[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/k/ i need your advice, i need some warm gloves but i also want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /k/ - Weapons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: gloves.jpg (191 KB, 597x597) Image search: [Google]
gloves.jpg
191 KB, 597x597
/k/ i need your advice, i need some warm gloves but i also want to reload my magazine without taking them off. Can u give me advice ?
>>
I'm actually interested in this as well; doing some long range shooting in the Rockies. Gets a bit chilly
>>
>>28016678
What kind of elephantitus of the hands do you have that normal gloves make it impossible to reload your weapon? Difficult to manipulate the controls or get your finger in the trigger guard I can see but reload? I don't see the math. If you mean like loading rounds into an empty magazine, buy more magazines.
>>
>>28016678
>>28016703
Ironclads from Ace Hardware. They're wonderful.
>>
File: FS755932.jpg (75 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
FS755932.jpg
75 KB, 800x600
>>28016719
>He doesn't operate in the arctic
>>
>>28016719
i have wool gloves atm and they have 0 grip and no i have normal size
>>
>>28016678
stripper clips.
get them.
>>
>>28016727
I can confirm.
AT least better than mechanics.

Idk how warm they are tough

Homeboy Larry P. had a sale on surplus 'trigger finger' mittens.
>>
File: knifebug.jpg (243 KB, 733x395) Image search: [Google]
knifebug.jpg
243 KB, 733x395
>>28016727
they look good but will they keep me warm ? i was more thinking about gloves like this
>>
anyone ?
>>
>>28016678
>gloves
if you want to be warm you use mittens
its not the gloves fault that you cant reload without taking them off.

its because you take them off so you never learn to do it.

after a year of freezing, i could assemble the mg3 with pic related.
the people that always took off their mittens to do shit, couldnt even close their helmet strap
>>
Those are fucking desert gloves with vents built in so that the wind can cut into the fingers and cool the back of your fingers/hands.

If you want a fucking glove to wear in the cold then get some fucking winter gloves. Jesus christ kid.
>>
I suggest you wear some glove liners under a seton trigger mitts, that way if you have to take the mitts off, the thinner wool liners do will still offer protection against the cold and afford some dexterity, it's what I'm doing this winter anyways.m
>>
>>28016752
Why not get some wool gloves with a grip surface? Ragg wool is seriously good shit, I love wool gloves
>>
>>28016780
those are black oakleys, the exact pair in OPs post
>>
>>28016678
US issue flight gloves are awesome, really. Between those and some beat to shit Mechanix is how I rolled in Afghanistan.

If you're planning on hiking around in the snow for a long time and/or digging into a lot of snow, get some big, stupid gardening gloves a size too big and wear them over your inner gloves for the duration of the hike until closer to the time when you need more dexterity.

Layers for the cold, even on your hands.
>>
File: 1445532354907.jpg (29 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
1445532354907.jpg
29 KB, 453x604
>>28016860
Then how the FUCK did you shoot?
>>
File: resampler[1].jpg (77 KB, 493x563) Image search: [Google]
resampler[1].jpg
77 KB, 493x563
>>28017462
>mind control
it has a triggerfinger. its just hard to spot it on that picture.

windbreaker gloves with wool mittens inside. best combo EU
if its too hot you just put the woolen mitten inside on the back of your hand.
>>
File: image.jpg (271 KB, 1410x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
271 KB, 1410x1500
>>28016678
How cold is cold for you OP? And how much do you want to spend?

I've got a pair of pic related, and they work great in the teens. They're also made of Gortex so you don't have to worry about getting them wet-even the warmest gloves are useless if they get too wet.

I've also used mechanix gloves with wool inserts before, they work pretty well down to about freezing. And even regular shooters/contact gloves work pretty well so long as you're moving about.

So it kind of depends how much you're moving about/how much you want to spend OP.

If it's really cold I'd consider mittens like >>28016860 or possibly using a lighter pair of gloves when you're active, then switching to heavier gloves when you're stopped. I did that a lot too.
>>
>>28017743
whats the name of those ? Also it might have -20° or so just usual winter.

I want spend like 20-80$
>>
>>28017788
Those are Outdoor Research Posiedons.

For your price range and for how cold you're expecting it to be I'd look at getting the trigger mittens mentioned earlier. You should be able to find a pair cheap enough through surplus, and if you practice with them they're not bad. Just make sure you get the wool inserts too. If you don't like those, I'd look into getting a pair of snowboarding gloves or other outdoor sports gloves. Generally you're going to loose a bit of dexterity, but they're pretty warm for how much you'll spend. Go try out a few pairs and see if they'll work for you.
>>
File: dcfc2e8af02739bd.jpg (167 KB, 718x1080) Image search: [Google]
dcfc2e8af02739bd.jpg
167 KB, 718x1080
>>28017813
thank u kindly anon
>>
>>28016678
I own a pair of those oakleys.

They are great, excellent grip and dexterity, not super sticky like those flimsy feeling rubber grip gloves, but comfortably grippy. really comfortable to wear.

But take my opinion with a grain of salt, I am not a hyper elite operator by any stretch. but they held up well over a few days of demo work I did in a summer gig.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x300
Tactical fucking mittens coming through!
>>
>>28017888
http://www.theheatcompany.com/en/gloves/heat-3-smart
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.