[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/anada thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: 1448242744266.jpg (828 KB, 1951x1188) Image search: [Google]
1448242744266.jpg
828 KB, 1951x1188
Since there isn't one already, and I would like some opinions on something.

My CFSC is tomorrow. Should I expect a challenge, or a walk in the park?
>>
>>28023967
So has Trudeau fucked us over yet or does that come after he brings in a shitton of "refugee's"
>>
>>28024344

Yeah he knows it will be easier after he's done with that mess. And as soon as one of said refugees does something involving a gun in Ottawa, that'll be it.
>>
>>28023967
I just took the CFSC today.

Walk in the park.

The questions on the test are extremely straightforward, although you do need to pay attention because there are a few that are relatively obscure.

The practical portion of the test was basically don't do anything overtly dangerous, know how to identify the difference between rimfire, centrefire, shot and slug ammo, know how to match ammo to guns, and know how to run through ACTS and PROVE.
>>
>>28024824

Neat, thanks.

Pretty hype, instructor seems like a cool guy. Going to flip through the manual again.
>>
>past job experience is framed on the wall
top kek
>>
>>28024943

I just noticed the dragon dildo myself.
>>
File: 1432871940022.jpg (236 KB, 1407x1338) Image search: [Google]
1432871940022.jpg
236 KB, 1407x1338
>using a computer without a mouse or monitor
>>
>>28025781

>not knowing the keyboard is tethered to his iPad, the only computing device an enlightened progressive needs you shitlord
>>
>>28025051
I noticed that the first letters of the months from July to November spell out "JASON."
>>
Alright Canada, how was your Black Friday?

Buy anything cool/cheap?
>>
>>28023967
Honestly I didn't find the test to be that easy.
I got something like 96% on the multiple choice and 100% on the practical but I came into the course without any knowledge on the different kinds of actions on the gun. The practical part took me maybe 2 hours of hands on practice with the guns that the instructors gave us. I really absorbed a lot of information in those two days. I took the course with Silvercore in the lower mainland BC. I shilled fucking 200 dollars. However, it was totally worth the price. I think I may have injured myself if I didn't take the course and I was allowed to buy guns. The Harper government made it mandatory for Canadians to take the course to get a PAL. Before then, you could challenge the test without taking the course.

After the course you get like 4 pages or paperwork. You also need to send a picture ID. If you walk into any Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Costco, etc and show the dimensions for the photo, the workers immediately know what the picture is for. After you fill the paperwork and send it to the firearms office, it takes something between like 1 month to a year to get your license. If you also apply for a restricted license, expect your references and yourself to be called by the people in the Canadian Firearms Program. They will ask you for your reason for getting a license. Don't be stupid and say something like self defense. Hunting and sport shooting are both valid reasons.

It took me 9 months to get a restricted firearms license because I got a few sessions of counseling from a mental health institute. One of my references was called. I was also called. I told them that I wanted a license for hunting. It's kind of odd that they didn't ask why I needed an RPAL for hunting.

Also note that a background check is done on you every single day as long as you hold a PAL/RPAL. If you do any sort of violent crime, say goodbye to your license and your guns.
>>
>>28025781
Hey, i've got the same hat! Nice.
>>
>>28026918
I bought and SKS, some 10/22 mags and a couple of books. Nothing major but prices were ok. How about u?
>>
>leaving the quran on the floor

haram
>>
>>28026988
What's allah gunna do about it? Suicide bomb me?
>>
>>28026939
>the workers immediately know what the picture is for.
This. Absolutely this.

I actually had my PAL photo done at a local photograph store in the mall that is run by a Chinese family. When I went up to ask, I just said I needed a photo for a "firearms license," rather than a PAL, because I assumed that PAL was a rather obscure term that might be lost on non-firearms owners. Then I heard the guy speak to another employee in the shop in Chinese, and I overheard "ching chong nip nong PEE EY ELL, ching chong ling long ting", so I was glad to hear that they knew what they were doing.

Although, with that said, the photo doesn't actually have to be professionally taken. A professional photo will definitely look better, but you could actually do this yourself as long as the picture is less than 12 months old.

>it takes something between like 1 month to a year to get your license.
I heard that the time it takes to process depends on the province. Not sure if that's true, but it sounds reasonable to me. I'm a British Columbian and it took me about 2 months to get my PAL. I've heard from a few Ontario guys that theirs took like 9 months.

>If you also apply for a restricted license, expect your references and yourself to be called by the people in the Canadian Firearms Program.
Ehh, your mileage may vary. When I was getting my restricted license, they only interviewed one of my references. They didn't even interview me. I've even heard from people who got their restricted license without any interviews at all.

>If you do any sort of violent crime, say goodbye to your license and your guns.
Despite all the bureaucratic idiosyncrasies of our firearms system, this is one thing I can reasonably agree on.
>>
>>28027048
do people who got in a drunken fight one time not deserve to have guns?
>>
>>28026939
>expect your references and yourself to be called
You could expect more phone calls depending on how your application is filled out.

>the applicant (you)
>your reference
>your other reference
>your photo guarantor (if for some reason you chose a different person instead of one of your references)
>your conjugal partner (your spouse/partner whom you live with)
>your former conjugal partner (your ex who you used to live with within the past two years)
Total possible phone calls: 6

But say you're currently single and have been for a while, and you know how to properly fill out an application form:
>the applicant (you)
>your reference
>your other reference, who is also a photo guarantor
Total possible phone calls: 3
>>
>>28027089
It REALLY depends on the specifics, such as who started it, how did it happen, why did it happen, etc.

Having a criminal record doesn't mean it's absolutely impossible for you to own guns. It just makes it harder. They have to weigh the situation first.

The situation you presented, I cannot confidently answer to. But if it were a more cut-and-dry situation like an abusive piece of shit who beats his wife and kids, those kinds of assholes don't deserve guns.
>>
File: E&F.png (27 KB, 664x303) Image search: [Google]
E&F.png
27 KB, 664x303
>>28027091
For what it's worth, this is how the application form defines a "conjugal partner."

So if you have a girlfriend, but you don't live with her, you might not even have to fill out the conjugal partners section on your application.

As always, use your own discretion when filling out this form. I can't tell you what you can/can't/should/shouldn't do.
>>
>>28023967
Very easy. For the practical and theory, just make sure you're overly safe.

Just drill it into your head that you ALWAYS do the P.R.O.V.E method every time you touch anything and they'll pass you because that's what they look for every time.

>Anon, you come to a wire fence, show me you safely climbing through it.

>Clear rifle
>set rifle on ground
>climb through
>grab rifle
>clear rifle again
>PASS
>>
>>28026918
Bought 1200 Czech 7.62x39 for $300. I really like that they all come on stripper clips.
>>
>>28027048
>it takes something between like 1 month to a year to get your license

Fastest way to speed it up is waiting the mandatory 28 wait period then calling in every couple days POLITELY asking what the status is on it. They'll push you right through the process. Also if it's a RPAL get your references to call in. My sister did her RPAL and I called in and the conversation went like this.

>Do you believe your sister may harm anyone after receiving a PAL?
No
>Is there any reason why you believe your sister should be declined?
No
>Have a nice day sir.
>>
>>28027235
Me personally, I think it's better to call after your payment's cleared.

Prior to that stage, your application is just a piece of paper that only a few people have touched.

