[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Handgun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: download (39).jpg (6 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
download (39).jpg
6 KB, 272x185
I was thinking of getting a handgun for the range as well as self defense, as was thinking of buying the Taurus pt92, any suggestions or tips?
>>
>>28025429
they suck for concealed carry. They're fine otherwise.
expect a lot of
>taurus
posts though.
>>
>>28025429
I hope you're not considering CC that thing, the only people that can really conceal that generally get around on motorized scooters powered by labored breathing and fast food.. Other than that it's probably the only good thing Taurus makes, plus it has a rail for a light for use in home.
>>
>>28025429
>taurus
just save up the extra $100 and get something quality, goddamn
>>
>>28025429
don't do it
>>
>taurus
WHY
>>
>>28025651
>>28025488
7500 rounds through mine and not a single problem. A company making beretta clones with beretta tooling in an old beretta factory can't really fuck it up.
>>
>>28025673
>7500 rounds through mine
>rounds through mine
>through mine
>MINE
well gee willikers
>>
>>28025480
This deserved a /thread
>>
File: image.jpg (193 KB, 960x535) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
193 KB, 960x535
>>28025429
If you're not White, buy it.

If you're White, buy a Glock.
>>
Here you go, OP

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p226-9mm-swiss-police-trade-ins-gc.html
>>
>>28025713
I don't understand this post.
>>
>>28025429
Only if you promise us two things:

1. You recognize and understand fully Taurus is a company known to have zero QC and a spotty history at best.

2. You will never buy any other gun from Taurus other than PT92 as you acknowledge that, because it is made on old Beretta tooling, it is the only 'acceptable' firearm they make.
>>
>>28025852
Their revolvers are known to be decent as well.
>>
>>28025831
He's pointing out an obvious anecdotal fallacy
>>
>>28025862
No, they are known to be shot by people who only fire 100 rounds a year. Taurus revolvers are not good quality at all.
>>
>>28025870

And you're demonstrating an obvious fallacy fallacy, since anecdotal evidence is what causes the "Taurus is shit" belief to begin with.

The PT92 is a fantastic fucking gun. Taurus was essentially an M9 factory for the longest time, then they just converted it to a private one and said "Hey, what if we just make the 92 WITHOUT the safety in a stupid fucking place?"

And then they tried a bunch of shit they didn't know how to make and it turned out like an Italian grandmother's sushi.
>>
>>28025920
>Taurus was essentially an M9 factory for the longest time
Taurus existed a long time before they bought beretta's factory. They started out making revolvers back in the 40s.
>>
>>28025920
I wasn't asserting anything so my post wasn't fallacious, I was just pointing out what >>28025713 most likely meant by his post
>>
>>28025953

True, but that had shit to do with the M9 or the PT92.

I should have clarified that I meant THAT PARTICULAR FACTORY, which eventually shifted over to the PT92.
>>
>>28025862
Work at a local funshop. Taurus makes shit ass guns. Please never buy one ever. Here is just an example of the dozens of broken taurus.
>>
File: 1911.jpg (38 KB, 799x349) Image search: [Google]
1911.jpg
38 KB, 799x349
>>28025756
Buying a glock is like taking a cock. Go 1911.
>>
>>28025429
>thinking of buying the Taurus pt92, any suggestions or tips?
Don't buy a Taurus is the first suggestion.

Get a police surplus Glock or Sig. About the same price and way better.
>>
>>28026429
sorry had to DL pic. Anyway, taurus 454 and the cylinder falls out after two shots. We no longer sell Taurus because of shit QC like this. Just nut up and buy a Beretta
>>
>>28026502
>>28026536
maybe some day people will understand the pt92 isn't your average taurus
>>
I have a Beretta 92 for autumn/winter concealment. I weigh 130 lbs. Dress appropriately, but it can be done...just don't expect to be able to get away with it wearing a pair of spandex shorts and a tank top.
>>
>>28026990
Funshop guy here. I've been at the shop 2 years now. I've seen 4 of the PT92's break on our range. I've lost count of how many Taurus guns have broke on our range. All the broken PT92's had failures to extract with 115 gr. Constant FTE. The Beretta is far superior for only a little more.
>>
Beretta 92fs was my first pistol and I have zero regrets about it. I can't say I would CC because of the size though. If you do get the beretta look into hogue grips and the lighter DA spring, I replaced both on mine. If you are going for home defense get a mossberg shotgun for 300 dollars and keep your damn ear protection right beside it. If you are looking for cc get a glock in 9mm from AIM, they have leo trade-ins at $360.
>>
>>28027042
Interesting. I've literally never heard of fte being a common problem with pt92s. You're surely not just lying on the ineternet, right?
They're beretta clones built in an old beretta factory based on beretta's old design. Taurus literally didn't do anything to them.
>>
Is there a way to do a slide safety delete on the Beretta 92?
>>
>>28027774
old beretta 92s had frame safeties
>>
>>28027170
Except source materials, run the machines and build the parts and assemble the weapons.

But yeah, totally nothing a bunch of 3rd world monkeys could have gotten wrong in there.
>>
>>28025429
Get the Beretta 92 or M9 you cheap fuck. Taurus is fucking garbage.
>>
>>28027813
>totally nothing a bunch of 3rd world monkeys could have gotten wrong in there.
considering a bunch of 3rd world monkeys were already doing all of that before beretta sold it, yeah. you're kind of an idiot.
>>
I had a similar question, only instead regarding the Arcus 98 DAC. Poorfag's clone of a 1911 Browning Hi-power.

Anyone own/shot one of these before? They seem too good to be true.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.