[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
just purchased pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 81ignzb6mJL._SX425_.jpg (16 KB, 425x309) Image search: [Google]
81ignzb6mJL._SX425_.jpg
16 KB, 425x309
barsony IWB leather holster. Has good reviews and the only complaint is that it is a bit soft making reholstering a bit sluggish, but it covers the gun and seems sturdy enough to where it won't fall apart.

First holster, I'll buy a pancake or shtf holster next year sometime. I think this one will suffice until then
>>
>>28019248
I've always had a bad experience with inside the waist leather holsters. Is go with a kydex holster for your first one. Check eBay.
>>
>>28019272
>bad experience

care to explain?
>>
File: 0.jpg (207 KB, 1113x835) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
207 KB, 1113x835
>>28019248

I've actually been looking for an IWB for my M&P Shield but figured I'd get /k/'s take on holsters as well. The only problem I can think of regarding leather would be maybe...chafing? I've looked at Kydex holsters too but I'm just curious about everyone thinks is best as far as comfort goes. Thoughts?
>>
>>28019334
Alien gear and crossbreed both make good holsters in my opinion.
>>
>>28019334
OP here. I was going to get a kydex holster like a shtf or aliengear but the barsony was cheaper than both and I liked the way it looked. I always wear an undershirt so the leather will probably never rub against my skin unless it becomes untucked somehow.
>>
>>28019293
Long break in period, rapid wear, metal clip bends with regular use, scuffs the finish
>>
>>28019376
That doesn't sound too bad. This particular holster is supposedly really soft, some pictures show it almost like a neoprene holster folding heavily on the sides. and I could find thicker clips of the stock one starts bending. And it seems kydex would definitely scuff the finish of your pistol, with it being plastic and all.
>>
>>28019248

Reholstering in an all leather holster will always be a bit slow. Same goes for drawing.
>>
>>28019354

>aliengear
>good

Fuck AG and their poorfag holsters with shitty trigger coverage. stealth-gear makes the best hybrid hands down
>>
>>28019528
I've got a comptac mtac and interestingly enough there's more holster wear on the side of my gun that contacts the leather than the half that contacts the kydex.

Take what you want from that... personally holster wear doesn't bother me.
>>
File: 1448723339921.jpg (42 KB, 780x334) Image search: [Google]
1448723339921.jpg
42 KB, 780x334
>>28019248
IWB leather and reholstering are a no go.
I like my holster better than yours though.
>pic related

The desantis insider holster sits lower with most of the handle under the belt. To me this is more comfortable and also more concealed as there is less chance of imprinting.
To draw you hook your thumb over the rear sight, pinky around the base of the handle, pull up an inch, switch to your combat grip.
It sounds like an extra step but it really isn't and for me it draws easier than other holsters that sight higher because you do not have to pull your shirt up as far to reach your gun.

Just my 2 cents.
>>
File: 366824.jpg (96 KB, 460x368) Image search: [Google]
366824.jpg
96 KB, 460x368
>>28019354
>>28019728

Comparing the SGUSA IWB and the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 IWB. Aside from the $50 price dif can anyone point out some other pros/cons?

>Pic Unrelated
>>
File: 1.jpg (35 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
35 KB, 480x336
>>28019744
Link? I just got an SD40 VE and I need a holster.
>>
Any of you guys have experience with Remora IWB? I just got one from my lgs for 15 bucks
>>
Hidden Hybrid Holsters are really high quality and pretty affordable if you are looking to upgrade. All that kydex goodness and can be worn OWB as well. The inside has a sexy as fuck suede lining so you don't need to wear an undershirt when carrying IWB.
>>
>>28019929
I had it slip down my pant leg in public, with a gun flopping around inside my jeans. I had to waddle somewhere out of sight to fish it out.

Not recommended for long term or all day use, but okay if you're into in-home carry, or if you just need to walk out to get the mail or take out the garbage and want to be armed at all time.
>>
>>28019975
That was on amazon but I got this one because it was cheaper and I'm sure it will work well enough. I'll probably buy that exact one when I'm ready though, seems to be on par with the higher quality holsters.
>>
File: tulster_glock43.jpg (82 KB, 469x632) Image search: [Google]
tulster_glock43.jpg
82 KB, 469x632
>>28019248
I got a Tulster holster for my glock 43, my brother just ordered one for his Shield also since they have a 25% off sale for black friday for the next few days.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.