When payment has been collected, that means someone actually gave enough of a shit to read your application and took your money, which means the ball is rolling. At that point, your application is available in digital form, for the entire Canadian Firearms Program workers to see your application, at the comfort of their computer.
>>
File: canadaammo boomstick.jpg (41 KB, 602x622) Image search: [Google]
canadaammo boomstick.jpg
41 KB, 602x622
if you /k/lowns have been watching the extra fine TV program Ash Vs Evil Dead and have a hankerin for a boomstick, Canadammo has them on sale for $240 until Monday.
>>
>>28026939
>>28027048
>>28027091
>>28027200
>>28027235

Thank you anons.

The test I think I'll be fine for at this point. Too bad that I decided to have insomnia tonight though, so it's going to be a slog to get through everything.

Being an Ontariofag, I kind of wish I had started this process months ago; but I only arrived in May, so I pushed it off while I took care of other essentials. Although of all things, I did have my application photo taken a couple months back.

At least I have no mental health history, and I'll remember to call periodically after the mandatory waiting period is over.
>>
File: xk8gjTI7DcFYPQ8m.jpg (130 KB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
xk8gjTI7DcFYPQ8m.jpg
130 KB, 450x360
Any Canada Bros try the Dominion Arms Outlaw?

Between this and a nice Russian SKS for my first fun. Either way I'll be getting both a month within each other.
>>
>>28027048
I got my RPAL in 2 months, almost on the nose, in Quebec. If you call them a lot, and make sure your references phone in when needed, it goes by really quickly.
>>28027089
My GF's dad got an assault charge, and still got a license once the weapons ban was up.
>>
>>28024344
>>28024567
>muh refugees
>muh overwhelmed
Fuck's sake, they're not even going to be 0.1% of the national population, and that's if he ends up bringing all 45,000 over (which is over a period of time as well, not immediately).

Also, they'll probably be holding them in one of the old military bases they've shut down here in Nova Scotia, which A) would make it easy to keep track of them, and keep them contained, and B) keeps them somewhere most of you faggots don't care about anyway, the Maritimes.
>>
>>28027177
>tfw never had a girlfriend or other long-term relationship
Well, at least this part of the process will be fucking easy for me.

>mfw I get denied for being a creepy loner
>>
>>28029583
Have you paid any attention to the news?
Soldiers at CFB Kingston are being kicked out of barracks for the refugees.
>>
>>28029583
its always "just one percent!!!" until the hundredth time
>>
>>28029583
If you are referring to Cornwallis I'm pretty sure that place is derelict. I've heard that the refugees are being flown in to the main bases such as CFB Trenton in Ontario, and CFB Shearwater in Nova Scotia. I know for a fact that we have increased security on base because of it. I would not be surprised if what >>28029674 is true.
>>
>>28028205

Now that is some fucking boomstick.
>>
>>28027048
Shouldn't vary province to province since they're all processed by the headquarters in Nova Scotia. Just paperwork errors and work load determine how long it takes.

>my references never answered their fucking phones the half dozen times the RCMP tried
>mine ended up being perfectly good to go, but took 3 months because they wouldn't pick up their phones

>>28029751

Nope, troops are being moved out of shacks, sometimes being told to live on the economy. Just a couple days notice.

>as is life in the army
>>
So I want to build the "core" of my collection first, in case Weed Man 2015 decides to start banning things. What types of guns would you say are necessary for this? I currently have
>"Hunting" shotgun
>Semi-auto hunting rifle
>SKS
>Semi-auto pistol
And I think I still need
>HD Shotgun
>Semi-auto shotgun
>Bolt-action durr rifle
>An AR (plus an 80% lower to quietly finish)
>Bullpup rifle
>Revolver
>Modern "tacticool" pistol (all I have is a Tok)
>Maybe a decent lever-action, maybe a BP gun or two just to cover all bases
As well as a few guns I personally want, like an SVT or 1911. Am I missing anything here?
>>
>>28028205
Tried my friend's brother's one. Don't have too much experience with shotguns, but it shot okay, and the triggers were decent. Handy little gun.
>>
Literally just finished writing the test

It was pretty straight forward. As hard as it is to fuck up true and false I still managed to mix a few up.
Very glad I went over my answers before handing it in.

They let us do both the PAL and RPAL at once. I hope it doesn't take too long for the government to process ..
>>
>>28030167
Send in the application by registered mail, and once it shows up on the website call once a week or so until it goes through.
>>
>>28029583
So why should anyone take in refugees again?
>>
>>28030198
>Muh feels
Reminder, efforts like that are spearheaded by people who live in white majority upper middle class and up communities and never have so much as had anyone they know afflicted by a crime.
>>
>>28030054
>HD Shotgun
One of the little Dominion/Norinco ones from Canada Ammo.
>Semi-auto shotgun
Lever Arms KA-12, for maximum babby killin.
>Bolt-action durr rifle
Savage, Sako/Tikka, or Remington. Upgrade as necessary for longer range shooting if you want.
For a complete rifle, Norinco CQ, and upgrade parts as needed. Dlask and CTC Supplies are the only people who sell 80% lowers here (importing requires paperwork since they're under ITAR); the former has jewish prices and the latter is out of stock for now. And you'll probably have to buy a jig from the States (if you need one), since there's almost nothing up here.
>Bullpup rifle
Tavor, Type 97
PPQ, for dat trigger and ergos. Or a Makarov if you want relative concealability.
>maybe a BP gun or two just to cover all bases
Pedersoli Charleville or Brown Bess musket, depeding if you want to feel like a bong or a frog. You don't even need a PAL for flintlocks.

Keep in mind that a ban on restricted shit means you need to report them stolen, otherwise you will have to turn them in as they're registered to you.
>>
>>28030054
Don't forget to always have a semi auto rifle chambered in the legendary .22 Long RIFLE.

Just don't point the gun 270 degrees or else you might destroy all of Canada.
>>
>>28030321
>You don't even need a PAL for flintlocks.

