[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is 25 too old to join the military?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 11388632451456.png (37 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
11388632451456.png
37 KB, 400x400
Is 25 too old to join the military?
>>
>>28026495
Nope.
>>
>>28026495
Nope, just be prepared to be frustrated and annoyed to no end at basic, ait, and as long as you live in barracks.

Because you will be surrounded by privates that are 18-22 years old and are fucking idiots. still acting like they are in high school. making every day of basic and ait, miserable. then you move into barracks and you could end up with a NCO younger than you. who will want to tell you how to live. even though he him self has only ever known life with his parents and in the army.
>>
>>28026548
The 21 year old NCO who are total retarded shit birds are fucking killing me.
>>
>>28026594
I just fucking hated it. Being a SPC for life because you have more titanium in your spine than bone. Thanks to all those deployments and the weigh of all that gear.

Get a nice strategic duty station finally. End up running a shop because all the NCOs left or never in the shop. Some new e5 who has never deployed shows up. Never done remotely similar work. younger, less time in service, doesn't know the MOS job, basic soldiering, or nco job. Just knew how to play the game to get promoted fast at his last strategic duty station.

wants to change the way I had the other SPC and privates doing things. changing my sgt's time training to the privates. telling me my 9x12 barracks room is too cluttered. when he lives in the BEQs which were 1 bedroom apartments.

I got the little prick back though. came across him drunk off base one saturday night. really stinking drunk. so I convinced him that the end of the line was the train station for our base. then I pick pocketed him. leaving him drunk, no wallet, no yen, no id, clear on the other side of tokyo. he didn't get back to base till after duty on that following monday. he was chased off the train at 0100. then he slept the booze off in a park till the police chased him away at dawn. then he took a few hours sunday morning to realize where he was. tried walking back along the train tracks. arrested by the police. held till monday morning when they finally bothered to call the army base. MPs go to pick him up. i had left his wallet on the street between base gate and train station. it was found and returned to the gate guards. He got a field grade art15 and went down to spc. I got to be in charge of the shop again, and in charge of him.
>>
>>28026954
The E-4 Mafia salutes you
>>
>>28026954
itt stories than never happened
>>
Not at all. From what I've seen, recruits that didn't just come straight from high school tend to have a better grasp and handle on things. Imo 20-23 is just about the ideal time to join. Older folks than that tend to more stern about things so as long as you keep an open mind, there shouldn't be too much to worry. Prepare for the occasion when an NCO straight from high school, age 19, with no actual life experiences or any real grasp on leadership, bosses you around and gives orders that may contradict any sense. That's the nature of the beast.

If you already have a degree, you should definitely go for the officer route. If you still want to try out enlisted, that's fine, mustangs are cool guys, there's more likely than not programs that help you transition to the officer route while enlisted. Many candidates are usually around the ages of 21-27 so you won't be too ostracized.

If age is ever a concern in joining the military, it's determining how well your body can take a beating from PT or combat. I remember I'm usually like "fuck it" with rolled ankles, sprained back, or shoulders. At 24, I still feel a little discomfort in my shoulders from an injury last Memorial day, which is already seven months ago. Best of luck.
>>
Not op but I'm considering joining. I'm 23 but I'm an alcoholic. Is dis bad?
>>
>>28026954
>leaving him drunk, no wallet, no yen, no id, clear on the other side of tokyo

If this is even remotely true, fuck you for brazenly endangering one of your own like that. Twat or not.
>>
File: lol wut.jpg (45 KB, 533x594) Image search: [Google]
lol wut.jpg
45 KB, 533x594
>>28027495

>endangering
>Tokyo
>>
File: 1338008828609.jpg (99 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1338008828609.jpg
99 KB, 640x480
>>28027524

>Implying the retard microwave NCO wouldn't do something to get himself killed while drunk enough to be pick pocketed
>>
>>28027474
You already have one prereq down. Most people don't start that until their first duty station.
>>
Just turned 28 and got a STEM degree in Software Engineering.

Thing is I hate coding, I hate this degree, I hate the people I hate it all... I like guns, hunting, outdoors stuff but I got roped into getting a degree that took me forever to get because I really didnt want to do it in the first place ( took me six years total to get my bachelors )

Should I consider OCS? I've had life experiences that have humbled me so I believe I wouldn't be such a shit LT,

Is it too late to get into officer training in late 20s?
>>
>>28026495
Depends on what shape you are in and what you are doing. 27 and 31b worked out for me
>>
>>28027726
>I won't be a shit LT
>things every prospective shit LT says
>>
>>28027474
Yes. Maybe MEPS can sweep you in under the door crack, but basic is going to suck since you want have access to alcohol.
>>
If I have a Master's degree is that pretty much a guaranteed officer's school?
>>
>>28026495
Legally no, but at that point you probably shouldn't. Even going in as an officer you shouldn't be making much more than you would as a college graduate with a marketable degree.
>>
Not even close
>>
>>28027726
Not at all too late. Go for it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.