[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anti-Aircraft Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5
File: S-400_Triumf-34.jpg (1 MB, 2249x1452) Image search: [Google]
S-400_Triumf-34.jpg
1 MB, 2249x1452
Lets talk anti-aircraft weaponry. Flak cannons, guns, and missiles are all welcome.

For starters, the recent deployment of the S-400 to Syria has gotten me curious: Is the S-400 really the death-dealing stealth-detecting destroyer of airforces that everyone plays it out to be?
>>
>>28017417
No, it's a evolutionary upgrade of the decades old S-300 system.
>>
File: HN-Bofors-40mm-1-2.jpg (542 KB, 2327x1812) Image search: [Google]
HN-Bofors-40mm-1-2.jpg
542 KB, 2327x1812
>You will never fire a Bofors 40mm
>>
>>28017417
>Is the S-400 really the death-dealing stealth-detecting destroyer of airforces that everyone plays it out to be?

No, but its highly potent. The Israeli's have been pressuring the Russians not to deploy S-300's to its allies in the Middle East for years, stating point blank they will put destroy any that are deployed. The S-400 is a better iteration of that package.

I'd be more worried what Israel does once an S-400 goes online in Syria, given their past statements warning Russia not to deploy its lesser iteration to the Middle East. for example, an S-400 in Damascus could intercept any planes taking off from Tel-Aviv in about 55 seconds. That's highly provocative.

I mean fuck Turkey, who cares about them?

Israel now has to either back down on its previous claims (which they wont do under Netanyahu, as his voter base is right wing Nationalists and Religious nuts) or they have to go and destroy one of Russias S-400 sites.

That's the real story about the S-400, fucked if I know why no-ones talking about it.

Regarding the S-400 system itself, it seems to be a decent thing on paper, but its yet to prove its worth.
>>
File: 1b0.jpg (35 KB, 467x300) Image search: [Google]
1b0.jpg
35 KB, 467x300
Slovenian War of Independence the M55A4B1 guns
>>
It's a decent system. Problem on /k/ is that new anon's don't know that Russian stat sheet numbers are absolute-best-case-scenario numbers that don't apply the other 90% of the time, unlike American numbers which are usually understatements.
>>
>>28019201
>unlike American numbers which are usually understatements.

Tell me more about the shitty Patriot.
>>
>>28018887

23mm Right?
>>
File: South Korean Air Defense.jpg (297 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
South Korean Air Defense.jpg
297 KB, 1920x1080
Video of South Korean mobile air defense systems --

K30 -- tracked twin 30mm autocannons
K31 -- tracked Doosan K-SAM based off the Cortale EDIR
K263 -- tracked M167 20mm Vulcan cannon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b72HFcc5bmY
>>
It's not perfect but it's good enough that no nation will risk aircrafts against it except if really really necessary.
>>
File: FAILYork.png (88 KB, 989x772) Image search: [Google]
FAILYork.png
88 KB, 989x772
>>
>>28019915

If only they could have come up with 40mm APDSFS ammunition and added TOW missiles to it turning it into a CFV instead....
>>
>>28019839

Tell us more about Russian radar systems that can shut down American warships remotely and order missiles to self destruct.
>>
>>28019915

They should have taken the PIVADS turret, increased it to a twin 20mm vulcan mount, and thrown it on an Abrams turret.
>>
>>28019963
Actually the 40mm L/70 would've been potent as hell as a Dual Purpose gun, exactly how the swedes CV90 is. Would've just seen more ammunition changes quicker for dual AA/AT work.
>>
>>28019948
Why? I said nothing of the sort.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.