>year 2017
>guns are banned
>the country is still experiencing the same level of gun crimes
>that's weird, criminals are still somehow getting guns, even though they've been banned
>burglar with a Glock brand Glock, with high-capacity clipazines, breaks into a random home
>family man living in this house hears a window break
>family man had experience with guns, up until they were legally taken away for the good of the country
>he has a pregnant wife, two daughters, a sick mother-in-law he has to take care of himself, and a dog
>he loves them all, even his mother-in-law
>they mean the world to him
>he needs to protect them at all costs
>opens his gun safe, which was once rife with rifles
>he pulls out his trusty flintlock, which the government hadn't taken away
>normally a pain in the ass to load, he has gotten very good at it since the great gun grab of 2016
>he quickly loads his flintlock, and goes off to protect his family
>he sees the burglar
>he doesn't approach him, because that would be provocation
>burglar approaches him
>slowly
>he even lets his guard down because his potential victim has a dinky pirate gun, while he has a Glock brand Glock
>"NOT MY FAMILY, YOU MOTHERFUGGER!"
>boom
>right in the wrist
>Glock brand Glock explodes in burglar's hand, like they were known to do, and part of the reason why they were banned
>police arrive
>family man gets arrested
>newspaper headlines demonize him as a cis white privileged male who murdered a guy who dindu nuffin
>he gets charged with two counts of discharging a firearm (they counted the Glock brand Glock because explosion is technically a form of discharge)
>he also gets charged with possession of unauthorized explosives (the Glock brand Glock)
>his family gets moved to a battered women's shelter because he's a criminal
>his dog has no one to take care of him, so he gets taken to the SPCA and shot, ironically enough
>flintlocks get banned from that point on
>>
Looking for an owner of the su-16 predator, how does it shoot? Favourite feature, least favourite? Is that trace optic any good?
>>
>>28030321
>HD Shotgun
>One of the little Dominion/Norinco ones from Canada Ammo.
This is what I'm thinking-one of the mag-fed ones. Or just a Mossy 500, Maverick 88, whatever I can find cheapest. As long as it works right.
>Semi-auto shotgun
>Lever Arms KA-12, for maximum babby killin.
That's actually the plan, unless I see something else in that price range. I shot one, and it was nice. Would honestly be a great HD gun.
Can you think of any similarly priced semi shotguns?
>Bolt-action durr rifle
>Savage, Sako/Tikka, or Remington. >Upgrade as necessary for longer range shooting if you want.
Best value for the buck? I don't know shit about those kinds of guns.
>For a complete rifle, Norinco CQ, and upgrade parts as needed. Dlask and CTC Supplies are the only people who sell 80% lowers here (importing requires paperwork since they're under ITAR); the former has jewish prices and the latter is out of stock for now. And you'll probably have to buy a jig from the States (if you need one), since there's almost nothing up here.
I have a smith friend, maybe he can quietly take care of the drilling on the side.
>Bullpup rifle
>Tavor, Type 97
Type 97 for sure. I'm on a budget for now.
>PPQ, for dat trigger and ergos. Or a Makarov if you want relative concealability.
I do. I was thinking a Glock or a Beretta 92, since I like the way those feel. Makarovs are nice, I may buy one for CC purposes.
>maybe a BP gun or two just to cover all bases
>Pedersoli Charleville or Brown Bess musket, depeding if you want to feel like a bong or a frog. You don't even need a PAL for flintlocks.
Bong mode ENGAGE
>Keep in mind that a ban on restricted shit means you need to report them stolen, otherwise you will have to turn them in as they're registered to you.
That's the plan.
>>
>>28031053
Also, I'm thinking of
>A lever-action rifle, nothing fancy
>A submachine gun/machine pistol
>A "modern military rifle". Sorry, I don't know how else to put it.
I'm not so sure on the lever, but for the Sub gun, I was thinking a Skorpion? Are there other options in Canada that won't ruin my bank account?
And for the rifle, I was thinking a slutted up Vz. I like the way they feel and look. But again, what other options in a similar price range do I have, besides an AR?
>>
>>28029738
Lol underatted post
>>
Where can i get a Mossman 500 or 590 at the best price in this county?
>>
>>28029583
So on top of 300,000 immigrants who are all drains on government, now we have 50,000 "refugees" who will remain on permanent government welfare?

It's just billions of dollars, no big deal right?

Whats funny is when these fucking liberals were talking about deficits in the debates.
>>
>>28023967
i lost the results of my non-restricted course results, what info do i need when calling the CFO about sending me a copy of it?
>>
>>28029583
From a pure value-for-dollar argument it's a bad idea. The money we spend on transporting, housing and integrating these refugees would go a lot further if we spent it instead on improving their camps in the region, providing education and healthcare, and working towards a constructive solution to the fighting in Syria.
>>
>>28031996
>integrating
now THATS a good joke m8

But you forget that the goal is bringing in more non-white foreigners. These refugees are then a bonus to normal annual immigration.

Trudeau carrying on the work of his father, ensure that any national identity Canada might have had is destroyed.
>>
>>28030627
load it up with shot and you will do more damage than a 12 gauge.
>>
>>28031943
http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/Categories/Hunting/Firearms/Pump-Action-Shotguns/Model-88-Field/p/161520

That's a 240 CAD Maverick 88 which is almost identical to the Mossberg 500.
>>
>>28032008
I'm okay with non-whites, as long as they're not FIlipino.

Goddamn filthipinos ruin everything.
>>
>>28032081
Would it still be canada if we were 100 million non-whites, with 20 million oppressed whites living in gated communities & no political representation?

pinoys are the strongest race in the world, btw
>>
>>28030167
Got 100 percent on both written exams. Pulled 21 out of a hat out of 29 people so I have to do my practical exam next week ...
>>
>>28032081
Manitoba fag reporting
Our province second most spoken language is Tagalog

I hate to sounds pol but the best thing about every flip is they aren't aboriginal. They all work. They move into low income areas and fix them up, displacing trash of all creeds and colours. AND they are all Asian Catholics so they come over here semi integrated. To be honest some of them act more like "white men" then white men I know.
>>
>>28032198
>the best thing about every flip is they aren't aboriginal
Fair enough, I guess that's true.

My biggest gripe with filipinos in my area is that they're annoying and they're self-important, self-entitled fucks. But on the bright side, at least they don't drink mouthwash, and their culture is less shitty and not forcefed to public school students.
>>
>>28032198
>>28032235
the flips come here because the phillipines is a corrupt shithole
Eventually they will build that here, its in their nature.
>>
>>28031053
>Best value for the buck?
Probably the Savage. Changing barrels is easier than the rest, and if you get one with an accu-trigger and accu-stock, you don't have to do a trigger or bedding job as they're already pretty good out of the box. If you want it for general hunting, where you aren't going to need sub-MOA groups, you can even get a cheapo Savage Axis and be done with it. The Savage action in general is a popular base on which to build a precision rifle. Mind you, precision or long-range shooting will require good glass and a reloading rig, if you want to go down that route.

>Makarovs are nice, I may buy one for CC purposes
I have one in .380 since I didn't trust the availability of 9x18. Can confirm that the Makarov fits quite well into IWB holsters made for the Bersa Thunder .380 (it's hard to find dedicated Makarov holsters). Not that I would ever carry it outside of the range, of course.
>>
>>28032081
Well, my cousin who spent 3 years there, and his wife who's a filipino, said "they don't like to learn"... so I guess that's a mark against them.

>>28031996
If I thought it wasn't dangerous for those people to be over there, I'd agree with you. But I will say that I have trouble believing we can trust any of the governments in that area to properly distribute any aid we sent. Haiti is still having problems getting aid to people, 5 years after the quake, because too many people skimmed stuff, or wanted bribes.

>>28032008
>annual immigration
>>28032099
100 million non-whites
Way to blow our immigration numbers totally out of proportion. At the current rates white people won't become a minority for at least a hundred fucking years.

Also, ya want to know what the #1 country people are emigrating to Nova Scotia from? England. Which is like 80-90% white people.
>>
>>28032382
>England. Which is like 80-90% white people.
Umm, I have news for you, anon...
>>
>>28032394
Oh whatever it fucking is. The country is only 6% muslim so it's not being overrun with foreigners like every idiot claims.
>>
File: 1448343462046.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1448343462046.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>28031996
>From a pure value-for-dollar argument it's a bad idea.
from the governments perspective they are getting 25k new taxpayers, thats all they care about. with a small initial investment those arabs will multiply like rats and be 2 million in population in 5 generations.

same reason why old age pensioners get paid less than refugees, as soon as you cease to pay taxes you are an expendable liability.
>>
>>28032425
>i think it's true so it's true
>>
>>28033290
No, it's actually true
>>
>>28033275
>they are getting 25k new taxpayers
lol they dont pay taxes when they dont make any money and just collect foodstamps and welfare and relocation checks.

what they see are 25k extra votes to their party, and within 10 years, an additional 2 million.
>>
>>28027206

m8. Budget shooter supply has crates of 90s produciton czech on stripper clips for $235.

