[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look /k/, i normally don´t browse this board, but i am very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8
Look /k/,

i normally don´t browse this board, but i am very interested in weapons lately. And i´m sorry i have to ask this.
I bet these kind of threads are annoying as fuck to you and get posted everytime, but i always come here and look at the catalouge and i don´t find them.
My question is what is the best assault rifle? When i look for lists on the internet i always see shit like ak47 or m16. Which makes absolulutly no sense. I mean sure it´s important historically, but it´s obviosuly not the best in terms of performance.
I just want to know, if you were a crazy motherfucker and went to fight isis with your bros right now. What rifle would you take?
>>
>>28021391

assault rifles are almost impossible to get, retard
>>
>>28021407
It's a hypothetical question you turburglar.

And OP, I'd take something I could get ammo for in the sandbox, most likely an AMD65
>>
>>28021439
thanks, but i mean if you had all the ammo you need?
>>
>>28021407
Stupid thread , but he is being rhetorical.
This belongs in the /trash/
>>
Best is IMO the AK-74M
>Best action
>Best round
>Best gun
>>
i don't know, what's the best vehicle?

there isn't one. there are different ones for different situations.

>>28021439
jesus christ, go back to school you kids
>>
>>28021391
>Bling AK47 with extendos and FMJ
was dropping scrubs so hard Id get 70 in 3 hours.

that being said...it all depends on the situation, but AK47 has most bases covered except big open flat deserts. Prolly a Reece or SR25 would be my choice.
>>
>>28021391
>My question is what is the best assault rifle?
That's a completely subjective question with a shit-ton of variables depending on the person. Since you're nogunz, I'll narrow it down to a few that you're likely to know.

>M16/M4
>AK variants
>Bullpup (choose your flavor: Tavor, FS2000, or AUG)

The most important difference between these weapons is how they operate. The AK uses a long stroke piston. The AR direct impingement. Most bullpups use a short stroke piston.

All three designs are super reliable. If you throw an AK, an AR, or AUG into the mud, pulled them out, and tried to fire them, all three guns are going to go bang. Sure, you can find videos of one jamming during comparison tests, but that doesn't mean anything.

That being said, long stroke pistons works in the widest array of temperatures. When it starts getting fucking cold (like -40), DI and short stroke piston guns will starting having issues. In a study done by the US government, it showed that AKs (long stroke piston gun) performed the best in super cold environments.

For sustained fire, the AR actually beats out the AK. IV8888 did a meltdown test on each gun. The AR went somewhere around five times as long before failing. The AK failed because the pencil barrel started to droop and pulled away from the trunion, so the bolt couldn't lock in the chamber. Granted, this is NOT normal use and should not be thought of as such. It just goes to show that AKs are not the invincible weapon that so many people make them out to be.

I'm sure I'm running out of space, so I'll stop here and see what other anons have to say.
>>
Best at what? Define best.
>>
>>28021391
What is best
Ford is better then Chevy
Wait no, Chevy is better then dodge
And dodge is better than ford
>>
>>28021407
He never asked if he should buy an assault rifle. He's asking which is the best. Just because we can't (easily) buy real assault rifles doesn't mean they don't exist. Stop letting your autism flare up.
>>
>>28021391
>That fucking image
It should be an automatic under 18 ban to post it here
>>
>>28021498
so the ak really is this good after all those years? as i said i don´t know anything about this topic.

>>28021496
>there isn't one. there are different ones for different situations.
that´s why i brought up the whole isis thing.
>>
>>28021407
>>28021485
>>28021496
And this is why /k/ is shit now

OP. Best "assault rifle" is hard to say. Depends on your environment and how your military functions.
If you live in a heavily wooded, an AKM would probably best suit your needs as it blasts through heavy brush and branches with ease.
If you live in a a place with long open areas, an AR15 might best suit your needs for its velocity and better accuracy past 300m.
>>
>>28021511
> It just goes to show that AKs are not the invincible weapon that so many people make them out to be.
Well my thought was that since it´s so old and just has iron sight as i understand it i thought i would be just outdated. but looks like it still holds up.
>>
>>28021525
I´m over 18. I don´t know anything about guns. I´m from fag germany. We don´t have guns and i´ve never seen or shoot one.
I just took one picture from google with a lot of rifles on it.
>>
File: 1446631161995.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1446631161995.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>28021391
>if you were a crazy motherfucker and went to fight isis with your bros right now
>>
>>28021557
>Well my thought was that since it´s so old and just has iron sight as i understand it i thought i would be just outdated. but looks like it still holds up.
Small arms have more or less plateaued. The AK is still a fine design.
>just has iron sights
You seriously don't think that AKs can have optics on them? What do you think that rail on the side is for?

