[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Handguns versus Long Guns
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: 1448595839389.jpg (58 KB, 1024x351) Image search: [Google]
1448595839389.jpg
58 KB, 1024x351
Does anyone else really not like handguns?

I was going to get a handgun to shoot but I really would prefer a long gun because honestly I am worried I will commit suicide with a handgun, whereas it is alot harder to turn a longer gun around and aim it at myself.

Has anyone else felt similarly?

Its kinda like when I'm afraid of heights; I'd never jump in a million years, even back when I really wanted to die. Because falling to me is just the worst way to die, even though it;s over pretty quick. But like, the possibility that I COULD jump, or that the bridge would collapse, is what kept me away from the edge, even when there was a railing. A full window was better, but it still freaked me out.

Same with handguns it feels like it's too easy one night when I'm sad to just pick up and put next to my ear. I don't have to even go through the trouble of hanging up a rope and stepstool, I can just go for a walk somewhere there won't be much to clean up. But with a longer gun, it's like, it's too long to point at my head and still pull the trigger without a stick or something. Like that will make it suddenly safe. It's a weird feeling.

Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>28021128

>because honestly I am worried I will commit suicide with a handgun

If this is a real concern for you then you shouldn't be around any firearms period. Yes, you can shoot yourself with a full length rifle or shotgun. People do it every day.

Also /k/ isn't your shrink so go get help with your problems.
>>
>>28021128
>I am worried I will commit suicide with a handgun
You should not own firearms period.
/thread
>>
>>28021128
Do us all a favor and don't buy any kind of fire arms.
>>
>>28021128
You probably shouldn't buy any firearms if that's a serious problem for you.
>>
File: image.jpg (147 KB, 914x914) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
147 KB, 914x914
>>28021128
I believe you have depression OP. If It's gotten this bad, then maybe you shouldn't own a gun right now. Work on yourself, consider medication or a therapist. But hey, if you think getting a long gun will keep you from blowing your brains out, go for it.
Land of the free motherfucker.
>>
Please refrain from buying, and being around, firearms.
>>
Go to a psychiatrist and see how you can get help.
>>
>>28021128

are you a student, or are you working?
>>
Gosh you sound like an enormous mangina.
>>
>>28021227

I have a job... why?

>>28021242

Because I considered it but didn't do it? I tried hanging once and just passed out, why, is that not good enough for you?

I would if I didn't have a family ,faggot, I'm doing this for them, not because I'm scared of it.

>>28021185

I already tried. It didn't work and I wasted like a thousand bucks. Never agian.

>>28021178

What if I buy it but I keep it at my friend's house. I don't think I could ever an hero in front of other people, that'd be just too awful. It's bad enough doing it where someone has to find you, but making them witness it; that's pure evil.
>>
>>28021395
>asks a bunch of mentally stable gun owners if he should get a rifle instead of a handgun because he's less likely to kill himself with rifle
>wonders why they tell him not to buy a fucking gun

Maybe you should get that pistol buddy. You not contributing to the gene pool might be worth the extra "gun death" the libtards will include in their misleading statistics.
>>
>>28021426

Maybe when my parents pass away. In fact, probably almost definitely then. Or until they forget who I am. But don't worry, I didn't have kids, I wouldn't want to leave behind survivors like that.

I was curious if anyone else was suicidal like me and owned a handgun but managed to not do it for a few years.
>>
>>28021128

Something is clearly fucking wrong with you
>>
>>28021477
Go check yourself into a psychiatric ward. If you check yourself in, in non-commie states, you can still buy a gun later. They'll treat you far better than some paid psychiatrist.

Or find a freaking hobby you can enjoy. Get a dog that depends on you and will be happy with you. Christ, I don't understand how people can seriously consider suicide. There's a fuck ton of cool shit in the world.
>>
>>28021395

I was going to say if you are a student go see a school provided therapist, since you are working, go find a therapist within your insurance network.
>>
Dude. Get off /k/.
Don't buy guns.
See a therapist/an hero
>>
>>28021128
Tyler?
>>
>>28021176
this interests me. for purposes of my next purchase, what gun is the most inconvenient to kill yourself with, especially for the man on a budget?
>>
>>28023659
Probably a 28" nugget.
>>
>>28021143
This. Avoid guns until you are sound of mind, bud
>>
>>28023659

Daisy Red Ryder BB gun.

Incredibly inconvenient to kill yourself with, because you'd probably have to bludgeon yourself to death with it.
>>
>>28021128

OP, don't get a gun, you are mentally unsound to own one. It's not at all normal to be suicidal.

Every time this site makes the news, we get another wave of edgelords coming through asking how to an hero or become the next supreme gentleman, and it's really fucking annoying.
>>
Please don't buy a gun OP.
I love you and you're special.

>Seriously though, finding a hobby that you enjoy can really help your mental health
>Get a BB gun or a low-powered air rifle and learn to shoot them
>Once your mental health is better, then look into other guns

You could even try airshit.
You could buy a high-end airshit gun and then set up a miniature range in your garage or living room.
That way you get part of the fun of target shooting with none of the risk of killing yourself before your prime.
>>
Who the fuck are the people in here defining what is normal and what is not?
>>
>>28024071

Self preservation/desire to live in normal. Wanting to off yourself isn't.

OP please get help for your problems before owning a gun. Don't use final solution for a fixable problem. I know you don't see a end in sight but with meds and counseling you don't have to live like this!
>>
>>28023659
Black powder full size musket. Takes forever to load, and due to the fuckhueg length you'd have to be really motivated to manipulate it in a way that'd aid in your suicide
>>
>>28021128

Buddy if you're shopping around for a firearm and "Which one of these will be less practical for suicide" is one of your criteria, then you need to sit back and seriously think about whether or not owning a firearm is in your best interest at the moment. Please get some help before you hurt yourself

National suicide prevention hotline:

1 (800) 273-8255
>>
>>28021128

sometimes when I'm caught in a negative cycle of thinking I will make a pretend gun with my hand and put it at my head pull the imaginary trigger. this stops the cycle as it freaks me out. not sure if i should get a gun.
>>
>>28021128
>Has anyone else felt similarly?
no.
stop being a pussy ass bitch.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.