He even ships is for free if you don't live in Bumfuck, NWT.

www.budgetshootersupply.ca/frame.cfm?ItemID=1010&CategoryID=54
>>
>>28032382
The camps are not run by the local governments, they are run by various UN agencies. If we are concerned about how the UN is running the camps, we can demand increased accountability and send our own teams to ensure that they are run properly.

It is perfectly safe for the refugees to be in camps in Jordan, Lebanon and the other nations in the region that have agreed to take them in.

>>28033275
I think they're more excited about all the extra votes they'll be getting (especially when you count family reunification).
>>
>>28033290
Funny how you're the one who's going with feels over facts.

>>28033352
>foodstamps
We don't have those in Canada, but Americans pretending to be Canadian think we do.
>>
>>28033333
quints have spoken, it is true
>>
>>28033352
>>28033539
>extra votes
Except a lot of muslims voted Conservative before they made the head scarf and other stuff into election issues. Their social and fiscal policies appealed to them a lot.

As for camps in Jordan and Lebanon... well I wouldn't really consider being in the countries next door to ISIS very safe. But UN run camps I do have more faith in than something that might be administered by Greece or Turkey.
>>
>>28032382
> At the current rates white people won't become a minority for at least a hundred fucking years.
1% non-white immigration every year will turn whites into a minority in under 20 years
We're already below 70% white
>>
>>28033628
Now you're just making up numbers, we're not important a million non-whites every 3 years, that's absolutely retarded.
>>
>>28033740
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Canada#Visible_minority_population
we literally are
>>
>>28033580
>Except a lot

But that's not true. According to an Ipsos-Reid poll conducted May 2nd, 2011, Muslims voted 52% in favour of Liberals (only 12% voted Conservative). This pattern holds true for all the previous elections- Muslim votes going primarily to the Liberals or NDP.

>Safe

Jordan is a safe country. I think you underestimate how effective their military and security services are. Also, Lebanon for all its trouble has done a remarkable job of keeping the refugees safe. They have a lot of shi a muslims who don't like the is goons at all.

Finally, you mustn't underestimate the hardships of taking refugees out of their homelands and putting them in an unfamiliar place with an unfamiliar culture. By staying in the region, they also have the hope that they will soon be able to return to the lands they love.

We can also use the savings from abandoning the bombing missions to help shore up the camps.
>>
>>28033628
What's great is that the standard immigration process, for permanent residence, takes up to two years if the immigrant is applying from within Canada, and costs on the order of $1500+. Whereas the process for a Syrian refugee is complete in a couple weeks, and is absolutely free. Plus, regular immigrants don't get free housing and living expenses as soon as they step off the plane. So any immigrants currently working in Canada are paying tax money to expedite Syrian immigration at the expense of their own, since case processing officers are being reassigned for the refugees and new ones won't be trained for a while.

Funny how we make it harder for an educated European to come here, than a penniless Syrian with no job prospects.
>>
>>28033940
All immigrants are a net drain
Any "skilled" immigrant can bring up to like 8 dependents?
I've never seen any numbers of how many "skilled" immigrants are the actual skilled person, vs how many are the dependents

Traffic is fucking hell in Toronto nowadays
>>
>>28028205
I bought it for a camping trip a few years back. It worked great. I love it. Just don't dry fire it. I had to do some smithing after I had dry fired it too many times.
>>
>>28034047
Obviously we need to start importing more white European, Australian, and American immigrants. I suppose importing more Japanese and South Korean immigrants wouldn't be too bad either since they at least know how to be a hard worker.
>>
>>28034108
The point is, you can import people without giving them citizenship, letting them bring families, letting them use our welfare infrastructure, etc

It really would not be hard to increase domestic birth rates
The third world managed 500%+ increases over the last 60 years
>>
Halifax reporting in. MVRRC is best
>>
>>28034108
Good luck with that.

White Europeans, Australians, and Americans are cunts, and probably wouldn't want to move to Canada because of pre-existing shitskins.

Japan has a problem with underpopulation, so they wouldn't be very happy about losing some of their people to a country they once had poor relations with.

South Korea might be reluctant, because they don't want to run laundromats or Japanese restaurants like all the other Korean-Canadians, when they can stay in Korea as engineers and whatnot.

And no, that comment about Japanese restaurants isn't a mistake. An unusually high number of Japanese restaurants in Canada are run by Koreans, because sushi is trendy and their own food isn't enough of a moneymaker.
>>
>>28034164
>An unusually high number of Japanese restaurants in Canada are run by Koreans, because sushi is trendy and their own food isn't enough of a moneymaker.

That's too bad. I fucking love me some Korean food.
>>
>>28034205
I've seen very few actual Korean restaurants here.

Every Korean restaurant I've seen are often piggybacking off of other cuisines.

So I would see shit like "Golden Dragon Chinese & Korean Restaurant" or "Mikado Japanese & Korean Restaurant." And no, those aren't actual restaurant names, I just pulled them out of my ass for an example.

Speaking of which, there's also a lot of Italian-Greek hybrid restaurants here.
>>
>>28034108
>white European, Australian
You still need to be really choosy, though

>implying you want chavs
>implying you want micks
>implying you want wops
>implying you want bogans
>>
>>28033940
>Funny how we make it harder for an educated European to come here, than a penniless Syrian with no job prospects.
Yeah life is so hard for people who are wealthy and haven't had their country turn into a war torn shithole.

Where can I donate money to help out these poor people, trapped inside their gated communities and expensive condos?
>>
>>28034275
I'm not worried, these people won't normally qualify for immigration anyway.
>>
>>28034390
I don't care. Why should we pay to import unskilled, penniless, shitskin Syrians who are only looking for free shit and to bring Sharia law with them to their new country?
>>
>>28034404
>who are only looking for free shit
Yes, they have a great scam going don't they? 'Let' their country get overrun by violent extremists so they can trick westerners to give them free stuff. I'm jealous I didn't think of it first!

I bet you wait outside your local food bank and spit on the people going inside too.
>>
>>28034404
Also, people like you said the same thing about the Lebanese in the 80's, and now they own all the best pizza places in Nova Scotia.
>>
>>28034456
If they were truly grateful then why do they keep rejecting food packages and housing in their refuge countries?
>>
>>28024824
hey just wondering do you know how long we have to apply for our PAL after we have completed the CFSC before it expires and we have to redo the CFSC all over again?
>>
>>28034404

>implying Syrians are unskilled or penniless
>implying Syria wasn't a normal, modern country until a couple years ago
>>
>>28034502
Maybe they're aware that they may be seen as a burden to the locals, and want to take as little as possible to avoid pissing them off?
>>
>>28034580
When all those people were over there, they were. People went on, and on, and on, and on, and on about how Syria under Assad was practically a secular western nation, not too unlike Isreal.

But as soon as people mentioned refugees all anyone could talk about around here was sharia, terrorists, and mooching muslims.
>>
>>28034573
I'm not sure exactly.

The Firearms Act says you have to take the training, but it doesn't say anything about time limits.

My impression was a couple of months wouldn't be an issue, for example.