Modern Russian service weapons are all very similar to the original AK47 design. Just because CoD only portrays it with wood furniture and irons doesn't mean it hasn't advanced been modernized in the 60+ years it's been around.
>>
>>28021391

go back to your vidya faggot
>>
>>28021566
>I´m from fag germany. We don´t have guns
You couldn't be more wrong. There's several Krautfags on /k/ who own AKs and many more weapons, all 100% legally. Learn your country's laws.
>>
File: 1448741659562.jpg (23 KB, 426x341) Image search: [Google]
1448741659562.jpg
23 KB, 426x341
>>28021594
>>28021603
talking to you is fucking hard
>>
>>28021511
>IV8888 did a meltdown test on each gun. The AR went somewhere around five times as long before failing. The AK failed because the pencil barrel started to droop and pulled away from the trunion, so the bolt couldn't lock in the chamber
You also have to mention that they fixed it by literally banging the barrel against a tree and then the gun functioned flawlessly again.
>>
File: 1435666065880.jpg (258 KB, 1024x765) Image search: [Google]
1435666065880.jpg
258 KB, 1024x765
>>28021391
Like already said, your question is as stupid as "which tool in the toolkit is the best". Nowadays there's barely any difference between the numerous variations, and all of them spew bullets into the general direction of the barrel.

That being said, I still vouch for the AK-platform. It's robust as hell, very simple to both use and maintain, and when it comes to maintenance, the Kalashnikov ain't a sissy girl who hates little dirt or snow. It's the definitive go-to gun for SHTF situations, when you want something that just won't fail on you.

In its original, falsely called "AK-47" configuration, the rifle is definitely tad heavier and less ergonomic than many more modern systems, but damn if it doesn't get the job done. However if you're not one of the "Rifle is fine" people, you can mod and tweak AKs just as much as AR-15s, and pretty much close the gap between the two handling-wise.
They're also fairly accurate guns on boot, no matter how people wanna exaggerate and say you won't hit even a barn's door with them.

Still, I'm gonna be yet another party-pooper and remind you that civvies do not get Assault-rifles. No, a civilian-market semiauto variants are not assault guns.
>>
>>28021624
Lurk feget
>>
>>28021688
Yes, but that is just a short-term fix. If you're going to keep sustaining fire, it will once again move forward out of the trunion and you'll have to bang it up against a tree again to fix it.

The issue isn't with the AK, the issue was with the 7.62 pencil barrel heating up too quickly. I imagine a Ak-74 or any other variant chambered in 5.45x45 would fair much better. Still, it's not like they offer heavy barrels on AKs so they're more prone to heat related issues.

None of this is an issue if you're not literally magdumping twenty drums all at once, but it's worth noting.
>>
File: 1428674368123.jpg (3 MB, 3456x4608) Image search: [Google]
1428674368123.jpg
3 MB, 3456x4608
OP, there is no right answer.
It boils down to the environment it's used in, the preference of the person using it, and a ton of other fluffy factors.

Ultimately all of them shoot bullets, and that's great.

I guess some fairly solid assault rifles that have proven themselves in the last 30 years would be variants of stuff like the AK, AR-15, FNC, IMI Galil. SCAR-L in recent times is up there too.

Another factor is price, and then you could argue an AK is superior to something like a SCAR-L even though the SCAR arguably performs better.

So in conclusion, it basically doesn't matter, most rifles are fine, and the situation determines which is best.

In contrast to the question, I'd argue out of mass produced rifles, the INSAS is the worst.
>>
>>28021525
Also, you have to be older than 18 to buy the fucking game
>>
>>28021528
It's also dependent on funding, if you have a small nation with a pitiful GDP then you're not going to have much to spare on military spending.
>>
>>28021624

Dude seriously stop asking as if this were up to stats on an RPG. Real life has more rules than you can imagine.

What's the best assault rifle? The one you can keep supplied and fuctional for longer. It could be anything.
>>
>>28021750
It's 17 you goofball
>>
>>28021407
>>28021485
>>28021496
>>28021513
>>28021517
>>28021525
>>28021594
>>28021603

These noguns faggots cant answer a simple question, because they have no experience with firearms or military vehicles.

>>28021391
M4a1
>>
File: 1446082040374.jpg (138 KB, 941x960) Image search: [Google]
1446082040374.jpg
138 KB, 941x960
Since everyone on /k/ is dildos, I'll humor you.

It really depends on the situations and enviorments you plan to be in.

Along with things such as how simple the design is for easier cleaning/stripping, weight, resiliance in extreme tempertures, cost, reliability, etc.

>tl/dr: different assault rifles for different needs

There's no one size fits all for any kind of rifle.
>>
>>28021511
>IV8888 did a meltdown test
oh my fucking god..... do NOT ever use that fat fuck as a credible source. The gun was shit, and it wasnt a true military barrel. It also doesnt help he was not using military ammo in the AK (RAS which burns hot as shit due to nitro) while using Federal in the AR. Go watch a true AK burnout. The dude pops off over 900 rounds before the handguard catches fire and starts to cookoff rounds.

