[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OEM vs tAcTiCaL charging handles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7
File: Badger1.jpg (25 KB, 450x393) Image search: [Google]
Badger1.jpg
25 KB, 450x393
Except for low mounted scopes, is a big ole handle a MUST HAVE for your AR? I don't really remember the ones I shot, if it was small or had bad Ergo's. I remember just using the bolt release instead
>>
>>28026217
>is a big ole handle a MUST HAVE for your AR?
not really. I have a boring milspec charging handle, and it works.
>>
File: asdf.jpg (6 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
asdf.jpg
6 KB, 276x183
and WTF is this????
>>
>>28026217
BCM gunfighter or Rainier arms
>>
File: charging handle.jpg (152 KB, 1483x1600) Image search: [Google]
charging handle.jpg
152 KB, 1483x1600
No.

Not for any reason other than having money you must spend.

The old pinch and pull has never been a problem, hurdle or detriment. Big handles don't serve a purpose but to enable incorrect operation of the mechanism (heel instead of pinch).

Now if you're a lefty and need a left handed charging handle but don't want to buy a left handed receiver and bolt/carrier, that's one thing. It's a cheap solution to solve your genetic disease.

Other than that, no. It's not even a matter of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," it's just utterly pointless tacticool fauxperator trust fund money rubbish.
>>
>>28026228
Textured for better grip, same as the slide serrations on a pistol.
>>
>>28026217
I had a big handle on mine with the ambi latch on the back. I found most times laid it down the charging handle would be unlatched and it would flop backwards if the bolt was back. I decided to dremel that nig off and keep the ambi latch, being wrong handed it helps.
>>
I have Raptors on all of my ARs. I always pick them up on sale, so price isn't an issue.

I've become so used to them that anything other than a Raptor feels weird.
>>
> AR

> must-have

2-sided brain
3-digit IQ
Ammo

Thumbs (optional)
>>
>>28026217
Theres no feedback from it, thats my only issue.
>>
>>28026276
That still stresses the latch more than how it was originally designed to be used.
>>
>>28026217
ones like that are just ways to snag on shit
>>
>>28026276
Thank you.
>>
BCM gunfighter tb.h fa.m
>>
>>28026276
>talks about wasting money
>owns an Eotech
The irony is too great.
>>
I'm left handed and haven't bothered upgrading from the little non-ambi piece of shit that came with the rifle. It works fine.
>>
>>28026217
I really like Raptor charging handles.

Way easier to rack under stress or with either hand.

Plus when I'm PMCS'ing 30+ rifles at work, all the fucking function checks give me a blister. So it's nice to be able to heel charge my AR when I'm off.
>>
File: national_firearms_museum_07.jpg (71 KB, 467x700) Image search: [Google]
national_firearms_museum_07.jpg
71 KB, 467x700
>>28026513
>heel charge my AR
Heel charging works surprisingly well, especially in the seated position like shooting from a helicopter but I generally prefer the LBE cross stance or "suspender stretch" rack technique when sling shoting and boomeranging aren't an option.
>>
>>28026542
Can't tell if you're fucking with me or if these are actual terms....
>>
File: photogenic_people_22.jpg (64 KB, 700x479) Image search: [Google]
photogenic_people_22.jpg
64 KB, 700x479
>>28026556
It's the latter if not the former
>>
>>28026276
The irony of your post with the BCM gunfighter latch you used for your example pic is pretty great.
>>
Really suprised no one has mentioned Trojan firearms half pound abortion of a charging handle.
>>
File: 8424955421.jpg (54 KB, 1041x781) Image search: [Google]
8424955421.jpg
54 KB, 1041x781
>>28026276
A lefty upper doesn't change the fact you would still need an ambi charging handle. In fact I don't think there is any major manufacturer that makes a left-only version. It only really sucks as a lefty to shoot with a suppressor as my face just gets all kinds of fucked with gas blowback.
>>
AXTS Raptor or BCM Gunfighter ambi.

That is all.
>>
>>28028572
Spoilers that happens right handed too. AR15s are just designed that way.
>>
When I first buily my AR I used a cheapo basic charging handle. Of course it worked and will work for you, but I thought the handle felt flimsy and had slop that allowed side to side movement, making the gun harder to charge. Not a big deal since I'm only killing paper, but I decided to try a BCM Gunfighter when they went on sale and I can tell you it's a definite improvement. Operating the charging handle is more solid, smoother, and easier.

Only you can decide if that is worth the extra money to you or not.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.