Personally since I moved I don't have people in town that can sign my paperwork as guarantors, so I am waiting until Christmas to finish it up and send it out.
>>
>>28034636
Not even close. They reject everything on account of it being not good enough for them.
>>
>>28034573
I've been wondering this exact same shit. Took the CFSC a year ago, then ran out of money to actually send it in thanks to college. Forgot about the shit until know. You guys figure I can still send it in?
>>
bump for our syrup bros
>>
>>28035161
>thanks to college
kek. going to university and getting osap loans/grants is the reason I can afford to spend $1-2k on a gun when my rpal comes in.
>>
>>28035855
the feel when financially retarded, senpai :/
>>
>>28034047
Nigger, I'm an immigrant, and I can guarantee I contribute more than you.
>>
>>28033410
Is that place legit? Only heard of it once before, and it looks sketch as fuck.
>>
>>28035855
>TFW parents are paying everything but food and entertainment
>TFW $1500 in computer parts and a new VZ58 this year
>TFW no money for anything else fun now because I'm not taking out loans
>>
File: 1429411475438.png (149 KB, 464x352) Image search: [Google]
1429411475438.png
149 KB, 464x352
Does any branch of the Canadian military use (or in the past, used) MARPAT?
>>
>>28037420
Must be nice
>>
>>28038888
It's pretty solid, except I don't go out much.
>Checked
>>28038234
No, we were the ones to start using a digital pattern first, in the form of CADPAT. MARPAT, being based on CADPAT, came after, and was never used by us.
>>
>>28031967

I don't know, probably just the identification you took the course with?
>>
http://usedfirearms.ca/ads/polish-ak-47/

What is this?
It is listed as NR?

Also, is it worth paying the premium for a Polish made m44 nugget? I heard they are the Rolls Royce of the nuggets and I want to get something made in my family's home country.
>>
File: 1445301942563.jpg (75 KB, 380x572) Image search: [Google]
1445301942563.jpg
75 KB, 380x572
did that whole .50 Beowulf magazine thing blow over? Seems like most places have restocked and are back to selling them again.

Did they redesign them to not feed 5.56/223 or are they sold as they were before?
>>
>>28040240
>http://usedfirearms.ca
Scam. Telling you right now. Even if the deal was legit, the gun itself would have to be deactivated.
>>
>>28040240
The only Polish AKs in Canada that I know of were those stupid straight-pull Tantals from Interarms that Urban Tactical imported.
>>
>>28040539
The whole thing was just blown up over a denied import. It was never about .50 beowulf magazines as a whole.
>>
>>28034573
I did the course when I was... 14? I'm pretty sure.
Didn't get my PAL till I was 25. You have lots of time.
>>
>>28040843
This makes me wonder:
Are magazines that hold more rounds than allowed banned even if the guns they are for are all illegal?
>>
>>28041238
Yes. Just by definition in the criminal code, doesn't matter if you can't even own the firearm, if the magazine was designed to go into whatever gun and is over the limit, you have to pin it.
>>
>>28041270
>Get deactivated AK
>Mag must be pinned to 5 rounds
What a hilarious premise
>>
>>28041527
can't a sks be modded to use ak mags?
>>
>>28041547
The Chinese SKS-D does, but I've never seen one
The aftermarket kits I've seen that give it detachable mags all use proprietary SKS mags, from what I've seen anyways
>>
So, is that new STG clone in 7.62x39 going to be Prohib? Seems like it'd be real popular.
>>
>>28035161

I waited over a year before sending mine in and didn't have a problem at the time.
>>
>>28041721
If they make a "Canadian" Semi-auto only model, then it would be ok for import.

But then again, the Libs might scream "Nazi gun!" and prohibit it by name.
>>
/k/anucks, what would you say is the best website to buy guns online that will ship to your door, I wanna get my dad a .410/.22 combo rifle for christmas but I've never bought a gun online and LeBaron in Ottawa has none
>>
>>28029583
>Also, they'll probably be holding them in one of the old military bases they've shut down here in Nova Scotia
I heard most of them were going to Toronto. You know, because housing is so cheap there.
>>
>>28042305
Just fuck up my area while you're at it Mr.2015weed

I gotta move out Mississauga but the lady goes to school in Toronto :/
>>
>>28029674
>>28029751

So.... internment camps?
>>
>>28041721
>INB4 AK variant
>>28041881
I've only ever used Canadaammo, I've bought a bunch of ammo and an SKS from them in the past. Wanstalls and Wolverine Supplies are supposed to be good too
>>
>>28042333

Could be worse. You could be in Brampton. Even Toronto is better than Brampton.
>>
Are there any Private Military Contractor companies in Canada? Or are they all pretty much based in the US, UK, etc?

If there are, how would one hypothetically get on with one? I know military experience is a must, but how much would they be looking for, ideally?
>>
>>28043670
With any PMC now, special forces experience is pretty much the minimum
>>
>>28043690
Jeez, seems like kind of a high standard for the private sector.
>>
>>28043718
They cater to the military market. Back when business was booming in Iraq and Afghanistan, they could afford to take regular guys. Now, not much is going on, so you better believe they're going to be selective as shit.

Unlike government work, the private sector needs high standards because reputation and quality of service is what puts food on the table.
>>
>>28043718
we've had a lot of wars, there is no shortage of guys with military experience, PMCs are in lower demand now as well
>>
>>28043768
>>28043769
Huh, okay then. Makes sense.
>>
Hey canuc/k/s. If I go to the doctor and get diagnosed for depression am I fucked for trying to get my gun license? I feel like I will be and I'm ok with it because my wellbeing is more important to me than shooting durrs or targets, but its a crappy law imho. I sleep a lot and feel apathetic, but I dont self harm.

Any of you know about this shit? On the bright side once I'm considered symptom free for 5 years I should be able to get it. Lol.
>>
>>28027200
I remember this. I lost points because I crossed the fence directly over the chamber of the rifle (laying flat on the ground) rather than behind the buttstock.
>>
>>28044374
Serves you right

I bet you'd feel pretty stupid in a real scenario if the rifle were to magically and spontaneously eject a round directly into your ballsack
>>
>>28044374
I wasn't even made to actually do it, he just asked how I would cross a fence
>>
>>28041881
I don't know about best, but I've ordered from Frontier Firearms, TradeEx, Cabelas. and CanadaAmmo. TradeEx and Frontier were fairly fast to ship, and the other two took a while to process the order. Other than that, they all shipped good products in good condition.
>>
>>28044397
True, since the only acceptable clothing options for going innawoods in Canada is a skirt.
>>
>>28044624

With striped knee-high socks, of course.
>>
>>28044663
I prefer solid black, myself.
>>
>>28044663
>>28044708
Thigh-high or bust.
>>
>>28044758
This, to be honest, shaking my head, family.
>>
>>28044758
Fuck, your right. I assumed we were talking about thigh-high in the first place, because literally why would you settle for less?
>>
>>28044758

But knee-high gives you that small area of exposed skin between the socks and the skirt. Yum.
>>
>>28045702
Thigh-high does that even better. Do you even ZR?
>>
>>28044624
I go boots only.
>Tfw got a retired mountie's dress boots at an estate sale (one pair with laces and one without)
>>
>>28044308
I was medicated for that when I applied and I got it, it just took longer and they called me + references
>>
Do any Canucks here have a Makarov? Do you like them? Is having only 8 rounds a detriment?
How much should I pay for a Mak, if I choose one for my next pistol?
>>
>>28045797
I only know of the Interarms (I think was the name?) imported ones, since they have the legal extended barrels. All new-production Baikals, also in .380.
I actually prefer the idea of guns that hold less than 10, just since it means they aren't neutered by the law. I like being able to have the same magazines for it that anybody else would, without a disgusting block or something
>>
>>28045797
I do, in .380. It's pretty decent, quite concealable if one were inclined to carry it IWB.