An M4 will actually pop at ~260 rounds full auto mag dumping and render the weapon inoperable. A real AK will go thru 900 rounds and then just start to cook off, if you wait for it to cool down again, it is still operable but prolly wont hit the broadside of a barn at that point.

stop spreading misinformation nigger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syyYCv8M3-E

and because I know youre an underage little shit, title says 300 rounds, that is only what is shown shot in the video, he had already dumped 600 rounds to get the handguard to catch on fire.

>>28021737
>pencil barrel
do you think this a fucking game? You think the AK comes with different barrel types like an AR: Pencil, Medium, M203, and HBAR? There is only one size. AK or RPK with/without ribs depending on the country. Like I said before, stop spreading bullshit lies about things you know nothing about.
>>
>>28021391
Stick to CoD, kiddo
>whats the best assault rifle?
well,
1. that's a stupid question
2. there's no such thing as an assault rifle, it's a made up term to describe black rifles with scary attachments
>what rifle would you take?
Probably an arsenal AK or sig 556, they're reliable and effective
I just dislike ARs because they're extremely generic and have one of the stupidest charging mechanisms in the history of modern firearms
>>
>>28022444
>2. there's no such thing as an assault rifle, it's a made up term to describe black rifles with scary attachments
Except that's fucking wrong, fuccboi

Assault rifle =/= Assault weapon. Two totally different things.
>>
File: 1307770481330.jpg (10 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1307770481330.jpg
10 KB, 241x230
>>28022394
Wow, you're salty as fuck. There's so much wrong with your post, I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or not.

>You think the AK comes with different barrel types like an AR: Pencil, Medium, M203, and HBAR?
No, which is why I said, and I quote:
>Still, it's not like they offer heavy barrels on AKs so they're more prone to heat related issues.

Honestly, you're worse than OP.

>mfw the AR not only outlasted the AK, but its barrel failed before the gas tube
>mfw it fired 830 rounds non-stop
What was that about the gas tube popping at ~260?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSizVpfqFtw
>>
>>28022394
>>28022444
Fanboys are the worst, whether they're talking about gaming consoles, sports teams, or guns.
>>
>>28022648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzfm4pYhIyY

an actual mil test.

the report that went with this says the M4 will fail after ~260rds consistently while the M16 will fail between 290 and 330 consistently.

stop watching fat niggers do dumb shit.
>oh gawd, its like when I payed that hooker to loose my virginity, I just cant get it in the hole fast enough, I keep missing it! - IV8888
>>
>>28022444
actually there is such thing as an assault rifle... It's the name of a German select-fire rifle from WW2. The StG44 (Sturmgewehr 44, or "Assault Rifle 44) is commonly accepted as the world's first assault rifle, and started the development of a whole new weapons class.
>>
>>28022710
He was probably thinking of the term "assault weapon".
>>
>>28022681
So the polymer handguard lighting on fire was the limiting issue. Good thing nearly every M4 now sports a kac rail.
>>
>>28022681
Did you even bother to look up how many rounds that gun fired before it failed? That video was made by Colt during testing of the heavier barrels used in the M4A1s.

>http://atwar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/m4-and-m4a1-guns/?hp&_r=0

That M4A1 shoot 911 rounds before the gas tube ruptures. In the link provided, there's a second video showing a standard M4 with a lighter barrel firing 535 rounds before the barrel itself fails (not the gas tube). That test was also done by Colt.

>b-b-b-but the handguard caught on fire!
Yeah, and polymer/wood handguards frequently catch fire furing during AK meltdown videos.

This guy stopped at 350 rounds because his handguard was about to catch fire.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsDNpoXxWCA
There are many more videos like it. No matter the gun, handguards start catching fire at ~400 rounds or become too hot to handle (in the case of metal handguards).

But please, tell me how the tests done by Colt don't count.
>>
>>28021391
There is no actual "best". If the gun goes boom and puts holes in things, the most deciding factor is the skill of the person using the gun.
But anyway.
SCAR L (or mk.16).
Shortstroke gas pistol produces the smallest amount of carbon build up and therefor the smallest number of malfunctions.
Takes AR-15/M4/M16 magazines.
Uses a standard NATO intermediate round.
Extremely easy to learn the manual of arms.

I own a SCAR 16s (the semi-auto version) and it is the most expensive thing I own (with modifications and accessories). And I've never regretted it.
I've also never had a malfunction, but that's really cause I don't shoot enough.
>>
>>28022856
Stanag magazines buddy
>>
>>28022947
No, it can use all AR mags.
Gen 1 and 2 pmags cause wear on the bolt, but gen 3 and 4 don't cause wear.
>>
Hard to get a assault rifle because they don't exist.
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.