuclear weapons threads and tons of great knowledge on the subject. Anyhow I came back to /k/ about 5 months ago and everyone in nuclear threads makes references to how he left. What happened to oppenheimer? Just curious.
>>
File: 4ab.png (50 KB, 496x496) Image search: [Google]
4ab.png
50 KB, 496x496
>>
>>28028842

Similar to reaper guy; He still shows up occasionally for relevant threads. Some assholes tried to dox him and it scared him off for a while thoigh
>>
>>28028863
Another reason why tripfagging is bad.
Bored teenagers will take it as an invitation to stalk and harass you.
>>
>>28028863
Thats a shame. Hes the only tripfag I actually enjoyed having around.
>>
Some are cool. Some are just attention whores.
>>
>>28028876

In most instances I agree, but in some cases (on /sp/ and /mu/ especially) doxing is the only way to permenently get rid of some ban evading tripdouches that singlehandedly lower the quality of the board content
>>
>>28028498
You are the problem.
>>
>>28028880
He's still around. He's cancer nowadays since he'll show up in nuke threads to call people idiots, preceded and followed by tens of anons fellating his dick. He can't even be bothered to paste the roughly three obligatory nuke stock infoposts that made him actually worth taking notice off in the first place.
>>
LWMMG

No idea on price
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.