Like >>28045953 said, I believe only Interammo in Edmonton (not Interarms, who are an American company that merged with High-Standard) carries them. That's where I got mine from. So whatever they charge pretty much defines the market rate.
>>
>>28045953
I agree with the pin issue, though I'd just rip that out.
Do the extended barrels look like shit?
>>
>>28046068
IWB? I don't know shit about carry terminology.
>>
>>28046132
in waist band
>>
>>28046191
Ah, I see. I was thinking about a Mak and a shoulder holster or something.
Y'know, to try at the range and nowhere else, ever.
>>
>>28046117
I don't even have the option: my CZ75 is the only double stack I own, and all the mags available are purpose-built 10 rounders. The CZ ones are particularly disgusting, the bottom third is a plastic block
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 600x600
>>28046117
They look like this.
So, dumb, but could still be much worse. Not a dealbreaker by any means IMO
>>
>>28046240
All ranges I've read the rules of disallow anything but strongside hip holsters too.
I actually got an old leather shoulder holster for my S&W for shits, and it's cool but I literally cannot use it anywhere.
>>
>>28046240
Carrying in a shoulder holster is just asking to get made. Get yourself an IWB holster (if you can't find one for a mak, a Bersa holster works fine too) and keep that shit well covered. Unlike Americans, we can't ever be caught printing.

>>28047095
Depends on the range. Mine had no rules on holsters, but I haven't been there for a few years so it may have changed.
>>
>>28047158
Ah alright. My local ones forbid anything but strongside belt or paddles
>>
>>28024344
The Polytechnique shooting anniversary is December 6. If they were going to announce anything soon they would do it then to show just how the Liberals are progressive and sensitive, and that they are going to right the Harper wrongs.
>>
>>28047075
There has got to be a way to fix that. Maybe buy a second barrel and cut it down?
>>28047158
What do you mean, regarding the shoulder holster? I figure it'd be easier to conceal. I'm a tall guy who usually wears at least a light jacket. But I have no practical experience.
>We can't ever be caught printing
What?
>>28046988
You can't just rip it out?

Honestly, my next pistol doesn't HAVE to be a Makarov, if you guys can suggest something in a similar size. I have big hands, too, so a double-stack is fine.
>>
>>28047655
>Dec 6
That would be the worst birthday gift ever.
What's the verdict on the Dominion Arms PA762? Cool gun or shitty chinkshit?
>>
>>28047836
No as in the entire bottom portion of the magazine is a shitty plastic piece, it's not just inside the shell
>>
>>28047836
>fix that
It's only a matter of aesthetics. The extra barrel length doesn't affect carry, and as a bonus, it produces slightly higher muzzle velocities than a regular Makarov.

>usually wears at least a light jacket
Do you really wear a jacket everywhere? Even indoors? Even at the restaurant? Even when it's 25 degrees out? Because a shoulder holster is ONLY concealable if you have a jacket on. That's why very few people wear them.

An IWB holster, on the other hand, is concealable in everything short of bicycling spandex. It's far more versatile, which is why it's the preferred method of concealed carry.

>printing
When there is an "imprint" of your gun through your clothes (or even accidentally uncovered), so that anybody who looks can see that you have a gun. In the states, if someone sees the grip of a gun poking out, they can write it off as a concealed carry permit holder. Given that concealed carry is effectively nonexistent here, if anyone sees that shit, you can be sure the police will be called and it's game over.

>similar size
There really isn't much in the way of small guns in Canada. Since we have a barrel length limit, not too many subcompacts or small compacts make it up here, because not too many manufacturers are willing to make an extended barrel for the Canadian market. As far as I know, aside from the Boberg (which I don't even know if it's being sold here), the Makarov is the smallest handgun available that isn't prohib.
>>
>>28048023
Can't Canadians carry Derringers?
>>
>>28048072
Well we can own derringers provided they have a >4.2 inch barrel, but we certainly can't carry them.
We can't even carry a screwdriver if the stated purpose is self defence
>>
>>28048097
Ah.
>>
>>28048072
Canadians can carry belt-fed GPMGs, so long as the CFO issues an authorization to carry. The problem is that getting it is virtually impossible, unless you can prove that mecha-Hitler is coming after you with the entirety of the Fourth Reich. And then they might even consider it for a moment, before rejecting your application.

So no. Derringers fall under the barrel length required for restricted firearms, and are therefore prohib. So you'd need a prohib license as well as an ATC. You stand a better chance of winning the lottery than getting this.
>>
File: Vancouver_1.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Vancouver_1.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
>>28031958
>thinking immigrants are the problem
nigger, best city in Canada was built on chink money. Do you know how many Mercs, bimmers, audis, porsches, lambos, ferrari's I see every day?
>>
>>28048141
they make that oversized .44 mag derringer that's legal
>>
>>28048370
Asians came with money. Syrians are coming with violence.
>>
>>28048141

plenty of snake slayers and other bond arms shit with perfectly legal barrels.
>>
>>28048483
I suppose, if you consider a derringer with a ~4.2" barrel to still be a derringer. Not exactly something you can hide in a sock or a brassiere.
>>
>>28048072
No, they're super illegal. And I have one. Sort of. It's an NAA Mini in .22LR. 1 1/8 in barrel. Nothing fancy, but I can look at it and go "fuck yeah, I own a Prohib". And plink innawoods with it.
>>
>>28048592
You drive it up from the States, or are you a rare unicorn with a Prohib license?
>>
>>28048620
Neither. It was spontaneously given to me by a family member, since they were given it, and I'm the one who likes guns.
>>
>>28048141

I didn't think that PPALs are issued at all anymore. That's what my course instructor told me, at least.

Then again, my course instructor was also convinced you need three references for the application.
>>
File: freedom_blanket_waifu.jpg (96 KB, 379x576) Image search: [Google]
freedom_blanket_waifu.jpg
96 KB, 379x576
Are there any specific laws pertaining to where innawoods I can or can not fire non-restricted firearms??
>>
>>28049581
Cmon /k/anada time to wake up.
>>
>>28049581
You can fire your non-restricted funs on crownland. That being said if you are not wayyyy out there you will probably get the cops called on you.

Restriced funs are a nono but who will know. Of course our current government wants to make transporting those without a travel permit a federal crime.
>>
>>28048620
Doesn't matter if he drove up from the states, still illegal to bring a prohib into Soviet Canuckistan.

>>28050403

Still is a Fed crime transporting a restricted without a permission slip, the Cons just made it a little less onerous and convoluted to get one.
>>
So what do you guys think about the recent murders in Edson? Good example of "when seconds matter the police are only minutes away" I suppose.
>Family calls police saying they need help
>Police arrive just in time to see family of thee dead in home with no suspect
>>
>>28050435
>illegal to bring a prohib into Soviet Canuckistan.
I know, that's what I was implying. It's really easy to do; a friend of mine may or may not have done it before, and even got searched coming back into the country...
>>
>>28050843
The details aren't fully known, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't even have a gun in the house. Which is retarded when police response time in the country is like 15 minutes minimum.
>>
>>28051091
I gotta draw up some plans to get a few Prohibs over the border as safe queens. I have only a few guns that I really want, but they're all Prohib. But there has to be a way.
>Inb4 I'm labelled a terrorist/ISIS supporter or something and the RCMP shoot my dog and burn my house down
>>
>>28051279
I think what makes me rage the most is that the RCMP could literally murder you for having an old snubnose or AK, and the public by and large wouldn't give a fuck, they'd say you deserved it
>>
>>28051279
The hardest part is buying them in the States. You have to either have someone straw purchase them for you, or find private sellers who won't ask for ID. Actually smuggling the guns is easy (assuming handguns), since you can hide them in your seats or under the carpet/floor padding under the passenger seats. If you're a single male betwen the age of 18-30 some, you'll probably get chosen for a "random" search, but they just look for drugs in all the stupid areas (trunk, under the dash, glove box, etc). Make sure to strew some empty water bottles and/or fast food bags around to make the search less appealing.

