[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Found this bullet, probably a .45 on the street. My question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20151128_233521.jpg (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_233521.jpg
4 MB, 2448x3264
Found this bullet, probably a .45 on the street. My question is, based on the same you can see in pic, what or how did it come to rest the way it did with the damage it has?
>>
It was fired, and it looks like a glancing ricochet.
>>
File: IMG_20151128_233432.jpg (4 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151128_233432.jpg
4 MB, 2448x3264
Another
>>
It looks like most of the damage was caused from it getting run over by cars. I can't explain how it ended up in the street without a lot of deformation, though
>>
>>28027590
celebratory gunfire?
>>
>>28027590
FMJ bullets generally don't deform much if they hit something softer than themselves.
>>
>>28027615
Probably. paramount has people that would do that
>>
I think it got damaged by being shot. Its not deformed because .45 is a shit round with no power.
>>
>>28027432
yanked out of its casing by some pliers imo
>>
>>28027691
But striations?
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
That sure is a .45, with how heavy, strong and slow moving it is, the bullet isn't damaged as easily. This .45 I shot into a couple pine boards out of a 17" barrel, pretty soft target but .22 and 7.62x39 completely splintered apart. Although momentum is mass times velocity, momentum through high velocity and low mass, and vice versa have totally different effects.
As for your bullet, maybe someone fired inside of a house and the bullet escaped, and simply dropped and came to rest there. Maybe someone fired into the air and the bullet simply dropped on the ground, maybe some redneck spilled his reloading supplies, maybe some druggie was making brown brown, who knows?
Sorry for the ramble but there you go
>>
>>28027432
It was fired out of a gun then ran over by cars, obviously.
>>
>>28027733
>>28027801
But if it was fired, initially it hit something which would cause more damage than indicated. If it were shot straight up, the damage on impact would have destroyed it right?
>>
>>28028147
Not to the bullet no, it could have skidded or bounced off something at an angle which caused it to lose most it's power, if it was fired straight up it would just fall back to earth without enough speed to so much give someone a bruise
There's rifling marks on your bullet which means it was fired, and there are dents on it which means it had quite a bit of energy when it hit something
>>
>>28028147
There's such a thing as terminal velocity, yannow?
>>
>>28027691
nope it has straitions from the grooves
>>
>>28027661
>.45 is a shit round with no power.

>Shoot anon with a .45
>he bleeds to death saying

>.45 is a shit round with no power.

Dont act dum.
>>
>>28031733
A tripfag shot 5 people and even one with a gutshot lived. Clown caliber, m8.
>>
>>28031733
>.22 is a shit round with no power.

>Shoot anon with a .22

>.22 is a shit round with no power.

You can apply the same argument to just about any caliber capable of killing a person, it doesn't mean the caliber is actually effective, though.
>>
>>28027615

I vote celebratory gunfire as well.
>>
>>28027432
whether it was pulled from its case without being fired, or it was fired and was a ricochet or any number of things, I believe there is a very strong likelihood it did not actually happen on the street where you found it but rather fell into the street from someone's pickup truck after a day at the range.
Even a good chance it was lodged in their tire tread and was dislodged while driving.
>>
>>28032599
>kills people
>calls it ineffective

Is it just me or are you making yourself look like a complete idiot?
>>
>>28032810
Are you saying you would choose a weapon chambered in .22 for self defense?
>>
>>28032810
You can kill somebody with a fucking wiffle ball bat, doesn't mean it's particularly 'effective' or good at it
>>
File: g0p4TQo.png (366 KB, 555x504) Image search: [Google]
g0p4TQo.png
366 KB, 555x504
>>28032842
I think the word your looking for is efficient, not effective.

So he was right and you are an idiot.

L2dictionary
>>
>>28033107
Anon, why are you posting that reddit tier garbage here?
>>
>>28032599
>30mm DU is a shit round with no power

>Shoot anon with a 30mm DU

>30mm DU is a shit round with no power
Anyway, you're fucking retarded.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.