[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What are the factory sights on a SLR104UR set for? I know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DSC_0024_zps2055e696.jpg (61 KB, 1024x502) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0024_zps2055e696.jpg
61 KB, 1024x502
>What are the factory sights on a SLR104UR set for?

I know a "Military" AKS74u has the sights calibrated for a 300m Zero and 4-500m Zero. However I was out shooting mine today for the first time since I SBRd it and I had to shoot around 18-28 inches high to hit my target at 100m. This is the exact opposite of what I was expecting, which is I would have to aim low. I wasnt sure if it was calibrated for the standard 16inch barrel on the SLR104ur or if it is calibrated for the correct for 8 inches.
>>
>>28023264
How did it shoot before?

I couldn't tell you velocity difference for 5.45 off the top of my head, and can't be assed to google it ATM, but there's no way it's going to be dropping 30" (I am assuming you mean you're holding over 28-30" right?)

Did someone perhaps somehow fuck up the FSB of something? Not that that should happen considering the work to SBR requires cutting the barrel, not moving the gas block/fsb

Can you get a taller post?
>>
>>28023318
I literally only shot it maybe 15 times before the SBR because it was so ungodly overgassed. And yes, I was holding over by at least 18 inches, which if anything I would think I would have had to shoot low 18 inches.
>>
>>28023264
Mine is pretty close to right on at 100
>>
>>28023382
Weird, I havent tried adjusting my FSP at all. I only had 30rds to shoot. I have a friend who is a pretty great shot and he also said he had to have an insane hold-over in order to hit the target.
>>
>>28023264
You can't really zero sights for a barrel length it doesn't have. Because zero is going to vary unpredictably when you cut it. How is this not obvious?

Why can't you just re-zero it like you should have?
>>
>>28023634
>not understanding what OP was asking
>>
>>28023264
I hope you replace the barrel and didn't just get it chopped and re-crowned. Also I'd heavily suggest you re-zero it you moron.
>>
>>28024370
What is wrong with Chopping it and recrowning? That seems to be the route everyone is going.
>>
>>28024416
Not that guy, but probably because Arsenal use a standard twist rate barrel on the UR rifles, not the proper AKS-74U twist rate.
>>
>>28024446
People still spew this bullshit? Literally 99% of everyone who has chopped the barrel have had no problems with it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.