Or so I'm told.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 625x578) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 625x578
>reading this thread
>neither of my references or myself were called when I applied for my PAL/RPAL
>mfw
>>
File: 1414045097995.jpg (885 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1414045097995.jpg
885 KB, 1600x1200
>>28045795
Thanks anon I was hoping someone would reply. Heres something for your trouble ;) (canada's national paladin)
>>
>>28051704
they only called one of my references, and didn't call me at all

the one reference they did call is a friend with a criminal record too, so arguably the worse of the two references
>>
>>28051298

Wasn't there a situation where some handguns were registered as Prohibited despite having 106mm barrels?
>>
>>28052205
.25 and .32 pistols are all prohib regardless of barrel length, except specifically exempted target pistols.
>>
>>28052205
there's probably some .25 and .32s that would fall into this category
>>
>>28049581
I shoot in Sylvester road FSR next to Mission, BC. I met some RCMP officers there. All they did was check for my PAL, ask if I was carrying restricted, and warned me not to shoot at a lake where people were swimming (durr). Any FSR is good unless it's a specific "No Firearms Discharge" area. Also, no shooting allowed in national parks. Just be sure of your target and beyond.
>>
>>28052268
I heard shooting up there isn't allowed anymore?
>>
>>28052257
>>28052262

No, I mean handguns whose barrels could go either way based on production. People with PPAL's would buy them, get them officially evaluated and changed over to restricted.
>>
>>28052298
Ah, I guess that's possible, though it would be an annoying process.
>>
>>28052284
Q: Is Sylvester Road/Lost Creek Forest Service Road in the District of Mission?

No, that area falls within the Fraser Valley Regional District. Refer to the Province (Service BC) or Special Area Hunting Brochure for further information.

http://www.mission.ca/discharge-of-firearms-regulation-bylaw-5433-2014/discharge-of-firearms-frequently-asked-questions/

It's still fine. I went up that way and asked a forestry worker where to go to shoot. He directed me up a path where everyone else was shooting. This was 2 months ago.
>>
>>28052342
oh ok, is it still insanely busy up there?

i usually go to chilliwack
>>
>>28052298
>>28052317
People have done it with Lugers, also usually the situation results in the restricted length barrels being sold in Canada. If a situation needs a PPAL holder to change the barrel length, it's because it's being imported from the states.
>>
>>28052359
Yeah it's busy. Every 5 minutes some truck/jeep/4x4/sedan passes by. You also see the occasional hiker. It's still safe.
>>
>>28052415
why not just go somewhere better? it takes the same amount of time to drive to chilliwack
>>
>>28052388
Are there restricted lugers for sale here?
>>
>>28052441
I'll do that then. Where do you go? Any specific FSR?
>>
>>28052476
You can find them on CGN EE occasionally. Otherwise you might be able to find somebody who'll import it and change the barrel for you.
>>
>>28052487
what's an FSR?

there are many places around chilliwack, but typically I go down chilliwack lake road, lots of logging roads and stuff you can drive around to, all sorts of shooting spots if you explore a little
>>
>>28052571
Forestry Service Road
Thanks I'll check that area sometime after my finals.
>>
>>28048023

Can you even find makarov pistols anymore? Seems like interammo doesn't have them at this time? Or any other alternatives?
>>
>>28052643
I think they were the only importer of Baikal stuff. I'd suggest emailing the guy to see what's up, maybe they're not exporting to Canada because of the sanctions or something, or maybe he's just waiting for another shipment.

Aside from that, I'd check CGN's Equipment Exchange, if you're ok with used.
>>
Ya know, I think someone has to say that we can all agree that we don't like these laws against various prohibited and restricted firearms, I don't think we should break the law to acquire them. That kind of thing only fuels the fire against us, and acting illegally in this situation isn't going to win us any support from the vast majority of the population who is neutral on the gun issue.
>>
>>28051600
Rifles, Anon. A FAL, AK, G3, SCAR and AUG. Though I can just buy a Valmet, I guess.
I've seen how Customs operates. There are X-Ray machines at certain crossings, and the searches they do are very thorough, at least they were last year when my family was slinging an RV down-they demanded we extend the pop-out rooms and everything.

I think the best option is to either meet someone on the border, or meet someone down in the US, deposit them on/over the border, then retrieve them later.
>>
>>28029583

NSfag here, i care. Send them to BC
>>
>>28052747
Not him, but I don't mind used. What's the better caliber for a Mak?

Also, assuming I handle one and dislike it, are there similar pistols in Canada, in terms of both size and price?
>>
>>28052919
>There are X-Ray machines at certain crossings
Not at the backwoods rural ones. It's anecdotal, but the search my friend was subjected to was quite lazy. They don't strip the car apart unless they have reason to believe there is contraband. Don't go through a major crossing if you're smuggling firearms, obviously.

>>28052946
I got mine in .380 as I didn't trust the availability of 9x18. As for similar ones, I don't know. Maybe you can find an extended-barrel PPK or something. You can get Glock 26s here, if that counts.
>>
>>28052940
I too am from Nova Scotia. Halifax, in fact. I have family who live in the North End, overlooking the shipyards, and another who works right next to Pier 21, so I am not blind to the potential danger to them, and other Canadians. Or any of the other risks. But this is hardly the first time we've accepted refugees.

At the same time I've worked with Kurds from Iran, and went to high school with Lebanese who's parents came over here as refugees (cousin of the Toulany family, who own like a dozen pizza ships), and they were all good people.
>>
>>28051704
Same here, bud.
>>
>>28053183
>pizza ships
Better not park those too close to Fleet Club or all the drunken sailors gonna eat them 'till they sink.
>>
Any way to get a Non-restricted license faster?
How long does it take usually?
>>
>>28054378
If you aren't on anti depressants, have no records of anything bad it shouldn't take too long. Call them once or twice a week once it shows up online.
>>
>>28054431
>admitting you're on anti depressants
>>
File: 20140830_161321.jpg (2 MB, 3453x1943) Image search: [Google]
20140830_161321.jpg
2 MB, 3453x1943
I'm going to buy the girlfriend an sks, and I'm in edmonton.
would prefer to buy locally, has anyone bought a good sks in edmonton within the past week?
I got one of the select grade ones from cabelas online and it's been good so if i could get one like that in edmonton that would be nice
>>
>>28055965
nevermind, for some reason i thought their site didn't do online inventory checks for surplus rifles but it does
>>
>Tfw illegally and poorly CCing
>Nig nog style-can't afford a holster, just tuck it inna pocket inside my coat
>Tfw it clatters out onto the floor in Timmies
Nobody made any indication of noticing, no cops came, my appearance has recently changed, and it was by my table, not in line, but still,
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH FUCK
>I BET THE CAMERAS SAW
>FUCK
>FUUUUUUUUUUCK
>WHAT HAVE I DONE
>>
>>28049581
Depends on the province, you can't shoot in NS or NL without hunting tags or you'll get fucked
>>
>>28057049
Retard
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 227x394) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 227x394
>>28057171
Agreed. I guess nothing to be done but hope it doesn't come back to bite me in the ass somehow. I think I'm going to fucking stop CCing until I have a proper setup, too. This is a real wake-up call, holy shit.
>>
>>28057049
Not to sound like I'm defending the whole
>you don't NEEEED etc

