[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some things you do when shooting with friends? Do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: eagle.jpg (352 KB, 837x838) Image search: [Google]
eagle.jpg
352 KB, 837x838
What are some things you do when shooting with friends? Do you cover safety at the range or beforehand? And how do you handle ammo costs?
Taking a no-guns (as in doesn't own, never shot.) to the range Monday, not sure how to approach this.
>>
>>28027306

At the risk of sounding like a douche, I have always given a basic safety brief. Even when out innawoods camping. Stuff like which area is safe direction, ammo loading point, eyes and ear safety, rules on muzzle awareness, arc of fire,where the med-kit is, what is and is not a target and stuff.

Never had any non-gunz challenge or gripe about it. Most in fact seem pretty ok with it.

This is how I won over a very non-gunz cousin (super anti gun) when he finally came innawoods camping. He thought that we would be full retard drunk and blasting the fuck out of everything. (... although the drunk bit did happen later)
>>
>>28027306
>Holding eagle
>Can't tell if dead after being shot or alive
>Them smiling
>Dude in casual T-shirt in fucking sub 30 temperature
I hate this picture all together. I need context.
>>
>>28027396
brokeback mountain 2: spread eagle
>>
>>28027396
Rescued an eagle with its foot in a trap. It hung arounf until after the selfie,
>>
>>28027396
Canadians found an eagle in a trap, rescued it, took a selfie when the eagle was still docile, then let it go.
>>
I usually link them some articles and videos regarding gun safety. Like what to do in case of a jam or a hang fire and shit like that.

At the range I go through everything with them one at a time.

I ask them what they want to shoot and I place the order and have the noguns split the cost. If its coming out of my supply I add $2 per box.
>>
>>28027396

Doesn't look dead. Neck would be floppy and eyes halfway closed. That's a pretty typical expression for an irritated raptor (speaking from experience), it's just unhappy about being held.

As for the t-shirt, Northerners.
>>
>>28027396
http://nypost.com/2015/11/28/canadian-bros-save-eagle-snap-epic-selfie/
>>
>>28027396

The eagle is definitely alive.

That's their "let me go or I'll bite the shit out of you" face.
>>
>>28027306
Cover everything before they even touch a weapon. All four gun safety rules, and step them up in caliber. Give them a heads up of what to expect and how to properly hold everything you hand them. Don't be a spastic and expect them to pay for ammo on their first time out. Even if you bring a 500 SW, you chose to invite them and you brought the ammo.
>>
>>28027306
I also hunt bald eagles. Neat picture op
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.