But do you really live in a shitty area where you feel you must CC?
>>
>>28057283
Somebody got murdered outside my building a few months ago, and we have native gangs that will attack for fun, or out of boredom. I mean, I'm a tall, fairly tough guy, but I don't wanna get jumped or anything.
>WELP
>>
>>28057347
>native gangs that will attack for fun, or out of boredom.
Dear god
>>
>>28057347
Williams Lake?
>>
>>28057223
>fucking stop CCing until I have a proper setup
This, jesus christ anon. You know how badly you could get fucked if someone sees you carrying, so get yourself a goddamn holster pronto.

These guys make cheap hybrid holsters that seem to be positively reviewed.
http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html

And if that's too expensive, at least get this:
http://www.wholesalesports.com/store/wsoo/en/Categories/Hunting/Firearm-Accessories/Holsters-%26-Snap-cases/Inside-The-Pants-Holster/p/62435

Or even make a cardboard and duct tape poorfag holster.
>>
>>28057374
i met a guy who left saskatoon for the same reason
>>
>>28057361
They fucked up a homeless guy a few years back. He wouldn't give up his shoes (lolwut), so they shove a lightbulb in his mouth and stomped on his face.
>>28057374
Edmonton, funny enough.
>>
>>28057456
I'm just going to stop CCing. I see here that Maks are small, and fit IWB Bersa holsters, so I may try that. Always wanted a Mak anyway. But for now, I'm just gonna hope they don't review the security cameras and see it.
>>
>>28057483
To be fair, the homeless guy was probably a racist white man whose terrible ancestors oppressed their great great grandfathers and stole their land

They can't be held responsible for what we, as white people, have made them into.
>>
>>28054431
does calling these places actually do anything?
what sort of fucking bureaucracy has things just sitting around collecting dust?
>>
>>28057514
I'm one of the guys with a makarov. The issue with them is that neither .380 or 9x18 is a very common handgun caliber in Canada. So if you do have to shoot (and I'm sure you're aware that you'd need to GTFO immediately or you'll go to jail), the police may try to check if there are any registered handguns in that caliber in the area. It isn't guaranteed, as they might just chock it up to a gang shooting using illegal firearms, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Ideally, your illegal carry pistol should be in a common caliber. Unfortunately, I don't know of any restricted guns as small as the makarov.
>>
>>28057552
The RCMP basically work on the basis of how much you appear to care. If you call them, they open your file and look at it again. Otherwise it just sort of floats to the bottom of the pile and gets forgotten. There've been people waiting over a year for a simple PAL.
>Plus if you're missing anything or there was a mistake then they'll fix it and speed things up.
>>
>>28057552
>what sort of fucking bureaucracy has things just sitting around collecting dust?
A lot more than you think.

I remember many Canada threads ago, some guy was trying to apply for his PAL, but he got rejected due to his criminal history.

To put things into perspective, he was 19 years old, and his last criminal act was 7 years ago. So, in other words:
>they brought up some shit that happened seven years ago (they're only supposed to look up to 5 years, max)
>the guy was a minor when he committed those crimes (19 - 7 = 12); in theory, they shouldn't even have those records, and it might be even illegal for them to keep them
In short, fug da bolis.
>>
>>28057574
Except as I mentioned earlier ITT, the glock 26. But that'll run you ~$1k from Questar, so if you can't afford a holster, you probably won't go for that either...
>>
>>28057522
>To be fair
To be fair, beating up homeless people is hardly something that's restricted to natives. Any sort of violent idiot is likely to do it, and rarely will anyone care, it's why being homeless sucks.
>>
>>28057522
>abloobloo whiteman
Fuck, I hate this argument, and I'm not even white.

I came to this country, became victim to racial discrimination at a very young age, and still made something of myself. I didn't ask for any fucking handouts. All I asked was to not be hanged to a tree like our neighbours way down south used to make a hobby out of.

I was able to see some measure of success without any assistance, yet these fucks get everything handed to them and can't get a leg up in society? Fuckin' natives.
>>
>>28057695
The problem is that natives are more likely to participate in violent gang activity. And aside from the odd psycho who likes beating up hobos by himself, these things happen when people are egged on by their group.
>>
>>28057514
I wouldn't fret too hard. If nobody said anything or started panicking, the only way you're really going to get fucked is if they see on the cameras that you dropped it. And if your appearance really has changed, they I wouldn't panic.
But you're obviously not ready to CC yet, buddy. Cut that shit out until you are.
>>
>>28057695
>>28057763
>americans move to canada because they've had it with the black people ruining their shit
>joke's on them, our natives are worse
>>
>>28057727
Well it's hardly as if all of them are thugs or lazy mooches, and while it's not the majority there are plenty of people who get off the reservations and make a good lives for themselves.

There's also been legitimate problems that people don't talk about, or straight up shit on. The whole 'missing aboriginal women' issue? Well the funny thing is, when people decide they don't care about a group, it becomes easier for serial killers like Robert Pickton to prey on them. It's not so different than the situation in the 70's with many young children murdered by serial killers, in many cases the police labelled them runaways and never investigated further, which is why monsters like Gacey were able to murder dozens.

And then there's the Residential Schools, which were open up to quite recently, and sadly were a haven for child abuse of all sorts, some of it sponsored by the state as the government attempted cultural conversion by force. And really, any of those schools from back then, where we put people 'for their own good' were horrible fucking places. I have an uncle who is went deaf as a kid (measles or chickenpox, can't remember), and the schools for those children were almost as bad as the ones for the natives. Thankfully he never had anyone bad-touch him.
>>
>>28057913
>open up to quite recently
Fuck, meant "relatively recently", the last one closed in '96, after over 100 years of operation.
>>
Why are you guys CCing in Canada? You're gonna go to jail if you get caught. I want it legalized as much as the next guy but shit.
>>
>>28057913
>easier for serial killers like Robert Pickton to prey on them
Most of his victims were white women. The majority of native murdered women are killed by someone they know.

>>28057950
While residential schools were an awful idea for numerous reasons, the ones that closed recently were not party to the abuse. The bulk of the plaintiffs were students in the 60s-80s. And while child abuse is a great way to create a fucked up adult, many former students managed to recover. How long can a group of people shed personal responsibility for their actions? And the other side of the coin, how long can Canada, a nation that prides itself on being progressive, pursue literally racist policies? The benefits conferred onto natives are decided by race. As a non-native, I can never be eligible because I am the wrong race.
>>
>>28058106
Concealed carry (properly, not playing catch with your gun in a timmies like anon did) where it's illegal is a low-risk, high consequence action. The chances of getting caught are minimal, but you're fucked if it does happen. Some people are willing to tolerate this level of risk in exchange for the added safety of a carry weapon. Not everyone's risk tolerance and life situation is the same; some life in relative safety, others face a real threat of bodily harm where they live and/or work.

Also, judged by 12 etc.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.